Coachery

Danny boy bit off more than he could chew. I like his chutzpah, but he received a rude awakening when he tried to “sell” this job to the coaching community. I almost feel bad for DW but then I remembered he makes $1.8M a year.

Reactions: Perspective
Seriously, do homework.

He went undefeated in the regular season his first year. Of course he is going to regress....duh

His 2nd year his QB got hurt and he played a TRUE freshman all year. Still went 10-3 and still had a top 10 offense.

I'm not arguing he is the next national championship coach but he isn't a bad coach and people need to stop acting like idiots and attacking him if he is the hire. We can do worse
I'm on the fence about this one. On one hand you have a really good offensive mind that can rack up yards and points and he seems to be able to develop skill players. On the other hand his record over the last couple years is concerning. I get the injuries and COVID, but it's concerning.

What I want to see is the staff he assembles, that will give me a much better idea of where we're going to be. His OC hire has got to be legit as does his DC hire if Steele isn't they guy. If Steele stays on is named DC, well we could do much worse. The next few weeks are going to be critical.

Reactions: Nouveaux
I DGAD about the excuses why he regressed. That’s a cop out.

You're an idiot. Context matters, the world isn't black and white. Taking a true freshman and putting out a top 10 offense is impressive. I guess you are one of the idiots that said "go hire urban Meyer or Bob stoops" lol. Go ahead, have a meltdown and embarrass yourself

JH seems like a great offensive mind. He sure isn't a home run hire though. If we are gonna run AirRaid, we could have had Leach a instead of Pruitt. I guess I'll be in "wait and see" mode for the next 2 seasons, at least. Hopefully he can pull a good DC and won't try to micromanage him.

You're an idiot. Context matters, the world isn't black and white. Taking a true freshman and putting out a top 10 offense is impressive. I guess you are one of the idiots that said "go hire urban Meyer or Bob stoops" lol. Go ahead, have a meltdown and embarrass yourself
I think you are the idiot. This guys downward coaching record has red flags all over.

Pretty funny, told my wife we had hired Josh Heupel as the new football coach....she looks at me with a puzzled look...."and who is he?" I tell her he was the coach at the school we hired our AD from and she says, "Oh, that can't be good can it?" I guess we will wait and see!

VN Store

Back