Coach Barnes, Martin, or Pearl?

Barnes, Martin or Pearl??

• Total voters
From THESE 3????

It's not really a question who it SHOULD be.

The one that sold the program, was enthusiastic, recruited great and had the MOST success here.

Reactions: 1 person
That Louisville team was a bad match-up for UT, for some reason. I always felt like if UT had played anybody else(in the same seeding match-up) they could have made the Elite 8

Sweet Sixteen is historically the worst time to catch a Pitino team.

From THESE 3????

It's not really a question who it SHOULD be.

The one that sold the program, was enthusiastic, recruited great and had the MOST success here.

Unless you have the ability to change everything to how it was in 2005, you're not going to get close to the same results.

Some of you need to realize BP isn't the BP we had anymore.

Pearl all day. He loved the school, took us to new heights, went to the tourney every year, won our first SEC Championship in over 40 years, brought a level of excitement to TBA that the men had not had in my lifetime, and he would have been willing to stay his whole career if UT as an institution had had his back. the man lied about a barbecue. That's no reason to dump the best thing to happen to UT basketball since Ernie and Bernie. He was the coach when I was a student, and I've always felt terrible about how that situation ended.

Reactions: 3 people
Pearl all day. He loved the school, took us to new heights, went to the tourney every year, won our first SEC Championship in over 40 years, brought a level of excitement to TBA that the men had not had in my lifetime, and he would have been willing to stay his whole career if UT as an institution had had his back. the man lied about a barbecue. That's no reason to dump the best thing to happen to UT basketball since Ernie and Bernie. He was the coach when I was a student, and I've always felt terrible about how that situation ended.

He got a show cause; it has nothing to do with "having his back".

He didn't just lie to the NCAA about a BBQ. He also lied to his boss and the Tennessee fans. His lack of character caught up to him. Fortunately it happened when it did instead of after tainting the University of Tennessee for several more years.

You have a very naive view of Bruce Pearl and his transgressions IMO.

Reactions: 2 people

In the 40 years between the 1967 and 2008 SEC championships, TN also won in 1972, 1977, 1982, and 2000. There's also the 1979 SECT championship.

Going with Counzo, I believe we would have had Jaylen Brown for at least one year.

I'm pretty sure Barnes was known for underperforming in the NCAA tournament while he was at Texas IIRC.

Two or 3 Elite Eights and a Final Four at Texas. He only missed it one year. His own outstanding recruiting recruiting raised the expectations and turned up the heat.

Pearl got himself fired by lying. If he would have told the truth to begin with, we'd probably just get a slap on the wrist by the NCAA. Pearl made this situation worse than it actually was which is why he's not coaching here EVER again.

VN Store

Back