Colin Kaepernick Thread

He didn't say "America sucks" and I believe he said "minorities", not black people.

He is not sayimg black people can't succeed, obviously.

If what he did is so terrible, why do we have to put words in his mouth and twist his position? Seems like we could just stick to the facts and blast him.

You're dim. I can't fix that.

Reactions: 1 person
Is that not his right?

Why do you hate freedom?

Yes, it is his right but if you apply yourself in ithis country. You can be anything you want to be. No matter what race you are.. Where's the oppression?

And , if you can't see that you are either blind or you are a sheep to a agenda that is going on in this country....

I said it was his right. I just think he's spitting in the face of every nfl player that has stood and still stand for the flag. And, I think he's spitting in the face of the owners of the 49's. Who should have the right to fire him.

Why do you hate my freedom to call him out on his BS?

Last edited:
I said it was his right. I just think he's spitting in the face of every nfl player that has stood and still stand for the flag. And, I think he's spitting in the face of the owners of the 49's. Who should have the right to fire him.

I don't.

So, it bothers you too.

That race relations have gotten worse under a liberal African American president that has tried to divide this country even more. Whenever he gets the chance.

This one man has done more damage than he has good.

I don't blame you for being bothered.

Clearly there's no bias or assumptions in this post.

14067615_1221818824531470_8384798977649709923_n.jpg

Now he claims he will sit until "there is change." Hey Chip, here's a recommended change....cut his dumb ass!

Well at least he laid out some well thought plans, he demands change before he will stand.

I prefer you keep sitting. You're not worthy being a part of the anthem.

Yes, it is his right but if you apply yourself in ithis country. You can be anything you want to be. No matter what race you are.. Where's the oppression?

And , if you can't see that you are either blind or you are a sheep to a agenda that is going on in this country....

What bothers me is, we have a African American president. That race relations have gotten worse since he's taken office.

And, he's (CK) playing a game for a living that's paying him millions. He's also playing for a league that makes, how many (new) African American men?, millionaires each year.

And, he's also taking advantage of the rights that give him the freedom to say and disrespect the country he lives in.

2 very good posts about this topic there buddy. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Especially the bold above. :good!:

Niners QB Kaepernick refuses to stand for anthem in protest | Fox News

Refuses to stand for anthem because America oppressed black people.

As a libertarian this should not upset me, and really doesn't......the choosing to not stand for the anthem.

What aggravates me is stupid people taking a stance. How many examples are there of people of color making it in this country. People from anywhere can and do make it here.

What a fool. Perhaps this should be in the politics forum....

I'll agree with that part. And, I don't have a problem with what he is doing. It's his right.

I honestly don't mind him exercising his 1st amendment right for something he apparently believes in.

I just wonder where his political morality has been for the last 5 years. I mean, I don't recall him sitting during the national anthem when he was the starting quarterback of a super bowl participant in New Orleans a few years ago.

It naturally makes me wonder if this guy's intentions are authentic or if he's merely an attention seeker who knows his time in the limelight has passed him by.

I honestly don't mind him exercising his 1st amendment right for something he apparently believes in.

I just wonder where his political morality has been for the last 5 years. I mean, I don't recall him sitting during the national anthem when he was the starting quarterback of a super bowl participant in New Orleans a few years ago.

It naturally makes me wonder if this guy's intentions are authentic or if he's merely an attention seeker who knows his time in the limelight has passed him by.

I think you know it's the latter.

It's amazing to me how so many people don't understand the first amendment and think it protects one from criticism.

There is a wide assortment of legitimate criticism that one could throw at Kaepernick. That assortment does not include "he's rich" or "he's got white parents."

Reactions: 6 people
If he's really about change, he should find a way to contribute to making things better with all the free time he's about to have.

The fact that he's financialy well off (or should be, anyway) does in no way mean he should bury his head in the sand over the problems he sees.

Most don't even agree that what he see's as a problem as a issue and that is your prerogative. It's his life.

If he doesn't do anything besides this then it'll be a vain act of defiance on his way out the door.

All of this outrage over disrespecting the troops should be aimed towards the government. They pay through the nose for all of that "patriotism", instead of investing it into actually helping the troops.

VN Store

Back