Can we have a positive thread

...And go ahead and send me your honest assessment of the next game and how we're really gonna lose big time to Notre Dame. I'll get it to HW, and the team won't bother having to suit up. Hey, they said it first over on Volnation!

I never predicted a win or a loss against Stanford and I won't against ND. But go ahead and continue to make stuff up about what I predicted. Doing so leads to this assessment: You wear your lady vol feelings on your shoulder for anybody to knock off whenever they say anything you don't like.

Again, use the ignore button.

Reactions: 2 people
They keep showing up and saying negative things. Not really sure why you think that's standing behind the team...

Predictions of losses are negative in your mind, not mine. But the posters show up and post whatever they post because they care. I'm not really sure why that's so hard for you to understand.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
...My point was that the problem isn't whose game prediction was right. My point was why would a fan brag about making a NEGATIVE prediction about someone or something that you care about?

In my mind, they shouldn't.

What does what is in your mind have to do with what is in someone else's?

And claiming that the predictions of a loss are bragging is embellishment on your part.

And the flip side is why would a fan that cares fail to demand improvement from a team they care about that is performing below expectations.

Your example of a beauty-pageant was nicely worded to avoid the value of criticism. A better example would be a contestant that fails to do the preparation for the contest, and when told so by the parent, then accuses the parent of not caring or not standing behind them.

I do not know if the Lady Vols have won the game that will elevate them to play lights out, or not, but today they played a hell of a game. Since we castigate Holly and the team when they lose, it is only fair that we praise them when they win. This was a very good game loaded with more positives then negatives. The ladies played quicker and with confidence. There was not the same old offense of throw it around 50 times trying to get it inside. We pressured the defense by dribble driving in the gaps of the Stanford defense. We played like we had a brain after the first 5 minutes of the game. What we need to see is, will this carryover through the rest of the season.

I largely agree and think this is a fair assessment. It's similar to what almost everyone including myself has posted.

My contribution to the "positive thread" on this topic is that people should lighten up and accept a season's greeting...whatever season it may be...for what it is: a gesture of goodwill. It will probably help reduce a lot of blood pressure readings if people aren't on edge looking for something to be offended by.

I think you have an excellent point. Our life experiences are similar. I am currently living in central Asia and have lived in the middle east, asia, and the far east for over 12 years and counting. When I left for the states a few days ago to spend Christmas with the family, my Islamic friends threw me a Christmas party. They didn't have an issue with me being Christian nor did my Jewish friends when I lived there. Ultimately it boils down to respect for different cultures. When you give it, you receive it. With few exceptions, it is as simple as that.

Merry Christmas

Actually, I don't see the reverse holding true. I never go into a game thinking we're going to lose. I might have to eat crow if I were predicting a win and bragging to an opposing fan.

Imagine for a moment that you had a daughter in a beauty pageant... Would you predict to everyone around you that you knew she was going to lose? Hey, maybe because she's just not that talented or not really that pretty or kinda dumb or had a really bad coach. Who knows why you didn't think enough of her to stand behind her. Maybe you're just being realistic. But hey, you're willing to eat crow if she wins. No problem there, right. *caw* *caw* lol

Perceptions change when it becomes personal. I think this is why negativity hurts people like you and me (and several other posters here) while others who are not lovers of the program care much less when disparaging remarks are made about the program, coaches and players.

May the good Lord take a liking to you. Remember Jesus is the reasen for the season. Merry Christmas Lady Vol's fans.

Reactions: 4 people
All I want for Christmas is for the Lady Vols to play like they are capable of playing. If that happens there will be few negative comments, however, you will never get 100% positive comments even if Holly won the national championship.

I largely agree and think this is a fair assessment. It's similar to what almost everyone including myself has posted.

Perhaps the LVs could start the game without the other team 5 minutes early (points scored don't count) and then they will have the 5 bad minutes out of the way when the game really starts!?

As noted in another thread -- can we leave the politics for another time and place? I don't come here to partake in liberal bashing or conservative trashing; I come here to read about Vols sports and argue about THAT. 😉

Reactions: 6 people
In a positive vein, The Washington Post today mentions the loss of Pat Summit as one of the bad things of 2016. (see video)

And we all say, "Amen!"

VN Store

Back