Choose Holly Or A Rock To Coach Your Daughter

I predict that if the present coaching staff is retained, making the top 25 list again will be considered an achievement. Well, it is if you're Middle Tennessee or Western Kentucky, or not long from now, the Lady Vols.

15-10 with 7 Parade AA's, yet, no incoming commitments for 2016. The wins coming on talent alone. Not winning a single game due to on court coaching decisions or system. Setting records for program futility. Misrepresentations and doofus comments in pressers and media interviews. Even with all that there are actually people defending HW just like some did Fulmer and Dools. They are not LV fans if they find any of that acceptable.

For this to not be like the football program collapse there must be a change made at the end of the season. If she gets another year they are done.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, Diamond's father is not happy and he is letting it be known on Twitter.

A few weeks ago, I though that the A.D. would give HOlly one last season to prove herself, but now I am sure that she will be fired at the conclusion of this season.
Things like this will really hurt our recruiting process. Athlete's considering us or Notre Dame, South Carolina, etc. will think that their skills won't improve and that Holly will be gone soon, so they will likely go elsewhere.
Hart needs to give her the walking papers after the S.E.C. tourney.
Hope he has already put feelers out there to see who might be interested in the job.

I hope it is Diamond...aka, the human turnover

You are out of your mind.....if you go back and look at her "turnovers last nite ,all were right in the hands of our stone handed players.......you have to very carefully place the ball in Mercedes hands at the right speed and height for her to be able to catch the ball .....and even then she will bring the ball down and it results in a turnover.Two of the turnovers were to players right under the basket and they fumbled it out of bounds.

IMO she is the only player on the whole damn team that can create her own shot in the offense that Holly plays against the zone.Often she is the last one to touch the ball after the guards dribble the ball for the entire shot clock staring the post down and she has to try to bail them out with a desperation shot.

She is the best offensive weapon on the team and is not used properly or enough......if she had been she could have put this team on her back and they would only have three losses.But that is coaching against the zone.

But back to your transferring point,I would expect several transfers this year leaving the cupboard dry .....and if I were Deshields,I would be one of those transfers because her talents have been totally squandered this year and will not be used appropriately in the future with Holly Warlick as coach.

A few weeks ago, I though that the A.D. would give HOlly one last season to prove herself, but now I am sure that she will be fired at the conclusion of this season.
Things like this will really hurt our recruiting process. Athlete's considering us or Notre Dame, South Carolina, etc. will think that their skills won't improve and that Holly will be gone soon, so they will likely go elsewhere.
Hope he has already put feelers out there to see who might be interested in the job.

That was a fake account,ie ,it was not Deshields' father .However ,whoever it was ,he was right on target.

He will not fire her. But Holly cannot lose Diamond. She just can't. She should have a meeting setup this AM to air it all out. If she loses Diamond, she loses Cooper and then she is going to lose the media cycle. East Tennessee may rally around her. The rest of the nation will not.

Perhaps we are watching the game with our own spectacles. What I have observed this year is a disgrace. After seeing them in person earlier this season, I will not waste my time and money attending until Holly is gone. Ready for Lady Vols Softball!!

Here. here. Apparently you have to vote with your pocketbook to get action.

Don't be deceived by Holly's record. Tennessee out talent a lot of teams. When the pressure turned up the Lady Vols folded. Tennessee should of been in the Final Four the last 2 or 3 seasons, but lost to less talented teams. Scoring 48 points in the Elite 8 last season was an embarrassment and should of motivated Holly to fix this offense this off-season, but she did nothing. If she is fired, let's see what big name schools go after her.

She can join Fulmer on the also-ran (off) list. No one will hire her to coach. It is glaring.

He will not fire her. But Holly cannot lose Diamond. She just can't. She should have a meeting setup this AM to air it all out. If she loses Diamond, she loses Cooper and then she is going to lose the media cycle. East Tennessee may rally around her. The rest of the nation will not.

If Diamond walked, and assuming Cooper follows, then Nared and Russell would be stupid not to immediately hand in their notices as well.

A team of Middleton, Carter, Jackson, Reynolds, Dunbar and whatever JC/walkons Holly can beg to join will not be worrying any Div I teams very much.

Would submit a pebble would be even better because it could be kicked to the sideline with much more ease and less pain.

Listen to Warlick's presser after the game: she was PLEASED with the Vol performance. She liked that we competed--it would be pretty bad if we didn't do that. Liked that we were in it for most of of the game. Was not concerned about our low scoring! Laughable! She never is! She absolutely does not get that our crap offense is the reason we lose. She mentioned the 18 TOs as being the difference in the game, which they were--but sort of acted like this was something new and not a problem that we have, oh, EVERY FREAKIN" GAME. Said the team needs to work on reducing TOs. Yes, I'm sure that will happen any year now. When you start talking about how pleased you are with a loss, you are making it acceptable to lose.

(On low scoring game)

Warlick: "Well, regardless of that, I thought we were in the game. We held one of their best players to no points. Then, with A'ja Wilson, we did what we could. She's a great player.

"I thought we were solid.
I was really pleased with our scoring. [This is alarming and indicative that she doesn't get it now and never will. Your team had scored just 45 points with 62 seconds left in the game and you end up with 56 points, and you're happy with that? Would any other coach in America bask in the glory of 56 whole points after a loss?]

