Clay Travis Destroys Dooley

Some of you get so offended when someone tells the truth. It's funny you all get mad when someone doesn't live in your altered version of reality.

"I can't wait until 2011"
"We're back baby!"
'We ARE Tennessee"
"Atlanta in December!"
"Championship time, what size ring does Dooley wear?"

Clay Travis is spot-on with his rant. Most of you people are insane.

Dooley is Wade Phillips re-incarnated.

He had to settle to become an annoying talk show host at the midday time slot in Nashville Tn. Dont read to much into anything this douche says.

This whole idea cracks me up. Vandy Law degree, author of 3 books, writer for fanhouse and co-host of a radio show and he's in his early thirties. I'd be willing to say that he is more successful than 99% of the posters on here. Whether you agree with what he says or not, don't act like you wouldn't switch jobs with him in a heartbeat.

This whole idea cracks me up. Vandy Law degree, author of 3 books, writer for fanhouse and co-host of a radio show and he's in his early thirties. I'd be willing to say that he is more successful than 99% of the posters on here. Whether you agree with what he says or not, don't act like you wouldn't switch jobs with him in a heartbeat.

Thank you. 85% of the people on this board can barely spell grade school level words.

This is a world of instant gratification and there is not a coach in the world that could have turned this team into even a 8 win team! People need to get over it and get on board. This will be a long process with plenty of excitement to come! No one wanted the job because they did not want to endure what Coach Dooley is going through. I salute the man and know he will be successful!

Some of you get so offended when someone tells the truth. It's funny you all get mad when someone doesn't live in your altered version of reality.

"I can't wait until 2011"
"We're back baby!"
'We ARE Tennessee"
"Atlanta in December!"
"Championship time, what size ring does Dooley wear?"

Clay Travis is spot-on with his rant. Most of you people are insane.

Dooley is Wade Phillips re-incarnated.

this!!! :good!:

This is a world of instant gratification and there is not a coach in the world that could have turned this team into even a 8 win team! People need to get over it and get on board. This will be a long process with plenty of excitement to come! No one wanted the job because they did not want to endure what Coach Dooley is going through. I salute the man and know he will be successful!

In all seriousness, based on what?

Huh? Wade is far more like Fulmer doing less with more. Dooley is doing less with less. How about Dooley is an awful reincarnation of Ron Zook?

Haha, well put. All I meant is that he is clueless to what's going on around him.

Actually, based on what the psychic told my wife!

At least it's something! Lol.

Last edited:
I'm a little late on this one but I think it's a little too soon to say with any certainly that Dooley will never get it done. We've had the hardest schedule in the country and have 3 straight incomplete recruiting classes.

I really don't think giving this program its 4th coach in 4 years would be the way to revive it right now.

I'm a little late on this one but I think it's a little too soon to say with any certainly that Dooley will never get it done. We've had the hardest schedule in the country and have 3 straight incomplete recruiting classes.

I really don't think giving this program its 4th coach in 4 years would be the way to revive it right now.
This. We can Dooley now and UT fans can kiss being a winning program goodbye and say hello to being the new south Carolina for at least the next ten years.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I 'might' be in minority now but I want to give Dooley more time. it's still too early and I still support him 110%.

I agree.

This is the worst team we have had at least since the late 70's and probably the best or 2nd best team those people have ever had.
General Neyland himself couldn't win more than a handfull of games with this team.

Not to mention every team we have played except UTM and UAB are solid top 10 teams.

Everybody knew this was going to happen. Every reasonable body anyway. I still blame Fulmer and Hamilton for making this disaster that is now the Tennessee Volunteers.

This. We can Dooley now and UT fans can kiss being a winning program goodbye and say hello to being the new south Carolina for at least the next ten years.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

That depends greatly on who his replacement might be.

You could also make the case that we could be in for 2 or 3 years building towards an 8-4 program, then 4 or 5 years figuring out that it isn't going to get any better, and then canning the guy. That is what I would call a wasted decade.

I didn't like the hire when it happened, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind. I also haven't called for his head; right now, he's the cake we are baking. But if I were sitting on the throne of the athletic department and a big name guy became available, I'd have to think long and hard about trading up to a better model.

VN Store

Back