Clay Travis Destroys Dooley

I can't tell if he's just fishing for readers or if he is one of the homers who want to fire coaches/assistants after every loss.

I still say clay travis is an arrogant little piss-ant who needs a good arse kicking to slap some of that "i'm better than you" out of him. So regardless of what he says, whether relevant or not, I can't get past his arrogant attitude.

Of course that's just my opinion.

Valid Points indeed. Clay Travis has a law degree so I can assume he is a smart man. He had to settle to become an annoying talk show host at the midday time slot in Nashville Tn. Dont read to much into anything this douche says.

you know the douche is reading this wonder if he is man enough to post something.
Or maybe he will just take to the airwaves and trash volnation.com

It doesn't matter that our class is ranked 10th in the SEC. Every time we've got a commit from a 3* player I've read on here that he'll be at least a 4* by signing day. So I guess our class will magically move up to top 3 in the conference by then.

What an a$$ hole CT is. Here's some of his comments from an article he wrote last year, and here's the link if you want to read the whole thing.
Jonathan Crompton Era Needs to End -- NCAAFB FanHouse
Lane Kiffin has been brash, confident, and quotable. What he hasn't been is a winner. Anywhere. In 25 games as a head coach, Kiffin is now 7-18 (5-15 with the NFL's Oakland Raiders and 2-3 with the Vols). With Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina in the next three games, it's altogether possible that Kiffin and the Vols are going to be sitting at 2-6 by the time November arrives. Another season of 5-7 or worse looms. And here's the kicker, next year Tennessee is going to be worse. In this day and age if your second season isn't a good one, you're not going to truly succeed as a coach. Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer, Mark Richt -- every single one of those coaches had great second seasons. That's when their teams made a seismic jump.

Kiffin's situation is unique because his team, due to the graduating seniors on the offensive line and at tailback, and the presumed early departure of Eric Berry, is going to be worse next year. He needed to win this year, needed to beat inferior teams at home like UCLA and needed to beat teams of similar talent like Auburn. But he hasn't. And in the process Jonathan Crompton has become the albatross dragging down Kiffin, Version 1.0.

3 stars arent sleepers or diamonds in the rough

3 stars are considered among the region's top prospects

I agree that 3*s are not diamonds in the rough, but at the same time I hope you agree that a team full of 3 star players is not going to make a championship team, especially in the SEC.

It doesn't matter that our class is ranked 10th in the SEC. Every time we've got a commit from a 3* player I've read on here that he'll be at least a 4* by signing day. So I guess our class will magically move up to top 3 in the conference by then.

:good!:

We have had just as much time as every other program in the SEC to recruit.

Not true. Much of recruiting is about relationships established over a couple of years. This is the third year in a row that we have had signficant coaching turnover. Next year's class is a class that Dooley will have had as much relationship time as the other schools. It is critical that Dooley and staff show significant development of the players and recruits that they do have to go along with the available playing time.

Who cares what Travis says! We already know... We got our butts beat. The Vols will be back! GBO!!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I agree that 3*s are not diamonds in the rough, but at the same time I hope you agree that a team full of 3 star players is not going to make a championship team, especially in the SEC.

I'm not so sure about that. If we can just bring in a few higher rated playmakers to make something happen, like Hunter and Da'Freak, then I think we'll be fine. We really need Bray to step up and probably get a 4 or 5* insurance policy though.

The same logic holds true for the defense. Not every position has to be loaded. We need solid players, depth and playmakers. If Dooley can build a solid team in that way, eventually the other positions will start attracting better talent and his job will be much easier.

Clay Travis is a d-bag who only cares about making $$$$$. All he cares about are hits to his articles and people who listen to his show.

Unfortunately, he's also really smart and has the idiots who constantly take his word for Gospel in the palm of his hand.

His is right, totally. This will go down as one of the worst hires in NCAA history. He is a terrible coach and his staff is a joke.

This is sort of like entering a Yugo in the Daytona 500 and then pretending to be surprised halfway through the race when you're 5 laps down . . . Where you knew you'd be in the first place.

Dang, that's one fast Yugo. :)

I am upset too with how bad the losses are this year. Outside of LSU and partially the UF game the team has not played a second half yet. Dooley needs a win in a bad way. I hope Dooley figures it out and he needs time to do it. If we aren't in the mix in 2012 I will call for Dooley's head with everyone else but until then I will let him work his "process".

This is sort of like entering a Yugo in the Daytona 500 and then pretending to be surprised halfway through the race when you're 5 laps down . . . Where you knew you'd be in the first place.

It really is amazing that people expected different.

Who expected us to have a super-star class at this point? We have some solid-looking guys, but no big time commitments. Well...it's October. How many of these high-profile guys pull the trigger anywhere this early? Much less with what, 3 1/2 months to signing day?

I am upset too with how bad the losses are this year. Outside of LSU and partially the UF game the team has not played a second half yet. Dooley needs a win in a bad way. I hope Dooley figures it out and he needs time to do it. If we aren't in the mix in 2012 I will call for Dooley's head with everyone else but until then I will let him work his "process".

Which offensive and defensive line would you like them to play in the second half? Should we put our freshmen in? OH, that's right, those were the starters. The cupboard is bare.

What has happened that has so many people acting as tho they are in shock at our win/loss record.

Most posters on this board would have placed a bet that we would be 2-6 by the time we get to the Ole Miss game. Well we have met expectations, that is not a coaching fault, that is recruiting problems, and the mass exodus that hit our team after the loss of Fulmer, then after the Kiffin experiment failed.

I do have a lot of questions about Dooley (ie is he recruiting SEC caliber talent to Tennessee and why the H*** can't he count to eleven) but I am willing to give him time to build a winner here, but 3 years is my limit.....JMHO

Wait! You are comparing the Vols to a product of Yugoslavia? You realize that it was a communist country that committed atrocities.

Just think of the veteran Vol fans who may have fought in Yugoslavia - this is way over the top GA; way over the top.

Further, the Yugo was poorly made and likely resulted in deaths during normal operation. Are you saying the Vols are murderers? Cause it sure sounds that way.

He's right. Kiffin had less offensive weapons to work with and he still took us to a 7 win season and a bowl game. The only thing I've enjoyed watching this year is the improvement of the oline

Are you kidding?

Crompton>Simms
Hardesty>Poole
'09 OL>'10 OL
Stocker had a better year in '09.

This years OL will eventually be better but we aren't there now

Wait! You are comparing the Vols to a product of Yugoslavia? You realize that it was a communist country that committed atrocities.

Just think of the veteran Vol fans who may have fought in Yugoslavia - this is way over the top GA; way over the top.

Further, the Yugo was poorly made and likely resulted in deaths during normal operation. Are you saying the Vols are murderers? Cause it sure sounds that way.

Solid.

clay is just telling it how it is.. some of you just dont like hearing the truth

Just cause Clay says it doesn't mean I have to agree with him. He's got far less credentials to evaluate this year's team than many others do.

TSwafford--just cause some salesman says it, you gonna belive it huh?

VN Store

Back