CBJ - There is no year "0"

Doolittle 1720

Pessimistic Optimist
Well he is now the coach. I expect him to start work immediately without similar excuses like the last coach brought in. Year 1 is now. I will begin to judge him immediately on what staff is brought in and how recruiting goes.

We were promised the best staff in all of college football. Somewhat of an exaggeration, but I do not expect the best staff to be made up primarily of cinc coaches. They were not the best staff in football. I expect better. Don't know if we will get it, hope so.

Secondly, I will judge him on his upcoming recruiting. We will see if he can bring in quality talent immediately this year replacing some of the less than stellar recruits we currently have and not lose the few quality recruits we do have, or will we continue down the route of the "dooley diamonds". Waiting to see.

I think from these two important aspects, we will begin to see in the next couple of weeks what we have.

I also expect if these processes do not go well, we will start to hear the same tired old excuses from the sheep. Not been here long enough. Inherited a dumpster fire. Just needs time. Etc.

Well he is now the coach. I expect him to start work immediately without similar excuses like the last coach brought in. Year 1 is now. I will begin to judge him immediately on what staff is brought in and how recruiting goes.

We were promised the best staff in all of college football. Somewhat of an exaggeration, but I do not expect the best staff to be made up primarily of cinc coaches. They were not the best staff in football. I expect better. Don't know if we will get it, hope so.

Secondly, I will judge him on his upcoming recruiting. We will see if he can bring in quality talent immediately this year replacing some of the less than stellar recruits we currently have and not lose the few quality recruits we do have, or will we continue down the route of the "dooley diamonds". Waiting to see.

I think from these two important aspects, we will begin to see in the next couple of weeks what we have.

I also expect if these processes do not go well, we will start to hear the same tired old excuses from the sheep. Not been here long enough. Inherited a dumpster fire. Just needs time. Etc.

I expect you to be in attendance at every home game and a minimum of two road games. Put your money where your mouth is.

Reactions: 3 people

Look out Coach Jones! Volnation anonymous internet poster Doolittle 1720 will be judging you, SOON!

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for posting...Jones had everything on hold til you came through with this. Now he can start making phone calls.

Reactions: 2 people
Well , we'd expect nothing less from you, Doolittle. You're just and fair. You've never *****ed and moaned incessantly on here. Your username is a testament to that! You've proven yourself a coaching and recruiting expert and VN is lucky to have you!

We will all be waiting with bated breath for your insightful analysis! If Butch is smart, he'll be reading it, too.

Thanks, bro!

I expect you to be in attendance at every home game and a minimum of two road games. Put your money where your mouth is.

I do not have to answer to you, but I am 40 yr alumnus and 38 year season ticket holder and contributor. I fell I have a right to an opinion. Just as you are entitled to yours.

Wonder how long it takes to think up nonsense like this.

O.k. Wow! Don't expect much, huh? So, how many years coaching?
GO VOLS!

I do not have to answer to you, but I am 40 yr alumnus and 38 year season ticket holder and contributor. I fell I have a right to an opinion. Just as you are entitled to yours.

Yeah, but did you grow up 10 minutes from Neyland? That is the true test for super-fandom.

Yep...just want to see progression. The program is at the bottom. No where to go but up. This coach should get two years and if it's status quo then move on to the next. Hopefully BoogerCheek and Hart will be gone.

I totally agree with this guy. Jones will immediately be judged against Saban and Miles. Any less success next year and we need to call for Jones head. Also, if he does not create a staff that rivals the best [ and should steal from the best] then he should be run out of town. He must not keep the Cincy coaches he knows and has worked with, c'mon now. OK - win the East next year, the SEC in 14 and the Nat'l Championship in 15 or you are gone loser. Signed, Realistic VN fan

I totally agree with this guy. Jones will immediately be judged against Saban and Miles. Any less success next year and we need to call for Jones head. Also, if he does not create a staff that rivals the best [ and should steal from the best] then he should be run out of town. He must not keep the Cincy coaches he knows and has worked with, c'mon now. OK - win the East next year, the SEC in 14 and the Nat'l Championship in 15 or you are gone loser. Signed, Realistic VN fan

I sense sarcasm

Dont listen to some of these idiots, sir! I agree with you. He is being paid $250g a month! We should all expect results immediately!

Wonder how long it takes to think up nonsense like this.

What is wrong with what he said? He just wants to see results right away. I am less inclined to give him as much of a pass as Dooley was given. I would like to see some measurable improvement the first year. The first steps are staff and recruiting. recruiting is the key to everything. You can't compete in the SEC unless you have a top 10 recruiting class.

VN Store

Back