Cade Mays

The "who ya gonna get" argument rings hollow at this point. The ship is sinking. The UTAD needs to get Butch out now to send a message that they are committed to finding the right guy. That's the smart play, IMO.
Yup, fire Butch, install an interim, and let the coaching search begin. We are one of the most attractive destinations in CFB. Coaches WILL be interested.

Opening up his recruitment doesn't necessarily mean he won't sign with us. It just means he probably wants to wait and see who replaces Butch Jones, that's all. I don't blame him (if true). I'd probably do the same thing.

It would be devastating. This isnt some kids from out of nowhere committing to UT. This is a kid that is a 5 star NFL talent, life long vols fan. This kid wavering should be major news.

I dont follow recruiting at all, like none and even i know this kid.

Yup, fire Butch, install an interim, and let the coaching search begin. We are one of the most attractive destinations in CFB. Coaches WILL be interested.

Fire Butch then immediately throw the bank at Kelly. No search needed

To all of those saying its better to wait until the end of the season to cut Butch....
this is why I disagree!!!
get a name in that the recruits can get excited about. make them wanna join the big orange.

stalling the Jones firing and hiring a mid major "with promise" isn't going to cut it

Yeah, You can't do that now with the December Signing Day!!

Those days of waiting till the end of the season is over to fire coaches is over!

But... but... firing Jones would destroy the recruiting class, right?

Rumor: set to announce decommit / open recruitment per Jon Reed on Twitter

:eek:lol:
What's your agenda ? Nothing better to do ? Even if the tweet does exist it's one of our opponents attempting to divide Vol Nation as has been attempted repeatedly this year. You have tipped your hand pal. While I'm at it, both Corvin and Martinez were in attendance for the UGA game and came away feeling positive about their visit. Good try chump.

There will more. Players read message boards. They see the hate being spewed at the Butch Jones, and even his wife.

Some current players will also be transferring. Do you want to lose Trey Smith? It's possible.

Tennessee will be in another 5 year rebuilding plan if Butch is fired.

Last edited:
It is in the RF that Cade won't come here as long as Butch is coach. Butch has been exposed for what many of us were afraid of. A salesman in way over his head here. But keep on delaying UT... we won't have any damn players or recruits left by the time they finally make a move!

What's your agenda ? Nothing better to do ? Even if the tweet does exist it's one of our opponents attempting to divide Vol Nation as has been attempted repeatedly this year. You have tipped your hand pal. While I'm at it, both Corvin and Martinez were in attendance for the UGA game and came away feeling positive about their visit. Good try chump.

We're they blindfolded?

You can look it up yourself bro, there's more than one person saying this now. I did start the post off by saying "rumor". TIFWIW

Not sure where you think Jon Reed is one of our opponents?

[twitter]https://twitter.com/Jon__Reed/status/914924233041604608[/twitter]

Seems you are the one with an agenda here.

Recruits see the writing on the wall. Currie will screw this up and this class will utterly fall apart.

If Currie allows us to lose a guy like Mays, then he can pack his bags along with Butch and hit the freaking road.

I have a question about Butch's contract. Does he have a clause in there that he has to be notified that he is going to be terminated 10 days prior? Just asking this because of other coach firings taking place right now (Pitino). He had that clause in his contract, just curious if Butch has something similar. If that's the case, then they should notify him now.

VN Store

Back