Cade Mays

I am not on Twitter but someone who is needs to send this to Currie - get their damn attention. If this class was what was giving Butch a sliver of hope in staying here- that is now unwinding quickly. Do something UT!

I hate to say it but I really cannot blame him. The OL coaching here is putrid and has been since Butch arrived. I am sure Mays wants to play for a program that gives him a chance to win big and get into the NFL. He just doesnt have either one of those here at mediocre U.

There will more. Players read message boards. They see the hate being spewed at the Butch Jones, and even his wife.

Some current players will also be transferring. Do you want to lose Trey Smith? It's possible.

Tennessee will be in another 5 year rebuilding plan if Butch is fired.

Tennessee will be in a 20 year rebuild plan if LBJ is kept.

I am not on Twitter but someone who is needs to send this to Currie - get their damn attention. If this class was what was giving Butch a sliver of hope in staying here- that is now unwinding quickly. Do something UT!

Currie has been getting lit up on Twitter since Saturday.

The only way to save this class is to fire Butch. Not with a no name coach either. Currie has a chance to make a strong point to the rest of the SEC,also could set Tennessee back many years.

He's not firing Butch without permission. Grow up.

Did you ride one of those little short buses when you went to school? A strong AD would have started rallying support for a decision after the Florida game and would have had all the pieces in place and ready after the UMASS embarrassment. If Blackburn were here, Butch would be gone already.

The only way to save this class is to fire Butch. Not with a no name coach either. Currie has a chance to make a strong point to the rest of the SEC,also could set Tennessee back many years.

Spot on! Perform on your gone. This happens in the real world.. why should college be any different t

Opening up his recruitment doesn't necessarily mean he won't sign with us. It just means he probably wants to wait and see who replaces Butch Jones, that's all. I don't blame him (if true). I'd probably do the same thing.

This is exactly correct. I would consider it foolish not to open up now to secure a spot somewhere I really wanted to go. I know he loved Clemson and the coaches there. He can always flip back later if he feels good about where UT is.

I would question the intelligence of any sought after recruit who doesn't open up his recruitment in a situation like this.

He's not firing Butch without permission. Grow up.

Beverly Davenport said in an interview with Finebaum on Friday that she hired Currie to handle everything related to sports. If he came to her and said that he needed something that they would make it happen. At least that's how I took her response to the questioning.

Did you ride one of those little short buses when you went to school? A strong AD would have started rallying support for a decision after the Florida game and would have had all the pieces in place and ready after the UMASS embarrassment. If Blackburn were here, Butch would be gone already.

I'm sorry you are not intelligent enough to know how this works. Currie just can't fire Butch. Sure he's AD but he can't do it on his own.

You can't fix stupid.

VN Store

Back