CJH show

You’ve been a complete clown the last 2 days and adversarial to the players and program for ***** and giggles.
You're right. I thought we were gonna steam roll uf and our lack of focus, preparation, execution, and generally looking like the teams we hate got me in a frustrated place that i took out on our team, coaches, and other posters.

I do expect for players not to get themselves suspended in season. I do expect to not call a timeout with 8 seconds left in a 2 score game. I think it shows a momentary lack of sportsmanship. I do expect to not hit a qb in the process of kneeling when the game is over. It shows a lack of discipline. I'm sure OT was frustrated and he did try to pull up, but it was frustrating that it just summed up a lot of undisciplined play all night. I want our team to represent the T better. But I haven't done a very good job doing that either since last night.

I appreciate you calling me out on it. Ready to move on to UTSA. Expecting a hard week of practice and a big response from our team.

You're right. I thought we were gonna steam roll uf and our lack of focus, preparation, execution, and generally looking like the teams we hate got me in a frustrated place that i took out on our team, coaches, and other posters.

I do expect for players not to get themselves suspended in season. I do expect to not call a timeout with 8 seconds left in a 2 score game. I think it shows a momentary lack of sportsmanship. I do expect to not hit a qb in the process of kneeling when the game is over. It shows a lack of discipline. I'm sure OT was frustrated and he did try to pull up, but it was frustrating that it just summed up a lot of undisciplined play all night. I want our team to represent the T better. But I haven't done a very good job doing that either since last night.

I appreciate you calling me out on it. Ready to move on to UTSA. Expecting a hard week of practice and a big response from our team.
And Napier took a TO with 14 seconds left after 2nd down. I’m sure Heup was a little peeved/motivated by that. The clock could’ve been run out well before Heup’s TO and well before the last play happened. UF acted like the feces they are and as a result their QB got hit and they may have some suspensions coming their way. The staffer who threw Norman-Lott down should be suspended a game at minimum; you don’t lay hands on the other team’s players as a coach IMO and you sure as hell don’t suplex a kid. Talk about maturity and sportsmanship that “adult” has nada.

And Napier took a TO with 14 seconds left after 2nd down. I’m sure Heup was a little peeved/motivated by that. The clock could’ve been run out well before Heup’s TO and well before the last play happened. UF acted like the feces they are and as a result their QB got hit and they may have some suspensions coming their way. The staffer who threw Norman-Lott down should be suspended a game at minimum; you don’t lay hands on the other team’s players as a coach IMO and you sure as hell don’t suplex a kid. Talk about maturity and sportsmanship that “adult” has nada.
I agree with all you say here. I don't ever want our Vols to resemble the gatas. I didn't watch the fight in detail enough to see their staffer put hands on Norman-Lott. Really that should be grounds for dismissal, but I wouldn't expect uf to do anything. It's one thing to separate kids, but never to act aggressive with them. We've had a lot of fights between teams I coach, and our job is to get in between guys, not throw them around. That's pitiful behavior from uf. You're right. No maturity or leadership at all.

I guess that players only meeting after the pathetic Austin Peay game didn’t amount to anything,

No more talk. The coaching is unacceptable when we can’t seem to avoid collapsing when the pressure is on. This team is either untalented or it’s poorly coached . . . Maybe both. Whatever is going on isn’t working. Period.

This “Swamp Curse” is a product of a loser mentality and a lack of toughness. The South Carolina game last year doesn’t seem like such an anomaly. Looks like we can count on at least 1-2 of those types of performance es a year. Maybe more.
I mean, even if we have 3 of these a year...sure beats stressing every year over which 6 wins can we cobble together to get to the Music City Bowl. We would all love to have last year every year, but I'll take an 8 or 9 win season as a down year over what we just went through.

I mean, even if we have 3 of these a year...sure beats stressing every year over which 6 wins can we cobble together to get to the Music City Bowl. We would all love to have last year every year, but I'll take an 8 or 9 win season as a down year over what we just went through.

A sound frame of mind to have. Can’t argue with it too much.

But letting big opportunities slip away nearly every single time one presents itself is difficult to keep swallowing.

After enduring 15-20 years ineptitude, I guess I was just hoping for more. Maybe this is as good as it gets for us. I’m just tired as a fan. I guess I’ll regain my energy because I love Tennessee . . . It is just hard watching the same movie over and over and trying to expect a better outcome.

CJH said on his show that “great locker rooms come from within it’s not just coach driven”.
Also he said, “guys that display the right things have got to demand it of the guys that are around them”. This could come from veterans as well as younger guys growing into that roll he added.
He elaborated a little more but what I took from it was we needed to improve our locker room culture if we expect to win consistently. That’s pretty much what he said.
It came after the Wesley Walker segment.
Does “great locker rooms” call run on 3rd and 20?

But it does start with you coach.
After an embarrassing loss such as this, a coach has the opportunity to step up and display leadership. Certainly what he said was true, but was it locker room culture that had coach running the clock before halftime down two scores? Was it culture that prevented them from being unable to trust Milt to throw intermed and deep middle? He had a chance to step up and own this outcome. He largely did not. Almost all his talk was players this and culture that. Im just a bit disappointed. That team appeared uninterested in being there. And that is coaches job 1.

No player leadership, sounds like.

I hope we don't have a Jeremy Banks 2.0 in Hadden. Team leader may need to
have a personal "sit-down" with him. Throwing punches? C'mon.

After an embarrassing loss such as this, a coach has the opportunity to step up and display leadership. Certainly what he said was true, but was it locker room culture that had coach running the clock before halftime down two scores? Was it culture that prevented them from being unable to trust Milt to throw intermed and deep middle? He had a chance to step up and own this outcome. He largely did not. Almost all his talk was players this and culture that. Im just a bit disappointed. That team appeared uninterested in being there. And that is coaches job 1.
Exactly. I’m a little concerned about his lack of taking on responsibility for that debacle.

Your not back until you go 2-3 yrs 10-2 or better. Until then your that 1 good year every 4 yrs. Hopefully they come together and kick some azz. If not we go 8-4

I think he’s coaching by making the statement. I didn’t see it, but I heard Joe was cracking jokes on the sidelines in the second half. That’s not demanding success and accountability, if that really happened.
Yeah I’m not fond of joes too cool for school nothing bothers me attitude. He needs to be calling out his OL for the crap job they’re doing both before and after the snap, leading and invigorating those around him. And Huepel/Hazle need to be unleashing Milton and the offense. A couple mistakes will be made but it can’t be worse than this, handcuffing the team from making the explosive plays that help make everything easier, to avoid mistakes, has not looked good on them.

VN Store

Back