Carolina Panthers

Side Note: On Cold Pizza when Steve Smith was getting interviewed, I wish he had told Jay Crawford that the Panthers had won in week 1.

"The Panthers will look to crack the win column next week."

Houston Cut Carr. that's all i need to know about him. but it looks like we're going to find out how good or bad he is in the next few games.

and as a sidenote...keep in mind they brought carr in because he's better than Weinke. they didn't bring him in to replace Jake. they brought him to do what he did yesterday. Jake has had a fine year so far, and has done nothing to warrant losing his job.

the best thing about yesterday's win was they got it on the road w/out Steve Smith being "the man".

and as a sidenote...keep in mind they brought carr in because he's better than Weinke. they didn't bring him in to replace Jake. they brought him to do what he did yesterday. Jake has had a fine year so far, and has done nothing to warrant losing his job.

the best thing about yesterday's win was they got it on the road w/out Steve Smith being "the man".

I know they did not bring in Carr to replace Delhomme, but again what has Delhomme done recently? He has just been there. Carr couldnt do anything with Houston because he had no Offensive Line. I am definately interested in seeing him in a full game with Carolina, hopefully he can do so this weekend. Carr may not be the answer, but Delhomme needs to step it up when he does come back or get lost.

I know they did not bring in Carr to replace Delhomme, but again what has Delhomme done recently? He has just been there. Carr couldnt do anything with Houston because he had no Offensive Line. I am definately interested in seeing him in a full game with Carolina, hopefully he can do so this weekend. Carr may not be the answer, but Delhomme needs to step it up when he does come back or get lost.
55/86 for a 64% completion rate
208.7 yards passing per game
8 tds/1 int 8:1....that's pretty darn good, and i'd take that all day long.
111.9 qb rating.

Jake has done nothing to warrant being benched. he's started off having a fine year, in an offense that is supposed to be a physical, run first offense. his only job is to get the ball to play makers, which he has done thus far, and not make mistakes, which he has also done thus far.

people kept whining last year about Jake, screamed for CW, and got their wish and we sucked out loud and so did CW.

i hope Carr does fine while Jake is out, because he'll have to for the Panthers to do well. but i don't expect Carr to come out and play any better than what we've seen thus far.

CArr better be as good as you hope, or the next couple of games are going to be awful.

Unfortunately they got that win thanks to either poor officiating, poor sportsmanship, or both. The run game finally clicking is nice to see though.

111.9 qb rating.

Jake has done nothing to warrant being benched. he's started off having a fine year, in an offense that is supposed to be a physical, run first offense. his only job is to get the ball to play makers, which he has done thus far, and not make mistakes, which he has also done thus far.

There have been a lot of drops for Jake this year too. SS last game, and Drew Carter/Keary Colbert all year long.

111.9 qb rating.

people kept whining last year about Jake, screamed for CW, and got their wish and we sucked out loud and so did CW.

i hope Carr does fine while Jake is out, because he'll have to for the Panthers to do well. but i don't expect Carr to come out and play any better than what we've seen thus far.

CArr better be as good as you hope, or the next couple of games are going to be awful.

I agree with the previous poster on Delhomme, he has had alot of not so good plays as well. And when is he going to take a shot down the field? What did Carr do his first play, took the shot, even though it was not completed, at least he had the balls to make that play.

I think Delhomme is a very safe qb, he's good, but not great. I have wanted him gone for a long time, and I'm sticking to that as I will not be a flip flopper! Something has to give, Carolina depends way too much on the Jake/Smith Duo---if it weren't for the penalties and the ability to run for once, ATL would have easily beaten us. Also, I am seeing alot of last year, Jake either gets plenty of 3 and outs or he moves the ball down the field and it can't convert to any points or just FG's.

I really do hope Carr is as good as I hope he is, but he has not proved me otherwise so far, yes I know he has played very little, but when you are 3/4 and get half as many yards as Jake did with 18 attempts, thats impressive enough for me to want to see more out of him.

And I saw in the TB thread you have tickets to the Indy game, how did you get those!? When they went on sale, I tried to get Indy and Dallas tickets, but they were gone by the time I got through, so I had to stick with TB, ATL, and SF tickets.

I agree with the previous poster on Delhomme, he has had alot of not so good plays as well. And when is he going to take a shot down the field? What did Carr do his first play, took the shot, even though it was not completed, at least he had the balls to make that play.

I think Delhomme is a very safe qb, he's good, but not great. I have wanted him gone for a long time, and I'm sticking to that as I will not be a flip flopper! Something has to give, Carolina depends way too much on the Jake/Smith Duo---if it weren't for the penalties and the ability to run for once, ATL would have easily beaten us. Also, I am seeing alot of last year, Jake either gets plenty of 3 and outs or he moves the ball down the field and it can't convert to any points or just FG's.

