Can we slay the Ogre of Purdue?

He's probably going to have a great game. The key is stopping/slowing down everyone else.
You know it’s interesting that you posted this. I was reading an article posing Creighton as Goliath. I think this is a true David vs Goliath type of game.

Reactions: vols 30
I don't know, but if Aidoo plays like he did last night, we are screwed. He killed us on both ends of the floor.
If he plays like he did last night, the goon will score 50. Aidoo might hold the point guard to his season average as he played around the top of the key most of the time he was in. Thank goodness Barnes benched him in favor of Awaka. That was in my opinion the best coaching move of the game and was probably the reason we won. Horrible game by Aidoo. Maybe we won't see the sequel tomorrow.

TN can win this game if they stay out of foul trouble and attack offensively and shoot well. If Edey scores, so be it. Don’t foul!!!!

Try keeping him as far away from the rim as possible. But we must defend the three line as he will dish it back out if one of our guards double down low, imo.

Also, TN fans need to take a deep breath and not worry about Edey getting the whistle as he will get the call.

Last edited:

Can we slay the Ogre of Purdue?​

In a word - yes.

Chase them off the 3 pt. line, give the goon his 25, shoot a decent percentage, and compete as hard as we have the last two games, and we'll be in the Final Four.

Regardless what happens, I couldn't be prouder of this group.

Stay out of foul trouble and shut down their guards.

Your not gonna shut down Edey, need to just try and limit how many times he gets to the FT line.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Tennessee’s bigs and driving guards need to attack the rim going through Edey. None of the 8 feet high release stuff. No fade away crap. Have to draw contact as much as possible and try to get him in foul trouble. They’ll get rejected a few times but if we can limit him to 25 minutes instead of his usual 31-32 because of some foul issues, it will be worth it.

we need to go straight at Edey and make him block our shot or foul us. We need Edey sitting on the bench, but everyone agrees that he gets away with what will be called a foul on Aidoo.

He's probably going to have a great game. The key is stopping/slowing down everyone else.
Exactly. I will say that this is where getting that last 1 seed matters. It’s is what it is though. We would have to beat them or UConn to win it anyway, maybe both.

Reactions: Pennheel
All this talk about staying out of foul trouble.

Fouls that Edy commits are called in those defending him. All game, every game.

Agreed the guy is too big to stop but make it tough for the guards to make the entry passes and push their offense out to where Edey has to adjust his post touches. Then make sure the supporting cast doesn't have career games.

Reactions: TNgradmom
“You were given the problems you have because you can solve them.
You were given the burdens you have because you can carry them.
You were given the trials you have because you can overcome them.
You were given the opponents you have because you can beat them.
You were given the enemies you have because you can conquer them.”
― Matshona Dhliwayo

Reactions: ohhbother
Wonder if we will migrate to earlier Good shots since we should have it 5 on 4 every time in transition? I would make him work hard to get down court. Put Mayshack in front of his lumbering strides. Just have to get set 2 steps in front.

VN Store

Back