Chris Darrington Transferring

bleedingTNorange

Interested to see where staff goes with 2nd scholarship...

Obviously they want a PG, preferably HS but if they can’t do that will take graduate transfer PG.

Then where? Best available? I wouldn’t mind taking a 6’10”+ athletic big man that maybe needs a redshirt year, or a similar type who’s a transfer who would have to sit out.

Dallasbowlin

Would be awesome if dj burns could re-classify. No chance of that happening, though I don’t think, so yeah PG is definitely the 1st choice. Grad transfer or freshman.

bleedingTNorange

Would be awesome if dj burns could re-classify. No chance of that happening, though I don’t think, so yeah PG is definitely the 1st choice. Grad transfer or freshman.
I’m not really interested in Burns re-classifying, not that it’s an option anyhow. He needs another year to get into better shape, and I don’t see him getting many minutes on next years roster, would be a waste imo.

Dallasbowlin

Would be good as far as getting his feet wet. But you’re right. It’s not an option and he wouldn’t contribute much. Would probaly just be a waste.

bleedingTNorange

Would be good as far as getting his feet wet. But you’re right. It’s not an option and he wouldn’t contribute much. Would probaly just be a waste.
The plus is he’d be in the system for a year so may be more ready to contribute the following season when Alexander is gone but then the big men are all kinda clumped into the same classes.

beachvol23

Not a surprise, however with all of his circumstances, it will help him to go somewhere else where he can play more and start over with everything! Clearly, losing his best friend was traumatic. Best wishes to him!

zjcvols

GROWN ASS MAN
Staff member
The plus is he’d be in the system for a year so may be more ready to contribute the following season when Alexander is gone but then the big men are all kinda clumped into the same classes.
I would take a project big that could potentially be a rim protector. Assuming we grab a frosh PG. If UT grabs a grad transfer guard, they should still take one freshman PG to groom over the next two years

bleedingTNorange

I would take a project big that could potentially be a rim protector. Assuming we grab a frosh PG. If UT grabs a grad transfer guard, they should still take one freshman PG to groom over the next two years
I agree with this stance, pretty much where I’m at as well.

The big man that de-committed from MTSU is someone I would look at, 6’11” 235lbs...had a pretty nice offer list as well. Could bring him in and redshirt him if you felt he needed it, would provide a good replacement for Alexander. I like Walker but I’m not sure he has the same level of ability as Alexander has as a rim protector, and this defense really depends on having someone back there that can defend the rim.

jarnol32

I agree with this stance, pretty much where I’m at as well.

The big man that de-committed from MTSU is someone I would look at, 6’11” 235lbs...had a pretty nice offer list as well. Could bring him in and redshirt him if you felt he needed it, would provide a good replacement for Alexander. I like Walker but I’m not sure he has the same level of ability as Alexander has as a rim protector, and this defense really depends on having someone back there that can defend the rim.
I think Zach Kent will get some minutes behind Alexander this year. He’s 6-10 so he should be a better option to protect the rim than walker. I like walker better at pf backing up grant Williams.

bleedingTNorange

I think Zach Kent will get some minutes behind Alexander this year. He’s 6-10 so he should be a better option to protect the rim than walker. I like walker better at pf backing up grant Williams.
I agree on the surface but that’s gonna mean Kent can guard opposing 5’s and that’s why I’m unsure about

VN Store

Sponsors