Classic Movies That Couldn't Be Made Today

Was watching the Shootist with John Wayne yesterday and James Caan plays a part in that movie where he plays a Chinaman character. No way that gets made today.

Also Big Trouble in Little China.

....they are in fact, remaking this. Rock is playing Jack Burton.

Breakfast at Tiffany's for sure..
breakfast-at-tiffanys-mickey-rooney-4.jpg

They actually did. My wife loves that movie and you can't buy it anywhere.

I personally don't have an issue with any movie that's ever been made but the double standard in today's society has gotten ridiculous. I watch comedians all the time make fun of white people, Asians, Hispanics etc but I'll be damnes if you make fun of black people if you're not black. Im jot racist at all, I'm white and my wife is black...and even it pisses her off

All this being said I would love to see a remake of the Jeffersons, classic show

Song of the South (1946) DVD – Movie Buffs Forever

Doing a little reading on Song of the South. Apparently it will.be in the Public Domain in 2039 and Disney has pretty much said they will,get around to doing an official release before then.

My first time going to the cinema was to watch Song of the South; one of my earliest memories

Lots of old Disney cartoons. I was watching some with my kids and they have gun humor and smoking/drinking. Society has gotten soft.

Lots of old Disney cartoons. I was watching some with my kids and they have gun humor and smoking/drinking. Society has gotten soft.

Love the old Bugs Bunny WWII cartoons as well. You're correct on society being soft.

I don't know. Apparently Song of the South was pretty controversial when it debuted back in 1946.

The Breakfast Club.

Anthony Michael Hall's character wouldn't be there in Saturday detention for bringing a gun to school. He'd be in jail.

Reactions: 2 people
Love the old Bugs Bunny WWII cartoons as well. You're correct on society being soft.

Yeah lots of violence in those..bombs, guns, knives...I remember being able to carry my scout compass knive with me to school..would be suspended for that today

Yeah lots of violence in those..bombs, guns, knives...I remember being able to carry my scout compass knive with me to school..would be suspended for that today
Lol. I carried a folding buck knife, not for defense/offense, it's just what we did... no big deal back then.

Watching A Christmas Story..and I'm shocked and offended at the glorification of guns in it...wouldn't doubt if it wasn't bankrolled by the NRA

VN Store

Back