Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Strong) is the name generating all the talk around campus and with people we have spoken with. But no one is saying it's done. Gundy and the sources close to him has been very quiet since yesterday.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 9 people
Question was asked on VQ:

Can you confirm or speculate on any other candidates that will interview with Hart within the next 36 hours?

Hubbs response

Right now, I don't feel like he is going to interview anyone up there.

-Hubbs in regards to if Hart will interview anyone in NY

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
dec 3 658cst espn scroll: ncca news mike gundy has talked to tennessee about coaching job..... if already known sorry and mods delete
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 2 people
From Okie State's main rivals guy (like Hubbs for VQ)

I get the feeling the Tennessee deal is about to go down

I don't mean "Gundy to Tennessee," but rather I think UT has their man and it will be resolved soon.

It could be Gundy. Could be Strong. I wouldn't place a wager either way, but an awful lot of source information and just the general tenor says to me it will be resolved soon.

If you want to know first, look for a release from either OSU or UL. The opposite school will have just lost their coach. If both do, well then that qualifies as a "monkey wrench"

Also from Hubbs about whether are not more interviews will take place

Will get in full answer in a few mins. There is some scuttle tonight that there might be another interview to be done.

Reactions: 4 people
Tony Basilio ‏@TonyBasilio
I'm hearing UT has a STRONG #1 Candidate at the top of the list followed by a surprise from short list. #Vols

Reactions: 6 people
I have heard from a couple of places in the last hour or
so that Hart is planning on doing another interview in the morning in
New York.

I don't know for sure who that is at this point. Larry
Fedora is a name you hear, but I can't say for sure that they are going
to talk to him.

So I am trying to find out who the other guy is.

A decision could come tomorrow or Wednesday. I do believe it will be done
this week. Gundy and Strong are clearly two finalists and we are trying
to see who this third guy is.

I think Strong would take the job
if offered. I'm not sure where Gundy is after interviewing with
Arkansas. I'm not sure he's eliminated Tennessee.

-Hubbs

Reactions: 3 people
“@ErinAndrews: @ClayTravisBGID hearing UT & Auburn made big runs at Mora..wants to stay put in LA..”:blink:

Reactions: 1 person
attachment.php

Reactions: 7 people
Sunday evening it was expected that Tennessee would interview Florida State head coach Jimbo Fisher. It was thought the interview would take place on Monday morning. However, that interview never happened as Fisher was in his office in Tallahassee by mid-morning and athletics director Dave Hart apparently went to New York Monday afternoon for Tuesday night's Hall of Fame banquet honoring former head coach Phillip Fulmer.

The thought from most is that Fisher elected to not pursue the Tennessee job. However, a couple of sources indicated to Volquest Monday night that it was Hart and Tennessee who chose not to visit with Fisher for a variety of reasons.
Gundy had a team meeting on Monday afternoon where he addressed his team and told them that he had been contacted by both Tennessee and Arkansas.

With everything pointing towards Strong and Gundy came word that Hart was likley to have a third face to face interview on Tuesday.
Tennessee's timetable remains to try and have a coach hired by Thursday."
- Hubbs

Reactions: 5 people
"Tennessee is expected to talk to Fedora today from what a couple of sources have told me this morning. I know we indicated that in the morning update at the top of the board, but I have a couple more confirmations that he will visit with Tennessee today."

-Hubbs

Take it for what its worth a rumor but a High school Baseball coach up here that i know says that he was with Chris Burke last night and that he got a text msg saying it was a done deal for Charlie Strong to UT.

Mike Farrell‏@rivalsmike

Two parents of recruits hit me up, out of the blue, this morning saying they are hearing big Charlie Strong to #Vols rumors. Interesting.

Inside Carolina Premium board staff member states that Fedora is in NYC with the AD and RC of UNC. Fedora did speak at the NFFAA dinner last night. Fedora's policy is not to comment on coaching search rumors. The staff member then states that a source connected with UNC denies that Fedora interviewed with Tennessee this morning, despite any reports by Hubbs or Basilio.

Pat Forde ‏@YahooForde

Bogus rumor, I'm told. RT @Trey_3_Ballard @YahooForde Pat, anything to the Gundy to Arkansas rumors?
Expand

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back