Classic Movies That Couldn't Be Made Today

They couldn't make that again. It's a classic.

Yeah but if they stopped with the first we wouldn't have gotten the 3rd one, which in my opinion, is one of the best Disney/Pixar films made.....now Willy Wonka..that is one they shouldn't have remade

Yeah but if they stopped with the first we wouldn't have gotten the 3rd one, which in my opinion, is one of the best Disney/Pixar films made.....now Willy Wonka..that is one they shouldn't have remade

True. I love willy, both of them, but only because I loved the first so much.

This film is rather recent but Forrest Gump. Nobody could do a better job than Tom Hanks.

Not movies, but Sanford and Son, All in the Family, and the Saturday Night Live word association skit with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor would be difficult to broadcast today.

Was watching the Shootist with John Wayne yesterday and James Caan plays a part in that movie where he plays a Chinaman character. No way that gets made today.

Also Big Trouble in Little China.

not only can they not remake that movie, I'm fairly sure that Disney burned the original :)

They actually did. My wife loves that movie and you can't buy it anywhere.

I personally don't have an issue with any movie that's ever been made but the double standard in today's society has gotten ridiculous. I watch comedians all the time make fun of white people, Asians, Hispanics etc but I'll be damnes if you make fun of black people if you're not black. Im jot racist at all, I'm white and my wife is black...and even it pisses her off

All this being said I would love to see a remake of the Jeffersons, classic show

Last edited:
Aunt Ester could probably get away with calling Fred Sanford a Fish Eyed Fool. Doubt that he could be calling her a large primate though.

There is a small group that looks to be offended..the media loves to trumpet these causes...I'm part Cherokee and have no problem with Washington using Redskins..Adam Sandler is also dealing with backlash because of these six jokes in an upcoming film

The Ridiculous Six
These Are The Adam Sandler Jokes That Some Native Americans Are Mad About - CINEMABLEND

this is the part that got me
"but could understandably come across as patronizing and offensive to the Native American actors who are made to carry out this proliferation of crude cultural misconceptions"

I don't think anybody is making them do the movie

Not movies, but Sanford and Son, All in the Family, and the Saturday Night Live word association skit with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor would be difficult to broadcast today.

id never seen that one. no, dont think the word association game will be making another debut.

VN Store

Back