Changing The Narrative

eVOLve

đźź Put on more steam!
8/14
Additional information about what players are doing to "Change the Narrative"
Cobbservations: Vols have some players 'changing the narrative'

8/7

This is something every man needs to know and live by, including myself. I've personally witnessed my father mistreat my mother when I was a child and I told myself I would never be like that.

I'm glad Pruitt is taking this initiative.

Last edited:

This is something every man needs to know and live by, including myself. I've personally witnessed my father mistreat my mother when I was a child and I told myself I would never be like that.

Super underrated post... post if the year in my book. That’s outstanding.

Super underrated post... post if the year in my book. That’s outstanding.
Her initiative is outstanding for sure. You see all of these news headlines and it makes you wonder why there's no one there teaching these kids. There needs to be more people out there like her to show these young people how to do right.

Lol if you are teaching this to these guys why would you wear spandex pants.... I'm just saying.....

Anyways, it's a good class for them to have but kind of ridiculous that you have to teach kids this nowadays.....

Reactions: savannahfan
Lol if you are teaching this to these guys why would you wear spandex pants.... I'm just saying.....

Anyways, it's a good class for them to have but kind of ridiculous that you have to teach kids this nowadays.....
It's always been an issue. Women used to be afraid to speak out about it.

This is awesome!!! I hope these young men take the opportunity that this University gives them to make their lives better. Good for this staff and administration for looking out for these young men and their future.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I'd be willing to bet these lectures have been going on for many years. Gotta keep preaching the message.

It's always been an issue. Women used to be afraid to speak out about it.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. I was raised in a small town in the South. I was raised to treat everyone the same way to include women. I was raised to say, yes sir and no sir, yes ma'am and no ma'am no matter the age of the person I was talking to.

I was just stating it is sad that you have to teach this to kids today and that they don't get it growing up. I contribute a lot of that to the pop culture of today where sexual things are the norm.

I am glad we are teaching our players this and that Coach Pruitt and Staff are supporting it.

Thanks eVOlve! A very effective presentation to help young men better understand their roles in society. Ms. Baribeau does her presentations from the heart and has positively touched the lives of thousands of young athletes.

Sad state of affairs in American culture when grown men have to be taught how to properly treat a woman
I dont think it's sad. It is better than nobody speaking out at all like back then. You'd be surprised how rough it actually was back then. It just wasnt as publicized like it is now. This is progress in my eyes.

Sad state of affairs in American culture when grown men have to be taught how to properly treat a woman
Sad but true. There have been issues that have been going on for longer than I am old(41). I really like the fact that these universities are investing into these young men’s life for more than football. We don’t want them kicking in doors to rob us just to survive.

Now I just wish someone would teach women how to treat men. They need a little help themselves. I almost lost my left eyeball from domestic abuse. The worst thing is, most people think it's funny or something when a man is abused.

Now I just wish someone would teach women how to treat men. They need a little help themselves. I almost lost my left eyeball from domestic abuse. The worst thing is, most people think it's funny or something when a man is abused.
This is also true. A lot of women out there who take advantage. It's not just men mistreating woman.

Yeah, kinda why I don't like initiatives like this. I don't have a lot of good things to say right now in regards to this. People say that women are afraid to speak up, but you literally see it everywhere in media nowadays. And one utterance of harassment or any other unsubstantiated claim can ruin a man's career and name forever. Women generally only care about women and helping other women. There was even a study done years ago about this. About automatic own group preference and only women showed this bias. All of the women chose other women and the men chose women too. Which says women will fight for the rights of women, and men will more often fight for the rights of everybody. As someone who actually was abused by an ex, I can concur...I was basically just laughed at. Women have always been the protected class, societies depended on it. Don't see men going to women's teams telling them how to treat men. The idea of a men's rights movement is usually just laughed at. At some university there was going to be a men's symposium and they put up flyers around campus, just to find that all the flyers had been ripped down by the end of the day. This is feminism and I don't agree with modern day feminists. They only see their world.

Yeah, kinda why I don't like initiatives like this. I don't have a lot of good things to say right now in regards to this. People say that women are afraid to speak up, but you literally see it everywhere in media nowadays. And one utterance of harassment or any other unsubstantiated claim can ruin a man's career and name forever. Women generally only care about women and helping other women. There was even a study done years ago about this. About automatic own group preference and only women showed this bias. All of the women chose other women and the men chose women too. Which says women will fight for the rights of women, and men will more often fight for the rights of everybody. As someone who actually was abused by an ex, I can concur...I was basically just laughed at. Women have always been the protected class, societies depended on it. Don't see men going to women's teams telling them how to treat men. The idea of a men's rights movement is usually just laughed at. At some university there was going to be a men's symposium and they put up flyers around campus, just to find that all the flyers had been ripped down by the end of the day. This is feminism and I don't agree with modern day feminists. They only see their world.

Listening to the video I don’t believe this is a feminist outlook , she talks about trying to get these young men to be kings ( no feminist would utter those words ) I believe she is trying to teach or in some cases just remind them how to treat women . Both young men and women need this these are still young adults some without a solid base growing up . Stop listening to music that declares women to be b*tches and H*s , get that garbage out of your life , treat people as you want to be treated , you want respect the give respect . I think that’s more the message this is bringing to them . I believe if we starting treating people better regardless of sex, religion or politics we would have a lot less anxiety in today’s world . “ GIGO “ . <- this should be a sign somewhere, so all the kids can see it .

I don't agree that it's not feminism. I think it's more of a stealth campaign. An illusion of purpose. Her purpose really is to talk about women because she was in a domestic abuse case before, but to make sure she brings up a few words like "kings" to get them on board, make them think that she's really concerned about them, when she's really just concerned about how they treat and view women. I was raised to respect women, but when I grew up I saw the reality of it. That men that treat women with respect get stepped all over. I have lots of experience with this, because I was that guy. The girl that abused me got mad at me over me not giving her enough money...only one with a job. She pinned me up against a wall and was slapping and punching me in the face. And when we later broke up, she told my friends that she was only with me because I had a car and some money. That how "kings" get treated. Feel free to disagree, but I think she should stick to broadcasting. If it's so important that both sexes be treated equally, then they would address both women and men...not just men.

Last edited:

What the hell is this supposed to mean? She can wear whatever she wants, no?

VN Store

Back