Chris Darrington Transferring

I'm not sure Kent is someone to count on for big minutes next year. Not only is there questions about his post defense, but he also struggled rebounding in the videos I saw.

Good luck to him. Now bring in an athletic five after we get a point.

That would be sweet. I hope this situation is Barnes seeing what he's about to upgrade to. We could make a run next year with 2 talented FR gelling into this group.

God speed to you Chris. Thx for your commitment.

Reactions: 1 person
Best wishes to you Chris Darrington and thank you for your service. Be blessed. We all wish you only the best going forward.

I like Walker but I’m not sure he has the same level of ability as Alexander has as a rim protector, and this defense really depends on having someone back there that can defend the rim.
I don't have the data to support my impression, but didn't Alexander have a good many games where he played under 20 minutes? I don't recall our defense tanking whenever he was out of the games. Rim protectors are nice for sure, but maybe there's way to coach around not having one in the game?

I don't have the data to support my impression, but didn't Alexander have a good many games where he played under 20 minutes? I don't recall our defense tanking whenever he was out of the games. Rim protectors are nice for sure, but maybe there's way to coach around not having one in the game?

When KA played 23 > minutes: 12-2
When KA played < 22 minutes: 14-7

We obviously still won ball games where he wasn’t a huge factor(sign of a good team), but we were at our best when he was engaged and giving us good minutes. I’ve mentioned it a few times but Alexander is a guy that I look at who can make a big jump, for various reasons his mpg is around 20, if he can be a 26-28mpg player we are a much better team.

Last edited:
Good article talking about Chris’ departure and the ups and downs he had this past season.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/mens-basketball/2018/04/06/tennessee-vols-basketball-chris-darrington-transfer-toledo-vincennes-university/483878002/

VN Store

Back