Coleman Thomas (charges officially dropped)

Those in the Know have Known for a while. I'm not one that is in the Know, but I Know people that are in the Know.

Now we Know.

Reactions: 1 person
Sawyers left Tennessee football program because the head coach kicked him off the team. He won't go to Bama. Wouldn't shock me if he never plays anywhere.

Agree-- especially with the recent heat Bama has gotten with the players kicked off their team, Saban is not going to take a chance like this again for a while.

Coleman Thomas has been reinstated to the program. He was found not guilty after the facts were reviewed. This is proof that some people should for go judgement until all the facts come out.

For all of those would-be grammar nazis that couldn't get past for go, four geaux, forgo, et alia, you missed on the very next word - judgment. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

VolNation has a 44" vertical when it comes to jumping to conclusions. :-D

Last edited:
During AJs case, it was said by the coaches at UT that the university has their own investigation apart from the police. With that being said, I would suspect they do what they say and found him 100% innocent which would reinstate him back on the team before the case is closed. If AJ was innocent, say not even with that girl that night at the apartment Im sure that he would have been reinstated before the case was completely closed also.

He wasn't even scheduled to be arraigned until today.

Unless they dropped charges, nothing has been settled.

Attorney for UT's Coleman Thomas refutes allegation - TriCities.com: Sports

So here is what does not add up for me. All of a sudden 'poof!' he has a Xbox, ganes, etc... and goes to sell them. I don't think anyone disputes he sold them. It is how he got them in the first place. let's say the items miraculously ended up in your possession. Not sure about you but my first response would not be to go pawn them. Before you beat me up on this I'm just honestly reading the story and trying to make sense of it.

Reactions: 2 people
So here is what does not add up for me. All of a sudden 'poof!' he has a Xbox, ganes, etc... and goes to sell them. I don't think anyone disputes he sold them. It is how he got them in the first place. let's say the items miraculously ended up in your possession. Not sure about you but my first response would not be to go pawn them. Before you beat me up on this I'm just honestly reading the story and trying to make sense of it.

The person who stole the items asked Coleman to go with him to ''pawn shop, game stop" merely to use Colemans id. Coleman was just trying to help. the two gentleman arrive at the establishment and Coleman gets the money from the sale and then gives it to the thief. Coleman is guilty of being naive.

Reactions: 4 people
The person who stole the items asked Coleman to go with him to ''pawn shop, game stop" merely to use Colemans id. Coleman was just trying to help. the two gentleman arrive at the establishment and Coleman gets the money from the sale and then gives it to the thief. Coleman is guilty of being naive.

You wouldn't be suspicious if somebody - even a close friend - asked you to drop what you were doing and come with them to pawn something on their behalf? To me, the claim that the alleged thief accompanied Thomas to the store is even more suspicious - it's not's like Thomas was just doing a favor for a friend who said he was busy. Thomas is either criminally complicit or unbelievably stupid.

You wouldn't be suspicious if somebody - even a close friend - asked you to drop what you were doing and come with them to pawn something on their behalf? To me, the claim that the alleged thief accompanied Thomas to the store is even more suspicious - it's not's like Thomas was just doing a favor for a friend who said he was busy. Thomas is either criminally complicit or unbelievably stupid.

Come on. It's super easy to sit here after you find out that it has been stolen and shout out "wow, isn't this obviously suspicious!?!". It is unreasonable to expect someone to immediately think that a friend has stolen something when they come to you with a story like that. You're either the most distrustful person in the world, or you're just another person spinning a just-so story so you can slam a student athlete.

Reactions: 11 people

You suffer from a lack of imagination.

Sawyer: dude, let's go to the mall.
Thomas: ok.
[on the way]
Sawyer: while we're there, I wanna trade in my xbox and some games.
Thomas: cool.
[inside the store]
Sawyer: aww man, I forgot my ID. Do this for me.
Thomas: no problem.

Where in all that did it become evident to Thomas that the xbox and games were stolen?

See? It is all too easy to imagine a scenario in which Coleman might be entirely innocent of accomplice charges. Not saying the above is how it played out, just proving the possibility of involvement with innocence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
You suffer from a lack of imagination.

Sawyer: dude, let's go to the mall.
Thomas: ok.
[on the way]
Sawyer: while we're there, I wanna trade in my xbox and some games.
Thomas: cool.
[inside the store]
Sawyer: aww man, I forgot my ID. Do this for me.
Thomas: no problem.

Where in all that did it become evident to Thomas that the xbox and games were stolen?

