Chance Hall had surgery

I feel any improvement over 4 wins, which includes 5 and missing a bowl, is an improvement. Literally, it is. Satisfying? Not even close. But it would be moving in the right direction. I reiterate my prediction that 3-4 wins is most likely.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. I obviously disagree with it.

I could do it, almost big enough. Doh......just tore my MCL typing too hard.

I was thinking the same thing, and I'm 63... and the last time I wore shoulder pads my jersey number was 00 because I was a midget kamikaze linebacker in peewee.

Last edited:
Pretty much hasn’t played for the last 2 seasons. I seriously doubt he’ll ever play another down for Tennessee. Hope I’m wrong.

I wonder who did the surgery? Is the last one a scope or a full surgery? Did he do too much to quickly after his first surgeries? There may some reasons why it had to be redone and he may or may not be back for Fall practice. He may a medical causality or he may be all SEC this year. I hope al they did was a "clean up" and he will be good to go this year.

Pretty much hasn’t played for the last 2 seasons. I seriously doubt he’ll ever play another down for Tennessee. Hope I’m wrong.

I wonder who did the surgery? Is the last one a scope or a full surgery? Did he do too much to quickly after his first surgeries? There may some reasons why it had to be redone and he may or may not be back for Fall practice. He may a medical causality or he may be all SEC this year. I hope al they did was a "clean up" and he will be good to go this year. Point is , we don't know what is going on an there is little reason to speculate.

Depends on the type of surgery. The “allograft” is using donated tissue to repair the ligament. He might have had a tough time finding a suitable replacement.

Nonetheless, if he can’t play this year, this is a pretty sure medical redshirt.

Allograft does not require a match.

So, you take a situation that you really know nothing about insert a metric ton of conjecture and use that as more of your "evidence" that this team is doomed if there is even a single butch related player on the team. You really are pathetic with this.

An opinion is just that. I never used the word evidence nor did I say we are doomed because we have butch recruits. What I am saying is that Hall has seemingly been injured forever. His delays in doing the surgery seem odd and yes, he's holding a roster space that I wish we had for a healthy player who can contribute vs standing on the sideline in street clothing.

Yes, I really want the roster turned over. I believe we need a clean and complete change. Really wish Pruitt hadn't taken Jennings back as a bad apple can indeed spoil the barrel. Still convinced Fulmer letting Kelly Washington pull his crap was how Fulmer lost the locker room. Once you lose that respect as a coach it's darned near impossible to get it back as bad influences can impact younger players who in turn can rub off on those who come after. Yes, it's like a contagious disease. I've seen it happen. Sorry to get off point, but I consider the topic somewhat related to the turning over of the roster I'm so anxious for.

I feel any improvement over 4 wins, which includes 5 and missing a bowl, is an improvement. Literally, it is. Satisfying? Not even close. But it would be moving in the right direction. I reiterate my prediction that 3-4 wins is most likely.

The people predicting 3-4 wins are just as extreme and out there as those who are predicting 9+. I think 6 wins and a bowl is a realistic expectation.

Reactions: 2 people
6 wins is a 50% improvement over last year and requires us to beat two teams we lost to last year, providing they can beat West Virginia. Kentucky is a home game this time so that seems reasonable. Missouri was a mismatch last year but it's a home game, so maybe. Vandy is away; could be tough. I'm not seeing a win against Florida, and certainly not South Carolina. 6 wins would be serious cause for celebration, but there is a path to get that done. I just see it as being unlikely.

Reactions: 1 person
6 wins is a 50% improvement over last year and requires us to beat two teams we lost to last year, providing they can beat West Virginia. Kentucky is a home game this time so that seems reasonable. Missouri was a mismatch last year but it's a home game, so maybe. Vandy is away; could be tough. I'm not seeing a win against Florida, and certainly not South Carolina. 6 wins would be serious cause for celebration, but there is a path to get that done. I just see it as being unlikely.

If we only a 50% improvement, we would have 4.5 wins this Fall. If we have a 100% improvement, we would have 6 wins. I will take the 100% improvement and hope for a 200% improvement. Nine wins would also ensure a fantastic recruiting class in 2019.

Last edited:
If we only a 50% improvement, we would have 4.5 wins this Fall. If we have a 100% improvement, we would have 6 wins. I will take the 100% improvement and hope for a 200% improvement. Nine wins would also ensure a fantastic recruiting class in 2019.

Do you even math bro?

Reactions: 6 people

Why “certainly not SCar”? Lost 15-9 last year and would’ve won, with the worst Tennessee team in program history, if Brandon Johnson could’ve caught a perfectly thrown football in the end zone on the last play of the game.

And 6 wins will NEVER be a serious cause for celebration at Tennessee. It’ll be understandable this year considering the utter shambles Lyle left the program in. But 6-7 wins should be the realistic expectation imo, with 9 or more and an SECe title the expectation in 2019.

Why “certainly not SCar”? Lost 15-9 last year and would’ve won, with the worst Tennessee team in program history, if Brandon Johnson could’ve caught a perfectly thrown football in the end zone on the last play of the game.

And 6 wins will NEVER be a serious cause for celebration at Tennessee. It’ll be understandable this year considering the utter shambles Lyle left the program in. But 6-7 wins should be the realistic expectation imo, with 9 or more and an SECe title the expectation in 2019.

I won't be popping the champagne until they at least get back to the SEC title game, but bowling in 2018 would mean a step up for us and also that we beat some teams and probably ruined their year.

TN definitely should have won last year but the game is away this time and we seem to have an issue beating Muschamp. Do it once and I'll start believing.

I won't be popping the champagne until they at least get back to the SEC title game, but bowling in 2018 would mean a step up for us and also that we beat some teams and probably ruined their year.

Well of course it would be a step up from last year, the worst year in program history. And I expect that.

VN Store

Back