Calipari's replacement?

Didn't Phil fulmer?

Fulmer was 10 seasons removed from a title and had a losing record/missed a bowl game in 2 of his final 4 seasons. Tubby was only 2 seasons removed from an Elite 8 to go along with his national title and he was still winning. At least Tubby had recent success to go with his title. Fulmer had a 5-7 record in his final season.

If I were Kentucky or Duke and had an opening, I'd go after Brad Stevens. I could also see Shaka Smart as someone I'd want.

Unless you believe Brad Stevens is still at Butler, I don't know what makes you believe he'd leave the Boston Celtics after one season to go to Duke or Kentucky. I hate Boston sports but the Celtics have one of the richest histories in all of sports and I'm guessing living in Boston is a little more desirable than living in the states of Kentucky and North Carolina. I'd poo poo in my panties if Brad Stevens bailed on the Celtics for a college gig after one season.

And Pearl didn't do that here? His "valid" point was that Tennessee is too good to hire a sleazeball. Considering that 80% of VN wanted Pearl back a couple weeks ago, that's pretty laughable.

No... laughable is you cheering for Tennessee in football and Duke in basketball. I can't stand bandwagon fans. Tennessee's has traditionally been a power house in football while Duke has been a power house in basketball. And vice versa. Tennessee hasn't been very good in basketball and Duke very good in football. Good job picking two schools that are power house in their respective sport. Now that's laughable.

In what ways is Calipari a "known cheater?"

I think it's telling that you used "known" and not "proven."

In what way is Pearl a cheater? Unless you believe an invite to your daughter's graduation and a couple burgers will put you over the top to land a recruit. What will put you over the top is signing a DPOY based on him receiving cash and the top player in the country getting into school because someone else took his tests. If you don't think Calipari knew, I have a gold watch I'd like to sell you. It turns your wrist green but it's real gold, I promise. If Calipari knew, which he did, that makes him a liar too and that's all Pearl is guilty of. On top of Calipari being a liar, it would also means he condones paying players and cheating. At least all of Southern Indiana, UW-Milwaukee, and Tennessee's accomplishments still stand. A national title for S. Indiana State, a Sweet 16 appearance for Milwaukee and an Elite 8 appearance for Tennessee. That's as far as all of those schools have ever gone and they get to keep that. Ask UMass and Memphis fans how they're enjoying that final 4 and championship appearance. The ones that record books don't recognize. If that's an indication of what's to come, Calipari's championship will be vacated because his biggest accomplishments at the past two schools were vacated as well.

No... laughable is you cheering for Tennessee in football and Duke in basketball. I can't stand bandwagon fans. Tennessee's has traditionally been a power house in football while Duke has been a power house in basketball. And vice versa. Tennessee hasn't been very good in basketball and Duke very good in football. Good job picking two schools that are power house in their respective sport. Now that's laughable.

This one's easy: I went to Duke. I cheer for them in every sport because they're my alma mater. Thank you for explaining to me that Duke is good at basketball, though; real hard-hitting analysis.

The ones that record books don't recognize. If that's an indication of what's to come, Calipari's championship will be vacated because his biggest accomplishments at the past two schools were vacated as well.

Vacated because of who? Calipari? Because both times it wasn't caused by him, but by players. Camby accepted money, the NCAA cleared Cal. Rose cheats on a test.

Maybe Cal did know about some of the shenanigans before they became publicly known. Yes, he'd be a liar for that. But I've never heard anything about that. Plenty of coaches lie so I don't know.

What will put you over the top is signing a DPOY based on him receiving cash

This makes me think you don't have even the first clue what happened at UMass. But you wouldn't write an angry wall of text without even knowing the facts, would you?

But you wouldn't write an angry wall of text without even knowing the facts, would you?

And certainly not on VN! Rants aren't a popular thing here at all!

edit: Oh yeah...and facts are optional on VN. Can't forget that.

Vacated because of who? Calipari? Because both times it wasn't caused by him, but by players. Camby accepted money, the NCAA cleared Cal. Rose cheats on a test.

Maybe Cal did know about some of the shenanigans before they became publicly known. Yes, he'd be a liar for that. But I've never heard anything about that. Plenty of coaches lie so I don't know.

How about the fact UK passed over him during their previous coaching search because they believed him to be dirty? Oh well after you sucked for a few years you said no he is good now.

How about the fact UK passed over him during their previous coaching search because they believed him to be dirty? Oh well after you sucked for a few years you said no he is good now.

I definitely think if UK hadn't been in the clunker, they wouldn't have touched a guy whose program was being investigated.

VN Store

Back