Climate Change

What is your opinion of Climate Change?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm intrigued by "no- till" agriculture. I read about it often, and know the USDA stance on tilling. I'm curious if anyone knows a number on the CO2 emissions from tilling.

I'm intrigued by "no- till" agriculture. I read about it often, and know the USDA stance on tilling. I'm curious if anyone knows a number on the CO2 emissions from tilling.

They have to keep quiet on that issue. Otherwise they might have to admit that ethanol production pollutes more and uses more oil than it saves.

Reactions: 2 people
They have to keep quiet on that issue. Otherwise they might have to admit that ethanol production pollutes more and uses more oil than it saves.

True. It's not just driving all the tractors around, either. The ground releases CO2 when it's turned over. Also, you don't need herbicides and pesticides.

Reactions: 1 person
We should burn the book publishers at the stake

No. The publishers are free to publish whatever they want, likewise, the schools can choose books that they feel are critical to the curriculum of their schools. It's not that difficult to understand.

Last edited:
No. The publishers are free to publish whatever they want, likewise, the schools can choose books that they feel are critical to the curriculum of their schools. It's not that difficult to understand.

And, the school board can be voted out of office.

And, by the way the school board's action was not a scientific statement but a political statement as is the IPCC's.

And, the school board can be voted out of office.

Indeed. They need to bring all facts forward, not just what they want the students to hear.

Kinda reminds me of Interstellar where the text was how we never went to the moon, just outspent the Russians. Liberals already have a monopoly on education, they've been working at this for decades.

The goal is indoctrination for everything. My main concern about "Climate change" isn't who/what may or may not be causing anything. It's the current "Solutions".

Flame away hypocritical morons.

Indeed. They need to bring all facts forward, not just what they want the students to hear.

Kinda reminds me of Interstellar where the text was how we never went to the moon, just outspent the Russians. Liberals already have a monopoly on education, they've been working at this for decades.

The goal is indoctrination for everything. My main concern about "Climate change" isn't who/what may or may not be causing anything. It's the current "Solutions".

Flame away hypocritical morons.

Liberals just absolutely embarrass themselves. Didn't the Nazis and Communists take similar measures regarding science?

What you dimwit liberals don't understand while you're sitting there gleaming because some liberal politicians enforced their will on their citizenry is that government is always the last bad actor. They don't act until a strong consensus has gone a long way. The social mood regarding climate change has already started shifting.

Burn baby burn. I emptied a few aerosol cans and started up all my lawn equipment today for a few hours. I'm trying to see if my neighborhood warms up over the next few days. I'll let all of you know what I come up with. The only problem is I live outside the city near some farmers who have cows that fart a lot so that may throw my numbers off.

But did you get that theory and fact are different? A theory is an explanation for a phenomenon. It doesn't have to be the only theory, but it is supposed to be verifiable by experimentation and observation.

The problem is that when you start applying a lot of boundary conditions and adjusting raw data so that things conform then you lose credibility. You see, in your "definition" there were no criteria defining the scope, method, or rigor of the testing and observation; nor were there any criteria for certifying the degree of confirmation. Fact is definite; theory is a probable based on a number of things such as complexity of the phenomenon, number of definable and measurable inputs, correlation, causation, and scientific rigor.

On the question of human caused climate change there IS room for questioning. Just not very much.

"....passed even though the Oregon Institute of Science and medicine is circulating a petition which states: 'there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate.'
Bill Bigelow, a former Portland public school teacher who worked to present the resolution said many of the text books are 'thick with the language of doubt

So far it has 32,000 signers, including 9,000 Ph.D.s"

"....passed even though the Oregon Institute of Science and medicine is circulating a petition which states: 'there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate.'
Bill Bigelow, a former Portland public school teacher who worked to present the resolution said many of the text books are 'thick with the language of doubt

So far it has 32,000 signers, including 9,000 Ph.D.s"

So a former elementary school teacher, who represents an institute, says my pediatrist doesn't believe in man made climate change?

So a former elementary school teacher, who represents an institute, says my pediatrist doesn't believe in man made climate change?

Nice deflection. What is a pediatrist? A kids foot doctor? New one for me.

Gore worshippers can scream "settled science" til the flatulent cows come home...the science us anything but settled in this case. More and more scientist are convinced that the data is altered and the doomsayers have been wrong again and again. Public opinion is shifting as well. The farce is coming to an end...

choosing a book and banning books based on bias are two different things. it's not that difficult to understand.

VN Store

Back