Can the SEC East return to power?

Well UGA and USCjr will have a new QB and that's it in the east. Next year will be interesting because I think UF, UT, and VU (yes they will be 4-8 instead of 3-9 :) ) will be improving while I see UGA, USCjr, and Mizzou sliding south a little more. UK will be about the same I think and people may question UGA but having to break in a new QB plus losing some 5 starters on both sides of the ball will hurt them. They are still the best team in the east IMO. Should be an interesting year in 2015

As long as UT keeps recruiting well, the next two years should see the re-emergence of UT and UF as power players in the East, along wih UGA. But the West is likely to remain the stronger division for a while. West teams have had years to rebuild and have experience and depth. As long as Bama can keep reloading top players into Saban's system, they're going to have an advantage.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some changes in SECw coaches this year, though, and that could shake things up a bit.

I think this team is prime to take the east next year.

The idea that Michigan would be interested in Mark Stoops or Butch Jones is crazy talk. Michigan wants a known commodity with a solid winning record above the mid-major level. They don't want to call somebody up like we've done twice now. And they certainly wouldn't want Butch's staff, some of whom we'd like to shuck.

It will be interesting to see who SCAR goes after when Spurrier leaves. He's beginning to get that "let me outta here" look he had before bolting DC.

that doesn't mean coaches are going to want to go into that. We may perceive Michigan as a better job than Tennessee, but they probably think the opposite.

VN Store

Back