Calipari's replacement?

If he leaves its because he's tired of the stress of the one and done players who treat him and the university like the pit stop they have become.

Frankly, I think there is a good chance they win this thing. And what it will do more than anything else is reaffirm that the NBA and its 82 game schedule and all the lead up is utterly fraudulent.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude we define class.

Lane Kiffin, Derek Dooley, Bruce Pearl, Todd Raleigh.

Pearl won though, so it was cool.

I may be wrong, but I don't remember any of these coaches having to forfeit games because of cheating.

With Calipari you don't know if the games are going to count or not.

If he leaves its because he's tired of the stress of the one and done players who treat him and the university like the pit stop they have become.

Frankly, I think there is a good chance they win this thing. And what it will do more than anything else is reaffirm that the NBA and its 82 game schedule and all the lead up is utterly fraudulent.

Fraudulent?

I can see calling it long or boring or a waste of time, but fraudulent?

If I were Kentucky or Duke and had an opening, I'd go after Brad Stevens. I could also see Shaka Smart as someone I'd want.

I looked up NBA coaches salaries and Cal right now would be the second highest paid coach (behind Greg Popovich) in the league. You can say what you want about the stress and the media and haters but at the end of the day Cal cashes checks that gross $220,000.00 every two weeks…I imagine that makes it a little easier to put up with the stress.

More importantly Brad Calipari is going to be a senior next year at Lexington Catholic - there is no way Cal leaves UK before Brad's senior season.

I may be wrong, but I don't remember any of these coaches having to forfeit games because of cheating.

With Calipari you don't know if the games are going to count or not.

I don't remember Cal getting fired for cheating and lying to his bosses about it. I may be wrong though

I don't remember Cal getting fired for cheating and lying to his bosses about it. I may be wrong though

He had a valid point. The only thing Cal has left his previous universities are vacated wins and probations.

He had a valid point. The only thing Cal has left his previous universities are vacated wins and probations.

And Pearl didn't do that here? His "valid" point was that Tennessee is too good to hire a sleazeball. Considering that 80% of VN wanted Pearl back a couple weeks ago, that's pretty laughable.

Either way, this sounds a lot like sour grapes to me. "Kentucky is more successful in basketball than we are, but they're only good because they're not classy like us." I'm sure we would love Calipari at UT, just as thousands of idiots still love Pearl.

Why would he leave? I mean where in the hell is there to go except the NBA? UK is at the top of the blueblood programs in basketball. You can't really go higher.

Why would he leave? I mean where in the hell is there to go except the NBA? UK is at the top of the blueblood programs in basketball. You can't really go higher.

I haven't weighed in but I believe UK to be Cal's last stop. Coaching at UK ages a man. He has been up to the task, earned the money, and can retire early as a hero in UK lore.

You can find another coach but not like him. He falls right behind Knight imo.

VN Store

Back