Can Mostella run point so Richardson

Mostella is built like Isiah Thomas. They showed him standing at the foul line and he looked like an Isiah Thomas clone

At the risk of sounding like a sunshine pumper toward players fam, I thought McGhee played really well. He is a ball hawk and again once he puts on some lbs and he figures out how to leverage that to gain space he's gonna be a really nice player. Hell, at the very least he was one of the few to knock down a free throw tonight.

Awwww Lefteye, you're good sunshine pumper. Lol. Just kidding but you're absolutely right. When he puts on the pounds he's gonna give 'me he'll!

I told y'all, my boy ain't no push over.

At the risk of sounding like a sunshine pumper toward players fam, I thought McGhee played really well. He is a ball hawk and again once he puts on some lbs and he figures out how to leverage that to gain space he's gonna be a really nice player. Hell, at the very least he was one of the few to knock down a free throw tonight.

He's not scared. That's half the battle.

So we should stay the guy at PG that finished with 0 assists. Not to mention very few passes of any kind... period. I am not bashing him. His physical talent and shot has a very high ceiling. His skill set/mindset is just not a good fit for PG right now.

Punter should be the point, 7 assists and 2 turnovers against a very disruptive defense, impressive IMO. Let Mostella play the 2, Richardson the 3, bring Hubbs and Baulkman off the bench at the wing.

Jmo

Punter should be the point, 7 assists and 2 turnovers against a very disruptive defense, impressive IMO. Let Mostella play the 2, Richardson the 3, bring Hubbs and Baulkman off the bench at the wing.

Jmo

I agree. Let Mostella concentrate on scoring. Don't burden him with trying to run the team. Maybe next year, but not now. This team really needs his offense.

Tough that Josh had 7 turnovers three or four were certainly questionable. I think we need Punter and Chiles to run the point with Mostella, Richardson, hopefully Baulkman, still don't know about Hubbs on the wings. Punter has to be able to do the job at the point Richardson and Mostella are our best scorers. Woodson can be dominating inside as well we just have to get him the ball in good position.

can get back in position? They gotta get Josh back on the wing and get him in more aggressive scoring positions..

Thoughts?

I was thinking same thing. Richardson is a scoring machine and PG is definitely not the best position to utilize his talents. Even if someone just brings it up and throws it to him that's okay, but get him back to SG ASAP. He has 25+ last night in his proper position. He was the best athlete on the floor.

There are pieces to this puzzle that can eventually work, but defensive intensity, point guard play have to improve first.

Punter,Mostella, JRich, McGhee & Woodson may end up being the starters. Reese is not a starter and Hubbs has to step up his game.The Bench has to produce.

Reactions: 1 person
Punter,Mostella, JRich, McGhee & Woodson may end up being the starters. Reese is not a starter and Hubbs has to step up his game.The Bench has to produce.

I'm trying to figure out why Willie Carmichael has disappeared. I thought he'd be the guy instead of McGhee.

Sly, I love your starting line-up. I was thinking the same thing. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to figure out why Willie Carmichael has disappeared. I thought he'd be the guy instead of McGhee.

Ikr. A lot people felt like that. But I kept telling y'all that my boy plays the game with heart and passion.

When he's on the court in a real game he's a BEAST! He's small in statue (compared to most) but plays like a big man. And...Pardon my English....he ain't NEVER scared!

Time to sit Reese's a$$ on the bench for good, he was VCU's best player. At least if this is gonna be a rebuilding season then play McGhee or Carmichael over him, Reese is a lost cause.

IMO...starting 5 should be Punter, Mostella,
Richardson, Moore and Woodson. Hubbs still showing a ton of rust and Mostella looked 100x better, offensively and defensively IMO.
I'd agree with your starting 5, but Richie playing out of position with 7 TOs was more of a spark for VCU than Reese. I also like McGhee over Reese.

Supposedly was battling the flu bug for a bit, she had some issues coming back from it. Would love to see us be able to redshirt Owens but I doubt that happens.

I would start Punter at point guard and move Richardson to small forward while giving Mostella a shot at shooting guard and have Hubbs come off the bench to spell Mostella.

VN Store

Back