Can we have a positive thread

I know it's the softer side of sports news, but several Lady Vols visited Sunnyview Primary school this week to talk about Keeping Focused.

Great pic of little girl with Russell. You know, it's probably the tallest woman the girl will ever meet.

My heart just exploded. Love. 💙😍🏀✨

I think the team is learning and improving each week. The only thing that really counts is the record in March. And they need to use these games to be ready for then. The recruits have lots of respect for us and we should have another great team next year.

Thanks, Charlie. I appreciate your comment.

Reactions: 1 person
I know it's the softer side of sports news, but several Lady Vols visited Sunnyview Primary school this week to talk about Keeping Focused.

Great pic of little girl with Russell. You know, it's probably the tallest woman the girl will ever meet.

Are Russell's untied shoes on wrong feet?? (left-right, right-left, backwards,,, don't know how to explain this, either way some of us wise posters will jump me with both feet)

That's an opinion, not a fact.

of our last five games. I think that constitutes not being good. We were not good last year, though we played a couple of good games in the tournament before losing badly to louisville, and we are not good this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Research and researchers as well as scientists can believe what they will as do I ......have a nice Christmas .It is in honor of Christ with whom I certainly believe in.

Whether someone is an atheist, Jew, Muslim, pagan, Buddhist, or some other faith, that difference does not effect or constrain your ability to be a Christian. The "War on Christmas" is a creation of Fox news, designed to spark outrage in their viewership and drive ratings. The fact that Christianity is the dominant religion in the United States is why some try to make a point of inclusion for minority religions. That is not a war; it just making the world feel a little more welcoming for those who do have different faiths. And, is such an action not consistent with the Christian spirit of Christmas?

Oh, and the BBC link did not question Christianity or Christian beliefs. It just provided some historical context on the very human and political motives that have shaped the rituals employed by religion institutions. The argument is that, though Christ was most likely born in the Summer months, the Roman Catholic church moved the celebration of his birth to the Winter solstice time to co-opt very well established pagan rituals, thereby expanding the church's influence over the general public. If you're saying faith can't withstand a little history of the church (as an institution run by real people with real agendas), well anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Ramadan, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Saturnalia.

Reactions: 3 people
Whether someone is an atheist, Jew, Muslim, pagan, Buddhist, or some other faith, that difference does not effect or constrain your ability to be a Christian. The "War on Christmas" is a creation of Fox news, designed to spark outrage in their viewership and drive ratings. The fact that Christianity is the dominant religion in the United States is why some try to make a point of inclusion for minority religions. That is not a war; it just making the world feel a little more welcoming for those who do have different faiths. And, is such an action not consistent with the Christian spirit of Christmas?

Oh, and the BBC link did not question Christianity or Christian beliefs. It just provided some historical context on the very human and political motives that have shaped the rituals employed by religion institutions. The argument is that, though Christ was most likely born in the Summer months, the Roman Catholic church moved the celebration of his birth to the Winter solstice time to co-opt very well established pagan rituals, thereby expanding the church's influence over the general public. If you're saying faith can't withstand a little history of the church (as an institution run by real people with real agendas), well anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Merry Ramadan, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Saturnalia.

I read the damn article and let me set you straight on a couple of things .!st Fox News did not create the WAR on Christmas it's is people like you who have done that sad deed.2nd ,the celebration of Christmas does not have a history that has tracks back to celebrations that smack of Satanic worship .And a Merry Christmas to you no matter what you worship.

Inclusion is through acknowledgement of other religious holidays and having appropriate channels in place to allow them to celebrate. It doesn't mean being forced to celebrate in secrecy, lest others become "offended"

I lived in the Middle East for nearly a decade. During Ramadan, I attended my fair share of Iftar feasts even though I was a Catholic. I never expressed outrage that my holidays weren't celebrated and never demanded that they stop greeting me with "Ramadan Kareem" because I was not Muslim. And at work on Christmas Day (which was a regular working day), my non-Christian co-workers were not protesting when our CEO sent out a mass email wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

That is what inclusion and tolerance is, not this leftist bullsh1t we see here where Christians cannot celebrate their holidays without some @sshole crying that they are offended.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS.!

Reactions: 6 people
I read the damn article and let me set you straight on a couple of things .!st Fox News did not create the WAR on Christmas it's is people like you who have done that sad deed.2nd ,the celebration of Christmas does not have a history that has tracks back to celebrations that smack of Satanic worship .And a Merry Christmas to you no matter what you worship.

People like me? Oooh, yes is it a deep all encompassing conspiracy. Me and Starbucks, Bwhawahahahahah!

Actually, the pre-Christians had no concept of Satan- that is a Christian formulation.

But here are some more houghts from a fellow devil worshippin', liberal-communist, pinko treehuggin', intellectual elite. You should be scared! We, carrying our happy holiday starbucks cup, are coming for your guns, we are gonna ban your christian beliefs, and make your daughters marry Ellen.

https://hbr.org/2016/12/how-fox-news-created-the-war-on-christmas

People like me? How Christian of you.

But, when you are right, you are right. I am part of the grand all encompassing conspiracy: Me, Starbucks, Disney, and Bill Maher,and Bill Nye-- Bwhawahahahahaha!