I really do hope Carr is as good as I hope he is, but he has not proved me otherwise so far, yes I know he has played very little, but when you are 3/4 and get half as many yards as Jake did with 18 attempts, thats impressive enough for me to want to see more out of him.

And I saw in the TB thread you have tickets to the Indy game, how did you get those!? When they went on sale, I tried to get Indy and Dallas tickets, but they were gone by the time I got through, so I had to stick with TB, ATL, and SF tickets.
Just remember, Jake is not the OC here. and Carr didn't make the decision to go deep on the first play.

the single most ineffective part of the Carolina offense has been the lack of a 2nd option in the receiving game. Colbert sucks out loud, sunday not withstanding. Carter is a complete unknown, in that you never know which one is going to show up, the one that burns by DB's to make catches or the one that drops the easy curl routes.

as for going long, i'd say Jake throws one of the best long balls in the game.......to Steve Smith. i'll go ahead and concede that Smith has made Jake look good on many occaisons by going and getting the ball, but at the same time, that's what good WR's do. and it's also what good qb's do when they know their WR's and what they are capable of. but they go long plenty, sometimes to a fault.

the three and outs can be attributed to the lack of a consistent running game. no gain on 1st, pass on 2nd, pass on 3rd, punt. the key to this offense is positive yards on 1st down, otherwise it becomes very predictable, at least that is the way it was last year.

the best thing that has happend is the emergence of Jeff King. If he can remain consistent and provide a reliable outlent to the qb this offense can get better. esp on 2nd and 3rd downpassing situations. DeAngelo and Foster also have proven to be affective pass catchers, and must be utilized more often. but we really do need Jarrett, colbert or carter to step up and take that 2nd spot.

the only other thing that needs to happen is that the running game needs to be more consistent, specifically on 1st down and in short yardage situations.

Jake gets far too much blame. many times it's the fact that the offense gets put in bad situations, cause let's face it, the special teams hasn't been great and the defense has underperformed the last two years. this offense is not designed to play from two scores behind.

he's simply not that bad, and at the same time, i'm not nominating him for any MVP awards either....but he's better than 1/2 the qb's in the league.

as for the Indy tickets....i just happen to be in the right place at the right time and know the right people.:p 50 yard line, 6 rows up in the upper level. b e a u t i f u l seats..can't wait.

Just remember, Jake is not the OC here. and Carr didn't make the decision to go deep on the first play.
the single most ineffective part of the Carolina offense has been the lack of a 2nd option in the receiving game. Colbert sucks out loud, sunday not withstanding. Carter is a complete unknown, in that you never know which one is going to show up, the one that burns by DB's to make catches or the one that drops the easy curl routes.

as for going long, i'd say Jake throws one of the best long balls in the game.......to Steve Smith. i'll go ahead and concede that Smith has made Jake look good on many occaisons by going and getting the ball, but at the same time, that's what good WR's do. and it's also what good qb's do when they know their WR's and what they are capable of. but they go long plenty, sometimes to a fault.

the three and outs can be attributed to the lack of a consistent running game. no gain on 1st, pass on 2nd, pass on 3rd, punt. the key to this offense is positive yards on 1st down, otherwise it becomes very predictable, at least that is the way it was last year.

the best thing that has happend is the emergence of Jeff King. If he can remain consistent and provide a reliable outlent to the qb this offense can get better. esp on 2nd and 3rd downpassing situations. DeAngelo and Foster also have proven to be affective pass catchers, and must be utilized more often. but we really do need Jarrett, colbert or carter to step up and take that 2nd spot.

the only other thing that needs to happen is that the running game needs to be more consistent, specifically on 1st down and in short yardage situations.

Jake gets far too much blame. many times it's the fact that the offense gets put in bad situations, cause let's face it, the special teams hasn't been great and the defense has underperformed the last two years. this offense is not designed to play from two scores behind.

he's simply not that bad, and at the same time, i'm not nominating him for any MVP awards either....but he's better than 1/2 the qb's in the league.

as for the Indy tickets....i just happen to be in the right place at the right time and know the right people.:p 50 yard line, 6 rows up in the upper level. b e a u t i f u l seats..can't wait.

Blah blah blah blah blah and more blah :p

You are helping my point. The duo can only work for so long, Jake needs to learn to throw these balls to the other guys regardless of whether they are poor receivers or not, thats how you make them better, not by always going to Smith. And Smith is the only reason why Jake looks even partly good in any game. If it weren't for him, then Jake would be nothing, anyone knows that, even yourself! :p

The offense has never been able to come from behind, and thats something that needs to change. But I think the problem also with that is, they get in the sense of urgency way way too late in the 4th quarter to only start making the plays then.

