Coachery

I'm feeling underwhelmed, especially after the alternatives we'd been discussing, and the good feeling I got with the White hire and introduction.

I hope they didn't go overboard on the contract, with another ridiculous buyout.

Mostly, I hope this works out well.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Money talks and those saying money was not an issue were wrong. Lay Saban money on Franklin or Kiffin and see what happens.

I wouldn’t go as far as thinking you’re stupid, just ignorant. Don’t take that personally, just business. Kiffin is an overrated POS.
I never thought about Kiffin in this search, but he is a generational offensive mind. You dont get hired in the NFL at age 31 because you're an idiot. What hes doing at Ole Miss needs to be replicated here in any way possible. Blindly saying Heupel is better than him is really stupid.

Reactions: Tetonvol
It all depends on his staff. If he get a true high quality staff that can coach and not have a continuous ego battle and he can communicate what he wants and then they are given the room to coach that vision without being micro-managed then he can be very successful here but if not we will be doing this again in 3 or 4 years as has been the pattern of late. That will be what makes or breaks him just as it does any coach. Great coaches more times than not have great staffs.

Reactions: Deebowbear
I never thought about Kiffin in this search, but he is a generational offensive mind. You dont get hired in the NFL at age 31 because you're an idiot. What hes doing at Ole Miss needs to be replicated here in any way possible. Blindly saying Heupel is better than him is really stupid.
Lmao. A generational offensive mind.

He’s been silverspooned all his life. Of course he gets hired way at a young age. His failure is the only notable thing.

There's no way for a group of 5 school to be a more attractive job than pretty much any power 5 school, probably not even one with sanctions looming. For top end players, they want a chance to compete for championships. The playoff committee has made it clear that group of 5 teams will not be considered, see UCF and Cincy as examples. Obviously getting to the NFL is a big priority, but you have more exposure at a power 5 school as well.

No, we’ll know if Ole Miss has a better record at the end of the year. Tennessee isn’t at Ole Miss level right now. A lot to clean up
Eh... It is what it is. In 20 years, there will be a brand new excuse for why Tennessee still stinks at football.

Hugh Freeze. Guys a winner. Won a sugar bowl at Ole Miss and beat saban twice. This was the only play if we were serious about winning. Who cares about strippers
I don't care about the strippers as much as the thousands of dollars he got caught giving to players....

Reactions: VolDave53
I don't care about the strippers as much as the thousands of dollars he got caught giving to players....
Freeze never got caught giving players money. Those were boosters like Cannon Motors in Mississippi. Our boosters do the same stuff. Its called winning. I really think we have a large chunk of fans with a vandy mentality

VN Store

Back