So, here is another Satanic verse from a fellow devil worshippin', liberal-communist, pinko treehuggin', intellectual elite. You should be scared! We write historical analyses, we think critically and of course, carrying our happy holiday Starbucks cup, WE ARE coming for your guns, your christian beliefs, and we will make your daughters marry Ellen.

Happy Holidays :devilsmoke:

Last edited:
Happy Holidays to you too, madtownvol.:)

And a Merry Christmas to all the Christians of Vol Nation. :good!:

#BeNice

Jaime and Cedes are already on a good roll. Alexa is joining them. DD woke up,,,, now if they can keep her awake....All we need get the rest of them onboard and its LV BB again.

Add in the current coaching and that would put them right at mediocre...

Inclusion is through acknowledgement of other religious holidays and having appropriate channels in place to allow them to celebrate. It doesn't mean being forced to celebrate in secrecy, lest others become "offended"

I lived in the Middle East for nearly a decade. During Ramadan, I attended my fair share of Iftar feasts even though I was a Catholic. I never expressed outrage that my holidays weren't celebrated and never demanded that they stop greeting me with "Ramadan Kareem" because I was not Muslim. And at work on Christmas Day (which was a regular working day), my non-Christian co-workers were not protesting when our CEO sent out a mass email wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

That is what inclusion and tolerance is, not this leftist bullsh1t we see here where Christians cannot celebrate their holidays without some @sshole crying that they are offended.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS.!
I have no problem with inclusion but I do have a problem with those who try to change the meaning of Christmas and even cringe at the mention of Christmas.I do not cast aspersions on other religious holidays and ask that others do not cast aspersions on Christ and Christmas.Merry Christmas to you also.

People like me? How Christian of you.

But, when you are right, you are right. I am part of the grand all encompassing conspiracy: Me, Starbucks, Disney, and Bill Maher,and Bill Nye-- Bwhawahahahahaha!

So, here is another Satanic verse from a fellow devil worshippin', liberal-communist, pinko treehuggin', intellectual elite. You should be scared! We write historical analyses, we think critically and of course, carrying our happy holiday Starbucks cup, WE ARE coming for your guns, your christian beliefs, and we will make your daughters marry Ellen.

Happy Holidays :devilsmoke:

Well bless your little pea-picking-politically correct heart.I will put a present under my Christmas tree for you.

So MERRY CHRISTMAS.!
I will also add this.I have spent Christmas in Vietnam during the war twice in 1965 and 1967 and also celebrated TET with my South Vietnamese brothers in arms ;I have spent Christmas in Iraq and celebrated Ramadan with my fellow Iraqi brothers in arms;I have spent Christmas in Antarctica and celebrated Christmas with all who wanted such celebrations from McMurdo Station to Byrd Station to South Pole Station;I have spent Christmas in Germany and celebrated Christmas with my German friends;I have celebrated Christmas in New Zealand and celebrated Christmas with my Kiwi friends;by the way in all those instances I was serving in the Army and working on Christmas day often under fire.I have fought for people to have the right for " inclusion " whatever that means to you .I have also fought for the right to celebrate Christmas without others casting aspersions on Christ and Christmas .I have every respect for other religions and religious Holidays.If I have offended you in any way I apologize but in no way will I apologize for the meaning of Christmas. So here's to you and your family .....Merry Christmas.

Reactions: 5 people
I've spent Xmas with Wifey's crazy brothers, so top that. Talk about living on da wild side. ;)

And in the Good news from Central Florida department, we got confirmation yesterday that the littlest gule has been accepted to Stetson University for 2017 if he so desires and is eligible for their "faculty" scholarship for 4 years which could amount to @ $100,000 dollars.. Boy, I bet the red tape on that would choke a whale?

the twerp is dual enrolled now in PHSC, our local college.

Guess we didn't need to save all that college fund money after all for the past 17 years. lol.

That was his 1st confirmation. Wifey wants him to be a gator, :(

inclusion is through acknowledgement of other religious holidays and having appropriate channels in place to allow them to celebrate. It doesn't mean being forced to celebrate in secrecy, lest others become "offended"

i lived in the middle east for nearly a decade. During ramadan, i attended my fair share of iftar feasts even though i was a catholic. I never expressed outrage that my holidays weren't celebrated and never demanded that they stop greeting me with "ramadan kareem" because i was not muslim. And at work on christmas day (which was a regular working day), my non-christian co-workers were not protesting when our ceo sent out a mass email wishing everyone a merry christmas.

That is what inclusion and tolerance is, not this leftist bullsh1t we see here where christians cannot celebrate their holidays without some @sshole crying that they are offended.

So merry christmas.!

Amen, amb!

And in the Good news from Central Florida department, we got confirmation yesterday that the littlest gule has been accepted to Stetson University for 2017 if he so desires and is eligible for their "faculty" scholarship for 4 years which could amount to @ $100,000 dollars.. Boy, I bet the red tape on that would choke a whale?

the twerp is dual enrolled now in PHSC, our local college.

Guess we didn't need to save all that college fund money after all for the past 17 years. lol.

That was his 1st confirmation. Wifey wants him to be a gator, :(

Congrats and Merry Christmas to you since your gifts have arrived early this year ;and what gifts they were.

VN Store

Back