Can we slay the Ogre of Purdue?

I’m still irritated about that game and the Ole Miss game TBH. I haven’t been able to let it go.
Being a Vol fan means a lifetime of not letting things go. Peyton being robbed of the Heisman and Gaffney’s bogus 2000 touchdown „catch“ for Florida rank high in my book of angst

Reactions: Plecoptera
He can't win it alone, so I think it's best if we lock up the rest of the team. Play smart, don't foul him, let him get the points if need be.

I don't know, but if Aidoo plays like he did last night, we are screwed. He killed us on both ends of the floor.
He reminds me of Olivier Nkamhoua. Looks great one game and terrible for three games. So inconsistent. When you see that, it’s usually mental. Hard to fix that.

Agreed the guy is too big to stop but make it tough for the guards to make the entry passes and push their offense out to where Edey has to adjust his post touches. Then make sure the supporting cast doesn't have career games.
I was the undersized 5, 6'4" playing against 6' 6" and taller you just do your best to keep them from pushing you to far down in the lane . Our 5's need to keep him frustrated by keeping him away from that half circle under the goal.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I have no doubt our defense will suffocate them. The outcome will depend upon how well we shoot the ball.

I don't know, but if Aidoo plays like he did last night, we are screwed. He killed us on both ends of the floor.
Coach needs put Aidoo in front of mirror and show him you're 6' 11' start playing like a post player stop letting players push you around and dunk the ball stop with finger rolls and finesse play strong....

Wonder if we will migrate to earlier Good shots since we should have it 5 on 4 every time in transition? I would make him work hard to get down court. Put Mayshack in front of his lumbering strides. Just have to get set 2 steps in front.
Every time he comes down the court I would just have one of our guards waiting at the FT line and let him bulldoze you so that he gets some easy fouls called against him.

Our guys down low will need to be more aggressive. Last time we played them they out rebounded us by a large margin.
Since Aidoo and Awaka both fouled out last game, and JP had 3 fouls, just being more aggressive doesn't seem to be the best strategy. Aidoo needs to play like he is 6' 11" and 240 lbs, not scared. He's quicker than Edey, so try to exploit that by reducing Edey's points scored value by scoring 10 to 15 points himself.

Last edited:
Have we ever run a 3-2 zone...I think that might be effective against Eddy with JJ/Awaka fronting him..then JA on the weak side for help and shot blocking...thoughts???

Aidoo has got to be more aggressive.
I’d suggest pick Edey up at the free throw line. Allow him low post position and things are not likely to go well. Also, overplay him going to the right and try to force him to shoot left handed. He’s a challenge and will likely get his 20+, but let’s make it difficult without fouling or double teaming!

VN Store

Back