Catfish

These people should be kept away from anyone and anything involved with basic decision making and common sense. Really. These people are loony tunes.

I don't think so. I think on some level it is rational. One just has to fairly bored and very socially awkward.

One girl on there had several profiles and hundreds of fake friends. And she couldn't stop. That's loony, not rational.

It is no different than those on second life. The same thing (on a slightly smaller scale) happens on VN very day.

I thought this week's episode was pretty good. Glad to see the people actually being themselves (appearance wise) and seeing the relationship continue.

Slightly smaller scale? Come on man. Don't try to rationalize it. You sound as bad as them.

Conversing with strangers to escape reality or enhance your own reality. The principal is the same.

The difference is that Catfishing is taboo and VN is not.

I am not defending such actions but I don't believe these people are "crazy".

Conversing with strangers to escape reality or enhance your own reality. The principal is the same.

I'm starting to think you are going to be on a future episode.

Message board posting compared to building emotional relationships over time with fake personas aren't remotely the same. I agree with a lot of what you post. Just not this one.

I ended up watching several episodes of this show yesterday. It was the first time I'd ever seen it, but it was pretty good. The weird thing about it was that in all but about one episode, I ended up almost feeling worse for the person doing the scamming than the person who actually got scammed.

The dude tonight was depressing and sad at first, then came across a little crazy.

Edit: there was 5 minutes left when I wrote that, she's a little crazy too.

Last edited:
I ended up watching several episodes of this show yesterday. It was the first time I'd ever seen it, but it was pretty good. The weird thing about it was that in all but about one episode, I ended up almost feeling worse for the person doing the scamming than the person who actually got scammed.

That's how I am. You have to be a sad person to do that

VN Store

Back