Chip Kelly new Eagles coach

this will certainly hurt Oregon moving forward, and gives us a better shot. However, us with a new coach and scheme playing on the west coast is too much to make up and we'll still lose this game. However, I'll be there, so I'll be hoping for a HUGE upset.

We need to go after their recruits, starting with the 5* running back they have that knows A Sanders and was interested in UT.

Reactions: 2 people
I say good riddance. His indecision has been painful to watch. He leaves, then says I'm staying only to leave again? Bye bye.

We're screwed. About time I guess. Pending sanctions, recruits will drop like flies, and our OC is not HC material imo. But he will most likely be the next HC. Peterson is a different scheme all together and I can't see that hire.

For the record, I don't think this will have any impact on us playing them AT ALL next year. I fully expect Oregon to simply promote their OC to HC. They have a system that works, and have the players to do it. I don't think they miss a beat. JMO. But, if they do mess up a bit, it'll just reveal how pivotal to that offense that Kelly was just by himself.

I heard he quit because he wanted no part of Butch Jones. That is what I heard.

Reactions: 6 people
I say good riddance. His indecision has been painful to watch. He leaves, then says I'm staying only to leave again? Bye bye.

We're screwed. About time I guess. Pending sanctions, recruits will drop like flies, and our OC is not HC material imo. But he will most likely be the next HC. Peterson is a different scheme all together and I can't see that hire.

You really think y'all are screwed?? This may hurt y'all this year but I wouldn't say screwed. Now if the NCAA drops a bomb on you then I would say you are screwed.

I would think Petersen from Boise would make the most sense. I don't think they could match what Oregon's main benefactor could put on the table. Not to mention, geographically wouldn't have to move across the country.

I read a few weeks ago where Phil Knight likes the OC. So, sounds like he is the man. Actually, except for one game next year, I like the Ducks! I hope they continue to do well!

You really think y'all are screwed?? This may hurt y'all this year but I wouldn't say screwed. Now if the NCAA drops a bomb on you then I would say you are screwed.
The fact of the matter is our OC came from Colorado with zero spread or zone read experience. I read Chip wanted a guy that would bring a fresh look to the spread and not be a yes man. Well he was a yes man as Chip called all the plays, wrote the play book, ran the practice. The OC during game time was nothing more than eyes for the defensive schemes.

We have some stud RB recruits coming in this year. We'll see if they stay. That concerns me most.

The fact of the matter is our OC came from Colorado with zero spread or zone read experience. I read Chip wanted a guy that would bring a fresh look to the spread and not be a yes man. Well he was a yes man as Chip called all the plays, wrote the play book, ran the practice. The OC during game time was nothing more than eyes for the defensive schemes.

We have some stud RB recruits coming in this year. We'll see if they stay. That concerns me most.

Thanks for the info. I don't know enough about the program to say anything for sure. :good!:

I'm sure he jumped at the pay raise. I wouldn't say Oregon was Kiff'd though, he left the program when it was still on top. Very lucrative program for top coaches.

Good luck ducks, we are very familiar with HC changes. :hi: :yes:

For the record, I don't think this will have any impact on us playing them AT ALL next year. I fully expect Oregon to simply promote their OC to HC. They have a system that works, and have the players to do it. I don't think they miss a beat. JMO. But, if they do mess up a bit, it'll just reveal how pivotal to that offense that Kelly was just by himself.

+++see John L Smith replacing Petrino.......

I wish that scum would've taken us to a NC and 3 other BCS bowls before high tailing it outta here.

Wow, if he can't do it at USC with five stars and PAC 12 schedule, you must be on drugs to think he's good enough to do it here

The only thing that matters to me on this is if we could get in on any Oregon recruits. It won't have any effect on the game.

You and I and millions more ! But really there isn't much more for him to accomplish at this level.

saban visited Von Bell on the 14th or 15th of Jan.

What a bastard for visiting bell. makes me think of the story of David and bashiba(spelling). What does Saban care...I think he's answering to another biblical figure!

VN Store

Back