Coleman Thomas (charges officially dropped)

Coleman Thomas has been reinstated to the program. He was found not guilty after the facts were reviewed. This is proof that some people should for go judgement until all the facts come out.

Who's your source? Don't see anything on twitter

If Sawyers leaves Tennessee to ride the bench at bamer he's dumber than a rock! C'mon man!! :shakehead:

Sawyers left Tennessee football program because the head coach kicked him off the team. He won't go to Bama. Wouldn't shock me if he never plays anywhere.

Sawyers left Tennessee football program because the head coach kicked him off the team. He won't go to Bama. Wouldn't shock me if he never plays anywhere.

For some kids it's just about earning the scholarship. Some don't want to do want it takes to be a college player. Sawyers might be one of those. I predict Tennessee State.

Hope the same bunch who rushed to judgement will be just as loudly shouting their relief...but I wouldn't hold my breath :eek:k:

I had my doubts about Thomas since the timing of the resale (which occurred just hours after the theft) was so suspicious. Hopefully he was exonerated due to something like a valid alibi or a confession from the real thief, and not merely determined to be "not guilty" due to insufficient evidence to establish guilt beyond a reasonable doubt (e.g., OJ Simpson).

Has any reputable outlet posted an article about this? I can't find anything but I'd like to confirm if and why the criminal charges were dropped.

Reactions: 1 person
The question remains as to who stole the merchandise. No doubt Coleman told the cops who gave it to him. I haven't seen anything other than rumors so far.

I hope all the news outlets talk just as much about him not being guilty as they did when he was arrested.

Oh, you can rest assured that they will. Front Page Top Fold vs Section F, Page 11, bottom right corner. Its all the same, news is news, right? :no:

I have looked at all the Vol sites, and there is nothing about a reinstatement. Nor is there anything about charges being dropped. While I agree that the whole thing was a mistake or misunderstanding, there should be something to back up this report. Where is the source? I am so hoping that this report is true, but I want to see evidence.

Getting him back would mean so much to the OL.

I have looked at all the Vol sites, and there is nothing about a reinstatement. Nor is there anything about charges being dropped. While I agree that the whole thing was a mistake or misunderstanding, there should be something to back up this report. Where is the source? I am so hoping that this report is true, but I want to see evidence.

Getting him back would mean so much to the OL.

I think Butch is gonna handle it just as low-key as he did the suspension. You'll simply see Coleman in uniform with the rest of the team in pictures taken during tomorrow's practice, Coach Jones or DeBord or Mahoney might say a word or two about it, but no big announcement, no press release. Just back to business as usual, fellas, nothing to see here, move along, let's get to smackin' pads.

In short, give it another 24 hours and you'll have all the confirmation you need.

UT_Tix79*(1,124)*
03:05 PM 03-26-2015 ****(#P) *(*Report!*)

Rucker is saying there may be more to this story and to let the police do their job.

Not sure if that's in a good way or bad way though

Very good post from this guy after arrest. We should learn from this situation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 865dude View Post
I hope all the news outlets talk just as much about him not being guilty as they did when he was arrested.

When it's good news we never here it on the news! Go Vols!

When we beat OU, it will be in the news !! 119

Sadly after all of the "Tennessee Lineman Arrested" articles, I highly doubt we'll see many "Tennessee Lineman Exonerated" articles.

VN Store

Back