"I thought we got to the free throw line the most we've gotten all year. [actually, the 6th most] So, should we have shot the ball better? Absolutely, we need to shoot the ball. We've got to hit outside shots to loosen the defense inside. I thought we played hard, and we competed. We clean up the turnovers and we're in business. The margin for error against South Carolina is really small, and we just didn't take care of the basketball."

Well, Diamond's father is not happy and he is letting it be known on Twitter.

If you were a parent, of a current player on the LV team, would you be happy with the turn of events? Would you be happy with the fact that your daughter is playing with several McD AA's and, as a group, they play like a team with zero McD AA's, or even worse? Would you be happy with your daughter playing for a coach who has recruiting issues? Would you be happy with a clueless coach coaching your McD AA daughter? If you had known all this in hind site would you have encouraged your daughter to go to UT? Be honest, what we have here is a program that if not already derailed, it is barely on the tracks. The light at the end of the tunnel is starting to darken. We need a bright light and Holly is not it.

Reactions: 1 person
The margin of error against SC is really small? UConn has them by 22 after three quarters at their place. I don't think they thought the margin of error was small.

A couple of observations after seeing the game from one of the fancy box suites upstairs (a first!):

(1) Re: Holly's demeanor.

On at least two (possibly three) occasions in first half, we watched as our ballhandler bringing the ball up turned to bench to get instructions from Holly. CHW never saw them since she was strolling toward scorers' table with arms crossed, staring at her shoes. One girl (Cooper?) even waved her hand trying to get CHW's attention before giving up in frustration...and CHW later had to call one player back to get instructions which should have been given earlier. Usually it's the other way around...the coach is trying to get the player's attention.

You're in a game against the top-ranked SEC team & #2 overall team in the country, and you're not focused??? In my small coaching experience (and comparing notes with other coaches), I know how easy it is to get tunnel vision and block everything else out other than what's happening on the court. In Holly's case, it seems the opposite. And she spends an awful lot of time turning to the scorer's table to check out a sheet of paper (foul stats? crib notes?). I thought that was what assistants were for.

(2) Re: Usage of timeouts.

In the recent past, CHW has acknowledged that she sometimes hung onto her time outs too long. Last night the game was close until SC started to pull away...and we thought it was the perfect time to regroup, slow SC momentum, and get a breather. Instead, we commit another turnover & SC scores again, increasing their margin. Sure, it's nice to have a TO in your pocket for the end of the game, but if you let the game get out of reach, what good do time outs do? Sometimes you have to roll the dice & burn one. Poor use of time outs has been a pattern in some close, winnable games this season.

(3) Re: Dribbling & horrible shot selection.

There is no excuse for one player to perform a ball handling drill all over the floor for an entire shot clock and then throw up a puny shot (blocked) as time expires. Likewise, there is no excuse for some of the backward flip shots that look like a game of horse unless you're being fouled and hope for a two-shot attempt. It looks worse than "not coached"...it gives the impression that the shooter really doesn't care much about winning (or finding open teammates).

(4) Lack of knowing teammates' abilities...or ignoring teammates entirely.

There were several occasions in which bullet passes were made that looked pretty much uncatchable from our vantage point. It doesn't do any good to find an open teammate if the pass is too hard to handle. One can argue that it's the fault of the receiver, but players need to know their teammates capability and adjust accordingly.
Similarly, when a 3-point shooter sets a pick for you & then rolls to the open area just behind the line when the guard switches onto you, you're supposed to reverse the ball back to your open teammate rather than drive into packed lane coverage. Not only is it poor shot selection, it also discourages teammates from setting screens & picks, and eventually everyone just stands around hoping for a long rebound since that's about the only way they'll touch the ball on offense.

Reactions: 3 people
Wow the hate on this forum for a woman that is a LVFL and has dedicated her whole coaching career to UT

.... and made a TON of money doing so. There wouldn't be hatin' going on if the whistler could properly coach basketball. She is a joke for a coach and is running the ship aground. She needs to go back to the assistant ranks or coach at Washburn.

15-10 with 7 Parade AA's, yet, no incoming commitments for 2016. The wins coming on talent alone. Not winning a single game due to on court coaching decisions or system. Setting records for program futility. Misrepresentations and doofus comments in pressers and media interviews. Even with all that there are actually people defending HW just like some did Fulmer and Dools. They are not LV fans if they find any of that acceptable.

For this to not be like the football program collapse there must be a change made at the end of the season. If she gets another year they are done.

Fantastic post. I'm actually sick to my gut with what happened last night. To your point anymore accusingly realistic fan of not liking Holly is the most ridiculous comments ever. Frankly those fans need to get thier heads checked to believe that what is going on with this program is acceptable is beyond crazy.

From the sorry presser, interviews, to bad recruiting, to lack of basic team fundermentals, in gam adjustments, coaching accountabilities, and on and on, and for anyone to accept this efforts, well sorry you need to leave town with Holly and the entire staff. That to me is the true definition of insanity. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

I'll take the rock. Its contract would be minimal and you would still get the same results as you're getting with HW. It's a win-win.

Reactions: 1 person

Yep

VN Store

Back