Clk #5

Horrific list. Dennis Erickson recently took a school to a BCS game. Spurrier is stuck in a graveyard where Urban Meyer would have difficulty finding success. Jim Tressel has tweaked his offense plenty in the last few years. He's a much better coach than that guy indicates.

Well,while having an average winning percentage of 100% I just can't see CLK making this list!

I also bet this pundit is a Big east or Big 12 fan.

Jim Tressel is a good coach.

Les Miles is an idiot

How can u even rank Lane yet

Charlie Weiss is aweful

Spurrier is a good coach...in Florida
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That list is horrible, and the fact that Les Miles is on the list just proves how little this guy knows about football.

Everyone on ESPN, CBS, and Fox Sports says Les Miles is not a great coach, but just has tons of talent. How can a guy be overrated when he's not considered that great and has won a national championship??? If anything, he's underrated.

That list is horrible, and the fact that Les Miles is on the list just proves how little this guy knows about football.

Everyone on ESPN, CBS, and Fox Sports says Les Miles is not a great coach, but just has tons of talent. How can a guy be overrated when he's not considered that great and has won a national championship??? If anything, he's underrated.

Les has really only had one decent season in his entire coaching career. He still lost 2 games and was lucky as hell to even have a shot at a National Championship.

turdford and erickson maybe belong on that list, maybe spurrier now days but his body of work speaks volumes about his coaching.

tressel really? and paterno ? i think those guys are about 2 of the best going imo.

well, the four guys ahead of him have NCs, so I think that #5 is a pretty good place to be!

turdford and erickson maybe belong on that list, maybe spurrier now days but his body of work speaks volumes about his coaching.

tressel really? and paterno ? i think those guys are about 2 of the best going imo.
I'm not convinced Paterno is still doing any coaching.

Someone please explain how Charlie Wiess and Kirk Ferentz manage to stay off of these lists...

I was wondering that myself. Especially cheeseburger Charlie. I mean he has got some talent in up there but he hasn't done anything with
Posted via VolNation Mobile

6 of the coaches in that top 10 have won national titles...

you're only as good as your last title after that you're subject to being second guessed and ridicule by just about anyone...especially those who have never been a coach.

Last edited:
I don't exactly know why but I love Joepa and I hate to see him disrespected in anyway.

Hes certainly overpaid.

he hasn't really done much active coaching in a long, long time. He's just the face
It becomes pretty clear that they aren't even trying to fake it now. He just sits in the booth without a headset or anything.

When i saw Joe Paterno on the list, i knew automatically that Bobby Bowden was there too. just a hunch...

And for Ohio State, The've got TALENT?!?! The coach isn't the only thing that's overrated, the entire team is along with the Big Ten! When will people up north realize this?!

The SEC is where the real talent is. Nuff said. The 2nd best be the big 12 in my opinion.

Let me give you my take on why all these writers are constantly trying to take jabs at Kiffin, and i could be way off base here but, I feel like most of these writers are guys in their 30-40's, overweight, and make about 35k a year. They see this guy who is in most cases younger than they, makes 2 million per year, has a beautiful wife, and the head coach of a prominent college football team. They see this are completly eat up with envy and have one way to make theirselves feel better about it.

:lolabove:

the Big Ten...wayyyy overrated. Big 12 second best. ohio state has some talent, for a northern team but no where in comparison to the SEC elite. i live in PA and pryor was very good in high school from beginning to end and will be an asset to OSU. as for michigan, give rodreguez (Sp?) some time before he draws talent again. it will be the big 2 and the little 8 (but actually 9 but we northerners apparently cant count...)

As I recall, the pundit was a former SID (or similar) at USC who gained his fame by leading the media campaigns for ML and RB a few years back. He has also successfully picked the winner of the award correctly the last few years. From something I once read, he and Kiffin had a major blow up when he was still at USC and ever since, he has done nothing but bash Kiffin. If you go to his website and search Lane Kiffin, you will see where he finds a way to bash everything...including the signing of Bryce Brown.....

VN Store

Back