Such a bragger aren't we now. :nono: Those are like my TB seats, very nice ones, and my other two games are corners. I have been all over this stadium, highest of the high, and then in the lower level, you really can't go wrong in any seat while you are there, unlike Neyland where if you are at the highest of the high you feel like you will just topple over from trying to see the midgits. So I really don't care where my seats are as long as I'm there, hopefully I can find some tickets for that Indy game, but it will be hard to come by. Maybe I'll put on my sweet charm and coax some man to let me in. :)

Blah blah blah blah blah and more blah :p

You are helping my point. The duo can only work for so long, Jake needs to learn to throw these balls to the other guys regardless of whether they are poor receivers or not, thats how you make them better, not by always going to Smith. And Smith is the only reason why Jake looks even partly good in any game. If it weren't for him, then Jake would be nothing, anyone knows that, even yourself! :p

The offense has never been able to come from behind, and thats something that needs to change. But I think the problem also with that is, they get in the sense of urgency way way too late in the 4th quarter to only start making the plays then.

Such a bragger aren't we now. :nono: Those are like my TB seats, very nice ones, and my other two games are corners. I have been all over this stadium, highest of the high, and then in the lower level, you really can't go wrong in any seat while you are there, unlike Neyland where if you are at the highest of the high you feel like you will just topple over from trying to see the midgits. So I really don't care where my seats are as long as I'm there, hopefully I can find some tickets for that Indy game, but it will be hard to come by. Maybe I'll put on my sweet charm and coax some man to let me in. :)
in the game we lost to the Texans, colbert and carter registered double digit drops. how is that Jake's fault? he threw it to them, they didn't catch it. that's why Jeff King has been a nice addition to the offense. and also why Jarrett needs to develop quickly. but as to Steve Smith, i think that makes an even stronger case for Jake. eveyrone knows smith is the onlly option, yet he still gets his, with poor old Jake tossing it up to him.

either way, like i said, i won't be mistaking Jake for a future HOF'er, but he's just not as bad as you'd like to make him out to be.

and no, i'm not bragging, but i do have the good fortune of knowing a couple of influential people that have a selection of seats, and when they have extras, they have always been nice enough to extend an invite. luck more than anything.......

and good luck getting those tix.:thumbsup:

in the game we lost to the Texans, colbert and carter registered double digit drops. how is that Jake's fault? he threw it to them, they didn't catch it. that's why Jeff King has been a nice addition to the offense. and also why Jarrett needs to develop quickly. but as to Steve Smith, i think that makes an even stronger case for Jake. eveyrone knows smith is the onlly option, yet he still gets his, with poor old Jake tossing it up to him.

either way, like i said, i won't be mistaking Jake for a future HOF'er, but he's just not as bad as you'd like to make him out to be.

and no, i'm not bragging, but i do have the good fortune of knowing a couple of influential people that have a selection of seats, and when they have extras, they have always been nice enough to extend an invite. luck more than anything.......

and good luck getting those tix.:thumbsup:

It is just always Jake's fault. I'm not saying Jake is the worst of the worst, but I just think the panthers could do much better. I mean afterall he runs like a girl. Plus it wouldn't hurt getting a hot looking qb :birgits_giggle:

And you were clearly bragging about your tickets! :jpshakehead: Tsk tsk tsk! But it won't be so bad if I don't get tickets since my yearly UT/SC game is the same weekend, I won't have to rush back for the game, but I definately will if I do get some tickets! I just don't care to pay the $200 per ticket prices.

It is just always Jake's fault. I'm not saying Jake is the worst of the worst, but I just think the panthers could do much better. I mean afterall he runs like a girl. Plus it wouldn't hurt getting a hot looking qb :birgits_giggle:

And you were clearly bragging about your tickets! :jpshakehead: Tsk tsk tsk! But it won't be so bad if I don't get tickets since my yearly UT/SC game is the same weekend, I won't have to rush back for the game, but I definately will if I do get some tickets! I just don't care to pay the $200 per ticket prices.
it would have been nice if you had stated that to begin with then we could have wasted less time debating this issue...because i have no frame of reference to support or argue against your stance...:eek:lol:

eh, and maybe i did brag a little, but it was unintentional. this however isn't.......i got my tickets to the Indy game for free.:)

it would have been nice if you had stated that to begin with then we could have wasted less time debating this issue...because i have no frame of reference to support or argue against your stance...:eek:lol:

eh, and maybe i did brag a little, but it was unintentional. this however isn't.......i got my tickets to the Indy game for free.:)

Well who knows what you are going to counter-argue everytime! Where is a rolling eyes smiley when you need him.

You continue to brag! :nono: Someone is cruisin for a bruisin.:vava: Ticket(s)! You only need ONE! You can just send the other to me. :)

Well who knows what you are going to counter-argue everytime! Where is a rolling eyes smiley when you need him.

