'25 CA WR Marcus Harris

Marcus Harris made it into town on Saturday and was able to spend time with the staff and take in Tennessee’s win over Alabama on the hardwood. “I enjoyed everything,” Harris said of what he enjoyed about his first look at Tennessee. “Getting to talk to the coaches on staff and getting to go to the basketball game was all nice.” With it being his first trip to Rocky Top, the atmosphere at Saturday’s SEC basketball clash against Alabama impressed him.
“They have been scouting me and recruiting me for a long time, so I have been able to talk to them for a long time, and they know me,” he said. “That is really good to know they have been watching me since my freshman year, and it is just good to get to have that conversation (in-person) with them.” He already had a strong relationship with wide receivers coach Kelsey Pope coming into the visit, as the two have connected well over the course of this recruitment.
That is my guy,” Harris said of Pope. “He is always cracking jokes and talking to me. He has been able to come to some of my practices and watch me. He is a young guy and it is easier to connect with him. Every time he watches my film, he tells me what I did good and what I need to work on.” “It does not matter how far,” Harris said. “I just want to go play and am blessed to be able to go anywhere in the country and play Division 1 football.”
“It does a lot,” Harris said of this. “I could be back here for an official visit. I am just happy to get down here because I haven’t been able to. I see a lot of connections to California. That is good to know because a lot of schools don’t recruit heavily California guys, so I feel like this is a school I can call him because they do.”
-VQ

Nico should be able to get some of his home state cronies to come and play here.
remains to be seen. There was a bunch of Cali dudes for 2024 that we recruited hard, but missed on all of the...

only a last second offer to a TE we ended up getting. But there were at least 10 guys we recruited from Cali

This kid is linked to Gmac and Bru (mater dei).
But i have a good feeling about this one

remains to be seen. There was a bunch of Cali dudes for 2024 that we recruited hard, but missed on all of the...

only a last second offer to a TE we ended up getting. But there were at least 10 guys we recruited from Cali

This kid is linked to Gmac and Bru (mater dei).
But i have a good feeling about this one
I would like to think Austin wouldn't go out of his way to show this post unless we had a shot. But you never can tell.

From Rivals:

Tennessee is going to make a run at the four-star receiver from Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei and the attention he got from the coaches over the weekend could really help the Vols. So could playing with five-star QB Nico Iamaleava.
From coach Josh Heupel to position coach Kelsey Pope to offensive coordinator Joey Halzle, Harris hit it off with all of them.

But many other schools might have a slighter edge at this point with Oregon, Texas, Ole Miss and Alabama on that list.

VN Store

Back