Canceled/Ending Shows announced!

Thank goodness Happy Endings got cancelled (though word is USA might pick it up). That's one show that started great and just got really bad really quickly.

I really liked Go On. I watched every episode. I hope it is able to go on to another network (pun intended).

vegas is about the only one i'm somewhat surprised about, i thought it had a decently strong enough fall season. i swear i even saw them advertise it as the #1 new show at one point. kind of surprised also that they're giving up on golden boy already as hard as they promoted it beforehand

The only ones I can say I've watched were The Cleveland Show, Burn Notice and Southland.

Southland was pretty damn good.

I still like Burn Notice but I'm ready for it to end.

Cleveland show was okay but between football season or just being out on sundays, I didn't see it that much.

Last edited:
I've seen 2-3 episodes of Cleveland but otherwise I haven't even heard of most of those shows much less watched them.

So is Cleveland's character retiring to Family Guy?

It really shows you how bad NBC is when you see how many shows they've purged, and the fact that some of the shows they renewed get much lower ratings than other shows that got canned on other networks. For instance, Rules of Engagement got cancelled on CBS yet it constantly got double, almost triple the ratings of Parks and Rec and Community on NBC. I know ratings isn't all that is involved, as a show like RoE probably costs a lot to produce now, and in no way do I think RoE is a better show than either of those, but still kind of funny the different standards right now.

A comedy getting over a 6.0 average in ratings would be king on NBC by far.

I don't really watch a lot of television these days but the state of affairs y'all are describing at NBC is troubling considering some of the best sitcoms of all-time came from NBC.

Excellent. Looks like Parks and Rec lives to die another day. Even though The Office has been pretty lousy the last few years, its a shame nobody hardly watches any of the NBC comedies. When they had Community, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock and a still decent Office, they had one hell of a lineup on Thursday night, it just never gained a lot of ratings success.

Excellent. Looks like Parks and Rec lives to die another day. Even though The Office has been pretty lousy the last few years, its a shame nobody hardly watches any of the NBC comedies. When they had Community, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock and a still decent Office, they had one hell of a lineup on Thursday night, it just never gained a lot of ratings success.

I thought Outsourced was good, too.

Reactions: 1 person
I really liked Vegas.

I watched the majority of the episodes of Vegas. I'm not surprised it's cancelled. It was quirky, had some really cheesy lines and some a lot of the episodes were just boring.

I liked Golden Boy wish CBS had kept it for one more season.

Watched the whole season. I thought from the beginning that the show felt like it was missing something. The infighting story line got old quick, the estranged father story was cliche, and his poor sister while hot just was hard to connect with. I found myself wondering why we were supposed to care or be impressed with this guy becoming a police commisioner in just 7 years. I love Chi McBride though, I hope he finds something else to get into. He was great in Pushing Daisies.

I liked Happy Endings to begin with but when they moved it to another night when I watched something else I quit watching. How To Live With Your Parents (For The Rest Of Your Life) didn't last as long as it takes to say the title. Family Tools got the axe even quicker. I watched both of those but wasn't impressed. Same with Don't Trust The B. I agree that Whitney should have been cancelled after the first joke. I liked 1600 Penn and The Cleveland Show but I can see why both didn't make the cut.

The first season of Up All Night was good, the second was horrible. I'm disappointed the canceled Don't trust the B. It was really good IMO.

VN Store

Back