Call of Duty: Black Ops III (11/6)

I might, but the ship has largely sailed for me on COD multiplayer, and has been for several years. I think the first Black Ops was the last one that I really enjoyed. I figured I'd give this one a shot hoping they'd gone back to some of the things that made the gameplay a few years ago so good, but they seem hell bent on continuing to go the other way and make the game play even FASTER. If you guys ever need somebody to play zombies with though, I'm definitely down.

I understand the feel of being burned by this franchise for the past couple of years or so. I doubt I play Zombies or the campaign, but if I do I'll hit you up.

I understand the feel of being burned by this franchise for the past couple of years or so. I doubt I play Zombies or the campaign, but if I do I'll hit you up.

I wouldn't really say I feel burned by it. The multiplayer is largely what I expected after the last several years. It's just an element of this franchise that doesn't really appeal to me all that much anymore. Hopefully one day some big time shooter will find a happy medium between the OCD style gameplay that Call Of Duty has evolved into and the ultra-slow style of the Battlefield franchise where you spend more time trying to get to the fighting than you do actually fighting.

Like I posted earlier, I mainly bought this for the zombie mode, but after a few matches of multiplayer, I can confidently say that portion of the game thoroughly sucks. I don't understand why all the COD devs flat out refuse to lower the distance and accuracy of SMG's but I guess I'll just give up hoping that they ever will. Every match is exactly the same. Everyone just sprints around nonstop with an SMG. There is no place in this game for tactical or cautious play. Just run constantly and twitch fire when you encounter an enemy.

Didn't really encounter this. Plenty of people sitting back in the matches I played.

Playing alone will get you your ass kicked more often than not, especially up against groups of friends. I hate that you didn't have fun. Play with us sometime, maybe you'll feel differently.

I was in a group of six before everyone started to have server issues and we were flat destroying the competition. When it got down to two of us, it wasn't nearly as fun.

I was in a group of six before everyone started to have server issues and we were flat destroying the competition. When it got down to two of us, it wasn't nearly as fun.

Absolutely. COD is unplayable alone unless you have infinite patience.

I wouldn't really say I feel burned by it. The multiplayer is largely what I expected after the last several years. It's just an element of this franchise that doesn't really appeal to me all that much anymore. Hopefully one day some big time shooter will find a happy medium between the OCD style gameplay that Call Of Duty has evolved into and the ultra-slow style of the Battlefield franchise where you spend more time trying to get to the fighting than you do actually fighting.

I understand that.

Playing alone will get you your ass kicked more often than not, especially up against groups of friends. I hate that you didn't have fun. Play with us sometime, maybe you'll feel differently.

what do you play on, GBO? PS4 or Xbox1?

So how does the team work play out in this game if you have a group? Of course in battlefield we just start a squad prior to the match and your squad is green as opposed to the blue teammates that aren't in the squad. Do you just start the game in a party or what?

So how does the team work play out in this game if you have a group? Of course in battlefield we just start a squad prior to the match and your squad is green as opposed to the blue teammates that aren't in the squad. Do you just start the game in a party or what?

Yeah. It's much smaller than BF if you haven't played cod. Typically 6v6.

Same as COD has been forever. Start a party of up to 6 and join games against 6 other people.

Thinking of getting it. Seems like it'll some getting used to. Wow 6 v 6. Played BF forever. The matches will seem weird with only 12 total lol. I'm guessing the perks and stuff are cool on here though.

The reviews are some of the best I've seen for a CoD game in years.

Add that to the ridiculous moon jumping being toned down and it looks like we have a playable CoD game.

Thinking of getting it. Seems like it'll some getting used to. Wow 6 v 6. Played BF forever. The matches will seem weird with only 12 total lol. I'm guessing the perks and stuff are cool on here though.

You've never played a COD?! They're a lot different than BF. You have to play with a team though or you'll always be with the terrible randoms and you'll get frustrated and possibly break something.

With a full team you'll more than likely run a train.

I'm a big fan of blops 1. I think limited sprint brings a little more strategy and realism to the game.

Plus quick scope is still in the game, that **** pisses me off

Yeah I also miss when these games were slower, but this isn't anywhere near as fast as AW. That was unplayable with my slow ass sensitivity setting.

The smaller teams are easily offset by the fact that even a "big" COD map is probably 1/10 the size of most Battlefield maps. The action will be much more fast paced. If you get matched up against people who know what they're doing, 10-15 second lives aren't uncommon.

Anyone playing right now? Wife woke me up can't go back to sleep.

I'm doing a 12 hour video game marathon with the kids at my school for "Extra Life" but our school's Internet connection won't allow me to play COD or I would. Longest 12 hours ever, needless to say.

I'm doing a 12 hour video game marathon with the kids at my school for "Extra Life" but our school's Internet connection won't allow me to play COD or I would. Longest 12 hours ever, needless to say.

I did Extra Life last year. 24 hour grind haha. It was great though raising money for the kids. Skipping this year since I have a 9 month old but will be doing it next year.

VN Store

Back