You continue to brag! :nono: Someone is cruisin for a bruisin.:vava: Ticket(s)! You only need ONE! You can just send the other to me. :)
my wife would not be too happy about that......

almost? that was pathetic on all accounts.

to quote Jim Mora....they didn't do "didly poo" yesterday.

does anyone else want to tell me about how Carr should get the nod anymore?

anyway, this team is a complete train wreck now. the defense is bad. the offense is useless, and the special teams is as bad as Tennessee's.

the panthers will not be making the playoffs this year.

almost? that was pathetic on all accounts.

to quote Jim Mora....they didn't do "didly poo" yesterday.

does anyone else want to tell me about how Carr should get the nod anymore?

anyway, this team is a complete train wreck now. the defense is bad. the offense is useless, and the special teams is as bad as Tennessee's.

the panthers will not be making the playoffs this year.

Ok, well I am back from the game and I have a few things to say.

1. I will not promote Carr, but I still like the guy. I still don't think Delhomme is the answer either. I do have to agree with you though Jake, the Delhomme/Smith chemistry is NOT there at all with Carr, he dropped a few balls yesterday and showed no emotion, he only showed emotion when Cad. Williams was injured. Even though Carr did not play well, the receivers did not either, way too many dropped balls. However, Carr did get the biggest reactions from the fans when he did his nice gymnastic move to get the first down, could have easily injured himself on that though.

2. Too many bogus calls, holds, offsides, etc. And the fact that they REPEATED these same mistakes in the game is just pitiful.

3. Defense absolutely sucks, nothing else to say on that. Must have attended the same summer training camp as UT. :eek:lol:

4. Halftime was the best. They had 8 yr olds playing football, quite hilarious to see little kids pushing others including their own teammates down just to move the ball. Fans cheered more for this than their own team.

5. Last thing I will say the most thing I am disappointed in is the fan base. That stadium was like 70% full. Plenty of empty seats and plenty of Tampa Bay fans there as well, with most fans leaving at the start of the 4th. I left at the very end, I'm like that regardless of it being Tenn or Carolina. I did not have hope for us to win at that point, but that is just pathetic.

I will say on a good note, I did see a vol fan representing at the game! :)

I was at the game yesterday . . . this D is probably the worst I've ever seen in Charlotte. Can't stop running water.

Carr does not impress me, although even Steve Smith was guiltly of dropping balls yesterday.

Think it may be a long year.

Well we've got the aints next week, so we'll see just how pathetic we really are.

Ok, well I am back from the game and I have a few things to say.

1. I will not promote Carr, but I still like the guy. I still don't think Delhomme is the answer either. I do have to agree with you though Jake, the Delhomme/Smith chemistry is NOT there at all with Carr, he dropped a few balls yesterday and showed no emotion, he only showed emotion when Cad. Williams was injured. Even though Carr did not play well, the receivers did not either, way too many dropped balls. However, Carr did get the biggest reactions from the fans when he did his nice gymnastic move to get the first down, could have easily injured himself on that though.

2. Too many bogus calls, holds, offsides, etc. And the fact that they REPEATED these same mistakes in the game is just pitiful.

3. Defense absolutely sucks, nothing else to say on that. Must have attended the same summer training camp as UT. :eek:lol:

4. Halftime was the best. They had 8 yr olds playing football, quite hilarious to see little kids pushing others including their own teammates down just to move the ball. Fans cheered more for this than their own team.

5. Last thing I will say the most thing I am disappointed in is the fan base. That stadium was like 70% full. Plenty of empty seats and plenty of Tampa Bay fans there as well, with most fans leaving at the start of the 4th. I left at the very end, I'm like that regardless of it being Tenn or Carolina. I did not have hope for us to win at that point, but that is just pathetic.

I will say on a good note, I did see a vol fan representing at the game! :)
i had to remind myself of your "hot" factor when determining which qb should start before i replied to this.

as for the dropped balls, i refer you to my post about the Houston game. besides Steve Smith ,there is no other quality receiver on this team. and say what you want about Jake, but you hit on the head, they have a good chemistry and as good as Steve makes Jake look, i think it's apparent, Jake makes Steve look pretty good too. they know each other, they know how each plays and they use that to their advantage.

but anyway, there's so much more wrong with this team than the Jake D and Steve S. relationship. As i've said, Jake is not the reason this team sucks. just look to Turgo and his defense adn the special teams play if you really want to see an excercise in futility.

The defense begins and ends with Dan Morgan. It's as simple as that. They drafted Beason to be a solid backup in the middle and a starter opposite TD- but JB just isn't ready yet. Obviously because he's just a rook.

There's obviously no question that JP isn't 100%, which is bad for Ruck, because he thrives being opposite JP's double teams, and when he isnt, well we have known he isn't a good player for a while now.

Then, you get to the fact that Minter's sudden retirement in preseason is also killing this team. He left the front office in a major bind with his timing, and the lack of a safety presence (opposite MM) has haunted the Panthers for years,

VN Store

Back