CJH show

Alto1

A VOL LEGEND!! DALE JONES
CJH said on his show that “great locker rooms come from within it’s not just coach driven”.
Also he said, “guys that display the right things have got to demand it of the guys that are around them”. This could come from veterans as well as younger guys growing into that roll he added.
He elaborated a little more but what I took from it was we needed to improve our locker room culture if we expect to win consistently. That’s pretty much what he said.
It came after the Wesley Walker segment.

CJH said on his show that “great locker rooms come from within it’s not just coach driven”.
Also he said, “guys that display the right things have got to demand it of the guys that are around them”. This could come from veterans as well as younger guys growing into that roll he added.
He elaborated a little more but what I took from it was we needed to improve our locker room culture if we expect to win consistently. That’s pretty much what he said.
And he would be 💯 correct

Wonder why our starting DB didn’t play? Most coaches wouldn’t pull a starter for an important game, esp your best corner.

I guess that players only meeting after the pathetic Austin Peay game didn’t amount to anything,

No more talk. The coaching is unacceptable when we can’t seem to avoid collapsing when the pressure is on. This team is either untalented or it’s poorly coached . . . Maybe both. Whatever is going on isn’t working. Period.

This “Swamp Curse” is a product of a loser mentality and a lack of toughness. The South Carolina game last year doesn’t seem like such an anomaly. Looks like we can count on at least 1-2 of those types of performance es a year. Maybe more.

"Players' fault. Not on me."

C'mon coach, be better than that.

Seriously thats not what that says. Lol jesus another whiner. We lost we have a lot to improve on thats for sure. But making our kids out to be thugs in multiple threads is total bs. This take above is also just that horse sh1t. Heupel is genuine and hes actually speaking truth. These guys have to want it and take pride in playing here and winning. What he's actually saying is our leaders have to step up out on the field and demand better. Milton etc. Jesus give it a rest

Seriously thats not what that says. Lol jesus another whiner. We lost we have a lot to improve on thats for sure. But making our kids out to be thugs in multiple threads is total bs. This take above is also just that horse sh1t. Heupel is genuine and hes actually speaking truth. These guys have to want it and take pride in playing here and winning. What he's actually saying is our leaders have to step up out on the field and demand better. Milton etc. Jesus give it a rest
This is the opposite of making our players out to be thugs. I'm saying Heup needs to take some responsibility on our lack of culture and accountability. He could say ' We coaches have to do a better job of developing our culture AND our players have to step up too.' What he said can be true and he can do better than looking like he's throwing the players under the bus.

Not sure a coach is doing much to build the culture of the team when he takes little responsibility for said culture. That's not leadership.

Reactions: Tnslim1

Sometimes it is the players fault. Just like work environments in the real world..you can give people the recipe and coach them up but in the end they have to execute. You can't do it for them (or you'll be a micromanager)..

I think he’s coaching by making the statement. I didn’t see it, but I heard Joe was cracking jokes on the sidelines in the second half. That’s not demanding success and accountability, if that really happened.

This is one thing I will say about Hendon. He was the undeniable leader and he demanded perfection and inevitably made his teammates better.
That's what the qb position is all about
Look at uga and bama as two prime examples
Doesn't matter if you're God's gift athletically, if no one follows or you're too big of a pu$$y to get in someone's face, you'll suck as a qb

I can think of 30 better athletes at qb position than Brady, but his leadership is the standard. That's why they won. Same w hooker

Flip side is true too. If you can't handle a leader getting in your face, then just quit and go play intramural

That's why South Carolina won't win anything. They have really good players but won't matter ultimately

Florida has average at best players and their 2nd best player was hurt last night. But they believe in and follow Mertz so they'll turn out decent in the end

Reactions: Vol865
Like CJH, but I completely disagree. Leadership starts from the top down. Coaches set the tone (Saban and Sanders come to mind). Sounds like CJH wants to deal only in X’s and O’s and not the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s.

Like CJH, but I completely disagree. Leadership starts from the top down. Coaches set the tone (Saban and Sanders come to mind). Sounds like CJH wants to deal only in X’s and O’s and not the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s.

This. Great Generals are not defined by the troops they commanded, but by how they commanded their troops.

William Tecumseh Sherman and George Smith Patton, Jr. come to mind as good examples.

And then there's this guy named Neyland...

Go Vols.

Ever notice there are plenty of books about being a good leader, but none on being a good follower? Ever wonder why?

VN Store

Back