See? It is all too easy to imagine a scenario in which Coleman might be entirely innocent of accomplice charges. Not saying the above is how it played out, just proving the possibility of involvement with innocence.

AboveAll is above it all, sitting on his high horse. He can't hear your explanations from way up there.

Reactions: 4 people
For all of those would-be grammar nazis that couldn't get past for go, four geaux, forgo, et alia, you missed on the very next word - judgment. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Actually, the word can be spelled legitimately both ways, "judgement" or "judgment". In fact, in legal discourse, the former is preferred.

Reactions: 3 people
Could OP please provide a source?

OP reported that Coleman has been reinstated to the football program, found innocent by the coaching staff/athletic department.

For that, I doubt there is a quotable source. But if you wait a few more hours, photos and quotes from today's practice session will likely prove or disprove the OP's statement for you.

Note this is entirely different from possible criminal prosecution. That may continue unabated (and others in this thread have reported that it is continuing) until the prosecutor's office, or a grand jury/trial jury, if it gets that far, come to their own conclusion about Coleman's guilt or innocence.

Trusting Butch based on his track record in these kinds of matters (the AJ case primarily), I feel pretty confident Coleman is clearly innocent ... otherwise, don't think he would be back with the team until the criminal case played out.

EDIT and p.s.: If I were a less-than-angelic prosecuting attorney, I'd keep the charges on Coleman as long as I possibly could, even if I knew he were innocent. Why? To provide continuing motivation for his testimony in court against the real criminal. Why risk a hostile witness when you can assure yourself of a very cooperative, and scared, witness. Sucks, but sometimes the game is played that way.

Last edited:
Actually, the word can be spelled legitimately both ways, "judgement" or "judgment". In fact, in legal discourse, the former is preferred.

I guess my undergrad and grad school profs were wrong, as well as those in my one year of law school, my book editors, my editor at the academic journal and my editors when I was a foreign correspondent. Thanks for correctring them.

I guess my undergrad and grad school profs were wrong, as well as those in my one year of law school, my book editors, my editor at the academic journal and my editors when I was a foreign correspondent. Thanks for correctring them.

Depends on when you worked with all those folks. Twenty or thirty years ago, there was only one "right" way to spell judgment. But it was SO commonly misspelled that most of the major dictionaries began accepting either spelling as equally valid. It has been that way for at least a decade or two.

So, in short...you're showing your age, TVA. :)

I think they use the "e" in judgement in Britain. Like how they spell "realize" as "realise" and "center" as "centre" or "color" as "colour."

OP reported that Coleman has been reinstated to the football program, found innocent by the coaching staff/athletic department.

For that, I doubt there is a quotable source. But if you wait a few more hours, photos and quotes from today's practice session will likely prove or disprove the OP's statement for you.

Note this is entirely different from possible criminal prosecution. That may continue unabated (and others in this thread have reported that it is continuing) until the prosecutor's office, or a grand jury/trial jury, if it gets that far, come to their own conclusion about Coleman's guilt or innocence.

Trusting Butch based on his track record in these kinds of matters (the AJ case primarily), I feel pretty confident Coleman is clearly innocent ... otherwise, don't think he would be back with the team until the criminal case played out.

EDIT and p.s.: If I were a less-than-angelic prosecuting attorney, I'd keep the charges on Coleman as long as I possibly could, even if I knew he were innocent. Why? To provide continuing motivation for his testimony in court against the real criminal. Why risk a hostile witness when you can assure yourself of a very cooperative, and scared, witness. Sucks, but sometimes the game is played that way.
That's not at all what he is saying.

"Coleman Thomas has been reinstated to the program. He was found not guilty after the facts were reviewed. This is proof that some people should for go judgement until all the facts come out."

"After all the facts he wasn't found guilty of any wrong doing. It wasn't the court but the police dept. No need for it to go to court."

If this is the case, then there should be a source from which he got the info.

That's not at all what he is saying.

"Coleman Thomas has been reinstated to the program. He was found not guilty after the facts were reviewed. This is proof that some people should for go judgement until all the facts come out."

"After all the facts he wasn't found guilty of any wrong doing. It wasn't the court but the police dept. No need for it to go to court."

If this is the case, then there should be a source from which he got the info.

Ah, he spoke up again in post #45. I see now, thanks for pointing it out. In the original post (OP), he said nothing about the police or prosecutor's office. He only talked about Thomas being reinstated to the team.

*shrug* my impression is that maybe he spoke out of turn in post #45, let his enthusiasm get a bit beyond the facts. But maybe not, maybe he can give you a source for the part about the police. I wouldn't be holding my breath for it.

VN Store

Back