Chance Hall had surgery

Nope. That was Josh McNeil I believe. Sullins twins definitely gave it their all and did an admirable job during Kiffin's season, but their most famous play was probably letting Cody for Alabama break thru the line and block Lincoln's field goal.

People love to revise history sometimes. Those boys gave their all for 5 years and made the most of their chances to take the field for the Big Orange. That being said the Sullins twins and basically the entire OL was abused during that 7-6 season. And yeah, Cody's block was just one memorable example.

Unbelievable how the injuries continue to pile up. Can't seem to get away from them. Don't know of another team in the league that has had this kind of continuing injury problem. Hopefully this is just leftover from Jones methods and will change once the new coaching and training staff get going.

Crazy. What reason could he have for putting off this surgery for over 6months?

Too many fragile players Neihaus and Calbert haven't even played

Reasons I've read have all been about seeking multiple medical opinions. This essentially eliminates spring practice and the summer conditioning. Critical for success in the fall. No one looks forward to the spring and having the new S&C coach lay into you all summer long, but you can't just throw on a uniform in August and go play vs Bama, GA and UF. Then again I doubt he has any intention of playing this year or he wouldn't have waited until a few weeks before spring practice to have his surgery.

College ball needs something like the NFLs "injured reserve" for players who can't contribute due to injury. I know we can't "cut" or "release" him, but geez...this feels like it's been going on forever with Hall.

Again, we REALLY need to turn this roster over as soon as humanly possible. The sooner the better IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
It looks like we are entering our third year as a MASH unit. This fall is gonna be tough. Let’s support anyone who can make it onto the field!

Who said that? I think I’ve literally seen one poster on here advocating that he should absolutely win 8 or 9 games in year one....which obviously ridiculous.

KB I have seen people on here setting ridiculous expectations for this year.

Reactions: 2 people
KB I have seen people on here setting ridiculous expectations for this year.

Well let’s agree that they’re outliers, that 8, 9 or more wins in year 1 as an expectation is neither fair nor realistic......and that 6-7 wins will be a successful year coming off the disaster that was Sgt Carter’s last (thank GOD) season. You agree?

Reactions: 1 person
Well let’s agree that they’re outliers, that 8, 9 or more wins in year 1 as an expectation is neither fair nor realistic......and that 6-7 wins will be a successful year coming off the disaster that was Sgt Carter’s last (thank GOD) season. You agree?

Completely agree.

Reactions: 2 people
Some of you guys need to contact the AD and tell him to cancel the season....You guys have it all figured out....

Give it some time. If Hall needed surgery, he needed surgery. How did that “all call” for walk ones turnout? I’ll bet our staff is looking everywhere for players. Again, spring game is for the fans and trying to keep our players healthy. Playing young guys is fine with me.

Chance Hall surgery

Pruitt said senior tackle Chance Hall underwent knee surgery to repair a torn ACL on Wednesday. Hall had postponed the surgery, which required an allograft.

Redshirt freshman offensive lineman K’Rohjn Calbert underwent knee surgery last fall and will be limited in spring drills.

“I expect to have everybody back (on the offensive line this fall),” Pruitt said.

Tennessee started eight different offensive line combinations last season, and seven different combos in 2016.

-- SECCountry

If he just had ACL surgery... I think expecting him back this year might be optimistic.

I feel any improvement over 4 wins, which includes 5 and missing a bowl, is an improvement. Literally, it is. Satisfying? Not even close. But it would be moving in the right direction. I reiterate my prediction that 3-4 wins is most likely.

-- SECCountry

If he just had ACL surgery... I think expecting him back this year might be optimistic.

Depends on the type of surgery. The “allograft” is using donated tissue to repair the ligament. He might have had a tough time finding a suitable replacement.

Nonetheless, if he can’t play this year, this is a pretty sure medical redshirt.

To do what? Zero chance that Kongbo could make a transition to OT, especially given his lack of size/weight. He’s struggling bad enough to play DE, a position he’s been playing for a little while now, let alone a new position.

Agreed
He doesn’t have the footwork for it.

Reasons I've read have all been about seeking multiple medical opinions. This essentially eliminates spring practice and the summer conditioning. Critical for success in the fall. No one looks forward to the spring and having the new S&C coach lay into you all summer long, but you can't just throw on a uniform in August and go play vs Bama, GA and UF. Then again I doubt he has any intention of playing this year or he wouldn't have waited until a few weeks before spring practice to have his surgery.

College ball needs something like the NFLs "injured reserve" for players who can't contribute due to injury. I know we can't "cut" or "release" him, but geez...this feels like it's been going on forever with Hall.

Again, we REALLY need to turn this roster over as soon as humanly possible. The sooner the better IMO.
So, you take a situation that you really know nothing about insert a metric ton of conjecture and use that as more of your "evidence" that this team is doomed if there is even a single butch related player on the team. You really are pathetic with this.

VN Store

Back