Clemson sues, wants to leave the ACC

S.C. OrangeMan

They sued in SC, so now the ACC is facing three suits in three different states, and their two biggest football brands (FSU and Clemson) want to leave.

If they are successful, do we want them in the SEC? I know South Carolina doesn',t.

They sued in SC, so now the ACC is facing three suits in three different states, and their two biggest football brands (FSU and Clemson) want to leave.

If they are successful, do we want them in the SEC? I know South Carolina doesn',t.
Nope. They need to go elsewhere and the SEC is big enough.
I don’t see why they don’t see how things go with FSU instead of raising a stink.
It’s all about the money, likely because of the ESPN deal with SEC.

Don't really want anyone else at this point.

Let's get OU and Texas settled in just a bit and see how that goes.

Oddly enough, last summer I was all in on Clemson/FSU joining-time and reflection have changed my mind. Almost like they lost their window somehow.

I can't understand that. Dabo and Beamer look like they are having so much fun every year when they get together to play the Nestle Goober/Klein Tool Arrogant Dork Bowl.

On Andy Staples podcast last week he mentioned something that was leaked from the FSU case, that hasn’t gotten much notoriety. Basically what was leaked, says that ESPN has a check in clause that allows them to reassess the contract w/ the ACC in 2026 or 27, which obviously is still several years away. The issue is that a decision has to be made by February of 2025(forgive me for not remembering everything exactly as it was said) . Meaning ESPN can sort of opt out of this deal and then the floodgates open. So the way that I interpreted it, is that by at the latest of 2/25 the ACC could be officially dead man walking.

Fun times in college sports when football will possibly take out another conference.I might sound like a "get off my lawn" type despite not being that old,but as a traditionalist,I don't like it.

Then again, the more I think about it, SMU,Cal and Stanford joining didn't help matters for the ACC,and teams wanting to leave. A frustrating situation all around.

Last edited:
Serious question-if FSU and Clemson do not end up in the SEC, are they B10 bound?

Serious question-if FSU and Clemson do not end up in the SEC, are they B10 bound?

FSU certainly would. They have the academic chops these days to be able to make that move and get up to snuff pretty quickly

Clemson-I'm not so sure the other B10 presidents don't pooh-pah them honestly. Not even close to AAU status. Would the B10 still make the move just for football? A very good question I don't know the answer to.

FSU certainly would. They have the academic chops these days to be able to make that move and get up to snuff pretty quickly

Clemson-I'm not so sure the other B10 presidents don't pooh-pah them honestly. Not even close to AAU status. Would the B10 still make the move just for football? A very good question I don't know the answer to.
Clemson would get them the South Carolina market for the tv football deals. So they may take them depending on how much they wanted to have a South Caroline presence. FSU gets them Florida so they'd probably be a definite take.

Clemson would get them the South Carolina market for the tv football deals. So they may take them depending on how much they wanted to have a South Caroline presence. FSU gets them Florida so they'd probably be a definite take.

FSU has shot up in the academic rankings the last few years. I would guess that they are either AAU or well on their way to becoming such.

B10 got holier than though about the AAU thing during the last major expansions 10-ish years ago.

I agree with you that they will nab Clemson-mainly I was just making a tongue in cheek joke about the B10 having ro eat their words.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Become even more bloated? 👎 I can recommend 4 teams if they want to start a new conference.

The ACC will end up dissolving like the PAC-12 and the Big 10/SEC will pick whoever they want while the rest get relegated to the Big 12. The SEC and Big 10 will end up being the two big conferences similar to the NFL. Anyone that has been paying attention has seen this coming from a mile away. The signs pointed towards this happening years ago.

Reactions: mackievol
I'd like to see these two along with UNC and Virginia end up in the SEC.

Is 20 too many teams? Yep. But with the Big 10 spread all over the country, I think playing a little defense and keeping the B10 out of the South would be a good move.

Once you get to Miami, it's not the south anymore so the B10 can have them..

Greed has ruined college sports.

Two 25-team mega-conferences---what fun. Boosters and fans will send all their money to their NIL collectives, like church-going rubes send money to corrupt Sunday preachers, so they can shower cash on teenage prospects destined to become backup linebackers, in the hope that the team can come in 8th in the conference. The program will send a box of CrackerJax to all contributors as a thank-you.

It's all gotten extremely stupid, I'm sorry to say, all in the name of hyped up TV broadcasts.

Reactions: sami and Pennheel

I want the ACC/SEC Challenge to go on for a few years.

Reactions: Pennheel

Two 25-team mega-conferences---what fun. Boosters and fans will send all their money to their NIL collectives, like church-going rubes send money to corrupt Sunday preachers, so they can shower cash on teenage prospects destined to become backup linebackers, in the hope that the team can come in 8th in the conference. The program will send a box of CrackerJax to all contributors as a thank-you.

It's all gotten extremely stupid, I'm sorry to say, all in the name of hyped up TV broadcasts.

Yea, you’ve only mentioned it about a million times.

you willing to go back to the good ole days where only a couple games are broadcast at all? Have to listen to Bob Kesling on the radio/radio app to have any idea how most games are going? are you willing to support a team that isn't investing in the best they could get, and are happy to be able to watch only local games?

Reactions: HarderKnox59

VN Store

Back