Charlton Warren hired as DB coach

What he is saying is we would like to move on from the 2016 season. It is almost impossible to do when every single thread has the same "we blew the SEC east" and "we lost to USC and Vandy" comments no matter what the thead is about.

Irrelevant anyway since this must be fake news. I have been told by many on here that CBJ only hires his pals so the hirings he has made the last two years must be fake news.

I was just shocked to find out how much power sjt has over the program. I didn't realize they would be out of the hole by now if sjt would simply stop bringing it up.

Reactions: 1 person
I was just shocked to find out how much power sjt has over the program. I didn't realize they would be out of the hole by now if sjt would simply stop bringing it up.

Yeah that comment was poorly worded. It would be nice if the vocal minority on here would start lookimg forward to 2017 but them seem to be stuck in 2016 and will probably be there for until kick off, if not longer.

Reactions: 10 people
Honest question....Has Martinez ever gotten it done anywhere?????

My personal bias is showing.....just very glad that the 2 UGA rejects are gone now! :salute:

Wasn't particularly bad in 2014 and 2015 imo. We seemed to have regressed significantly last year compared to the two previous seasons. Numbers bear that out as well...

Passing defense rank in SEC-
2014- 4th, 196 yards allowed per game.
2015- 8th, 210 yards allowed per game
2016- 10th, 231 yards allowed per game

And obviously, per the eye test beyond numbers, our DB fundamentals across the board was worse in 2016 than anytime the 2 previous seasons imo.

Anywho, glad to see a change either way. Hope this guy is good and works well with Shoop

Last edited:
I heard about the hire on my headset while I was on the treadmill. None of the announcers on 104.5 had heard of the man, so I did my own quick checking.

STAT LOOK: Comparing UNC's 2016 defense

So we got a middle of the road guy by both national and UNC standards. Yippee! Maybe it's an upgrade over what was there but the needle didn't move.

So your assessment of the man is based on one year of stats? This is why no one takes you seriously.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
One thing is for sure, you don't graduate from the USAFA without having discipline. If he brings that to the table I'd expect huge improvement with the DBs.

Yep. How long will it be before the sparks fly with #8? Should be interesting.

His stats at UNC are average. I didn't make that up. It is what it is. If you don't like it, build a time machine and go back and help his guys hawk a few more balls.:hi:

He turned around the unit a unc, they made a huge turn around there. I see you are the only one moaning about it, everywhere he has been the db's have gotten better. You are basing his body of work on 1 years worth of stats it seems. I'm glad your not choosing our coaches. GBO!!!!

he got any cruits he can bring with him?
likely gonna try to flip mixon from SCe and maybe Gibbs from UGA for starters. I think Cotham from Clearwater who had to decommit from UT then committed to UNC is gonna have to reconsider.....who knows ? just seeing martinez out of here is something I've been longing for and increases my support for CBJ and Shoop.:rock:WGWTFA ! Go Vols

Reactions: 3 people
:rock:Fantastic hire by Coach Butch Jones. I more or less favored Terry Fair, but after looking at the achievements of Charlton Warren the Vols have a winner... The radio guys especially Tim Priest continually complained about the horrible play of our corner backs. This alone may be worth two more wins in 2017. I admire Coach Jone in this hire. Maybe we can expect more soon.

Apparently being considered for DB coach. Could be a good hire.

Reactions: 3 people
I love the hire but I just hope (and I would think) that Shoop had a hand in this hire. We don't need anymore chemistry issues between coaches

Yeah that comment was poorly worded. It would be nice if the vocal minority on here would start lookimg forward to 2017 but them seem to be stuck in 2016 and will probably be there for until kick off, if not longer.

Just wait til before the first game. Appy, SCe and Vandy will be brought up more than you can count. It's just the way it is. You ain't livin' til ya live in the past!! :)

:rock:Fantastic hire by Coach Butch Jones. I more or less favored Terry Fair, but after looking at the achievements of Charlton Warren the Vols have a winner... The radio guys especially Tim Priest continually complained about the horrible play of our corner backs. This alone may be worth two more wins in 2017. I admire Coach Jone in this hire. Maybe we can expect more soon.

The guy has never been fired from a job in his life. I'm hoping that the prospect of that possibility causes a serious of refocus on what it takes to win games in 2017. Honeymoon is over.

VN Store

Back