Chip Kelly new Eagles coach

Yeah, I wonder what the recruits are thinking this close to signing day. Not that any of those kids are on our radar, but I'm sure the PAC 12 schools are pretty happy.

For the record, I don't think this will have any impact on us playing them AT ALL next year. I fully expect Oregon to simply promote their OC to HC. They have a system that works, and have the players to do it. I don't think they miss a beat. JMO. But, if they do mess up a bit, it'll just reveal how pivotal to that offense that Kelly was just by himself.

This is in no way a positive for Oregon. The only way we could register the impact on the UT game would be to play two games, one with Kelly and one without - and that still wouldn't be conclusive. A positive for everyone who has to play them because we know Oregon isn't going to get a "better" coach. The best they can hope for is to mitigate the damages.

I mean this in the right way but given our current talent UO could sleep walk into a 10-2 season this year. Which may be likely. The future is a bit less clear however in regards to recruits. As good as Kelly was we still had issues getting recruits to UO (hence the uni's and $25K checks).

Talented?? U all r just now starting to recruit decently.. Oregon wins because of their system, not because they just out-talent other teams like bama/lsu.. Lol I'm so glad Oregon is about to come back down to earth.. They don't belong up there where they've been the last few seasons.

Reactions: 2 people
I mean this in the right way but given our current talent UO could sleep walk into a 10-2 season this year. Which may be likely. The future is a bit less clear however in regards to recruits. As good as Kelly was we still had issues getting recruits to UO (hence the uni's and $25K checks).

I don't know man. UCLA and Washington are up and coming teams. Stanford will be tough to beat under Shaw. And like or not, Kiffin still has insane talent out in SoCal. And watch out for Rich Rod out in Arizona.

Reactions: 2 people
No he's not. He's inheriting the worst coached defense in UT history.

It is the worst in every measurable aspect. Coaching is part of it but we don't have a single pass-rusher that demands attention and we lack speed that has always been a trait of our defenses. I believe coaching was most of our problem but from a talent (game-changers) standpoint it was historically poor.

Could Chip Kelly or the eagles not wait a couple of weeks on the decision? Crippling timing here. I hope we circle with the rest of the vultures and poach some talent.

It is the worst in every measurable aspect. Coaching is part of it but we don't have a single pass-rusher that demands attention and we lack speed that has always been a trait of our defenses. I believe coaching was most of our problem but from a talent (game-changers) standpoint it was historically poor.

I believe majority of it was coaching. The 2011 defense was ranked 27th nationally. Who did we have in 2011 that would be considered playmakers?

Only difference was scheme and coaching.

Could Chip Kelly or the eagles not wait a couple of weeks on the decision? Crippling timing here. I hope we circle with the rest of the vultures and poach some talent.

With the way Jones have been recruiting (non-stop it seems) I am sure he is checking into it. Would be nice to get one of the RB's.

I believe majority of it was coaching. The 2011 defense was ranked 27th nationally. Who did we have in 2011 that would be considered playmakers?

Only difference was scheme and coaching.

I think jackson was the only major contributor we lost.. But we gained a lot of talent and depth and the defense still got worse for some reason.. Can't be anything other than coaching..

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas-meme.jpeg

Their Offensive coordinator will be taking over as Head coach. He has no head coaching experience, however they are at home, and they still will be a top 10 team. So we'll see.

Sounds like Kelly did to the ducks, what Sabon did to Miami.can you believe what any coaches say about their future at their job? Money talks..

For the record, I don't think this will have any impact on us playing them AT ALL next year. I fully expect Oregon to simply promote their OC to HC. They have a system that works, and have the players to do it. I don't think they miss a beat. JMO. But, if they do mess up a bit, it'll just reveal how pivotal to that offense that Kelly was just by himself.

Yea, I didn't see where his players were following him. They're LOADED with talent. Still beatable but it'll take a monumental effort.

Talented?? U all r just now starting to recruit decently.. Oregon wins because of their system, not because they just out-talent other teams like bama/lsu.. Lol I'm so glad Oregon is about to come back down to earth.. They don't belong up there where they've been the last few seasons.

Who said that Oregon is coming to Earth?!?! Their HC got hired by a pro team. They're still backed by Nike for Christ sake! They'll get another very good HC.

Yea, I didn't see where his players were following him. They're LOADED with talent. Still beatable but it'll take a monumental effort.

According to Rivals, they have decent talent, but nothing that would lead you to believe they are winning games on talent alone.
2010 13th
2011 9th
2012 16th
2013 44th

Dooley recruited similarly during his tenure for the Vols from 2010-2012. Difference is that Chip Kelly can coach a lot better than most of the coaches in the nation, which is why he is about to make bank in the NFL.

VN Store

Back