CJP's first UT recruiting class missing on in-state talent

I harped on this for a while and got torched by some "gurus" on here.But, I talked to a guy (not a call in show) who is a college football insider. He explained what CJP is looking for in HS players and what his philosophy is. I get what he is tying to do and trust CJP.

Aaaaaaand?

Reactions: 1 person
Aaaaaaand?

It's too long to type out. It has nothing to do with system or camping at UT.
Let's just say that team leaders and size are very important. A lot of the in state players assumed that UT would automatically wait on them because they were "blue chips" and would make them top priorities. One thing stuck out....not many "leaders" and questionable attitudes.

Just a little of what I was told.

It's too long to type out. It has nothing to do with system or camping at UT.
Let's just say that team leaders and size are very important. A lot of the in state players assumed that UT would automatically wait on them because they were "blue chips" and would make them top priorities. One thing stuck out....not many "leaders" and questionable attitudes.

Just a little of what I was told.

Didn't Caleb say they are using their measurements as well? As in Wingspan, flexibility, etc. To include how their body functions as a whole like hips, burst speed, etc.?

bUTch supposedly built a wall around Tennessee:

(1) Daniel Bituli, (2) Josh Malone (3) Hurd (4) Todd Kelly Jr. (5) D. Barnett (6) Charles Mosely (7) R Gaulden (8) Wharton (9) Jashon Robertson (10) Aaron Medley (11) Drew Richmond (12) Kyle Phillips (13) Jack Jones (14) J Jennings (15) Justin Martin (16) Zack Stewart (17) Lovingood (18) Trevor Daniel (19) Colton Jumper (20) Ryan Johnson (21) Austin Pope (22) Trey Smith (23) Malik Gray (24) Ty Chandler (25) Bumphus (26) Colbert (27) Fant (28) Theo Jackson

And missed on some big ones.... Master Teague..... Tee Higgins to name a few.

And missed on some big ones.... Master Teague..... Tee Higgins to name a few.

Tee, yes. But u really can't count Teague, since Butch was fired before both signing periods, although he was more or less an OSU lock, before the firing

"Because of that, I think you've got a group of guys that they're guys that fit, and if anything, they will outplay their ranking as opposed to underperforming their ranking, which is sort of what we were used to seeing under Butch Jones."

All this trolling just to ignore the very last line of the article.

We have a lot of in state talent this year. Deep class. Doubt we are passing on the majority of them

Looks like someone isnt in the recruiting forum frequently... come on over and catch up before you spew this nonsense.

Looks like someone isnt in the recruiting forum frequently... come on over and catch up before you spew this nonsense.

So kids signing with elite schools, who’ve visited our school, we had no interest in? Seems like an odd argument

So kids signing with elite schools, who’ve visited our school, we had no interest in? Seems like an odd argument

Like I said, go back and read. It will all make sense. We only missed on Norton and Patterson. Maybe zion, depends on who you talk to. Everyone else was passed on.

They’ve been very clear about the ones we really wanted that CHOSE to go elsewhere: e,g., Norton, Hampton, Patterson.

There are other highly ranked prospects (by Rivals) that we certainly PASSED on that will still land at good schools: e.g., Woodi, Wilhoite, Anderson, Otey, etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Go after the best kids you can find, with gusto, irrespective of where they hail from. Supplement that with those diamonds in the rough, or hidden gems, found all over the country.

VN Store

Back