'25 CA WR Marcus Harris

This kid is another one of those super sophomores that Mater Dei had this past season. Made big plays all year.

Ran a 11.1 in the 100 meter as 9th grader last May.

Definitely a 10.8 guy right now imo.
He's perfectly fit for what we do offensively

Another touted pass-catcher that plans to check out Tennessee again is Marcus Harris. He will be in town for the South Carolina game. He visited during the spring and has been intrigued with the Tennessee offense since. It is tough to pull prospects out of California and Harris will be no different, but getting him to campus again is a start.
-VQ

Some things:
Played with a subpar QB in Elijah Brown at Mater Dei,
More quick than fast (but decent straight line field speed too)
Strong hands
Good route runner and plays with a chip on his shoulder

Heś not being heavily recruited because heś a small but NOT an explosively fast WR.
This junior day is important for him.

Good football player but wont wow you with his measurables. Hasnt gotten any faster since his freshman season.

I still hope Tennessee takes him because he reminds me of Cedric Wilson.

Some things:
Strong hands

Heś not being heavily recruited because heś a small but NOT an explosively fast WR.

Good football player but wont wow you with his measurables. Hasnt gotten any faster since his freshman season.

Ahhhh you won me with Cedric Wilson. Me and his brother Monte were best friends coming up, Elix Wilson was a few years older and grew up with him as well. Ced Wilson was a God to us out of Melrose during the Coach T days(hence my screen name Orange Mound Vol). That’s who made me a Vols fan, good sh*t.

Ahhhh you won me with Cedric Wilson. Me and his brother Monte were best friends coming up, Elix Wilson was a few years older and grew up with him as well. Ced Wilson was a God to us out of Melrose during the Coach T days(hence my screen name Orange Mound Vol). That’s who made me a Vols fan, good sh*t.
Those Melrose teams/Coach Thompson were ahead of their time. I graduated HS in 96...playing football in those days, you kept up with everything, everywhere (being in middle TN, The Tennesseean was all we had...that, and the Coach T (different Coach T) magazine that previewed the season). That passing attack, led by Wilson was off the charts, and for Ced to switch to WR at UT, and not skip a beat...one of my all time favorites!; but, Andre Lott, Kendall Morehead (traitor)...

Coach T, young coach back in them days...again, ahead of his time.

Won it all in 96 and 98.

Those Melrose teams/Coach Thompson were ahead of their time. I graduated HS in 96...playing football in those days, you kept up with everything, everywhere (being in middle TN, The Tennesseean was all we had...that, and the Coach T (different Coach T) magazine that previewed the season). That passing attack, led by Wilson was off the charts, and for Ced to switch to WR at UT, and not skip a beat...one of my all time favorites!; but, Andre Lott, Kendall Morehead (traitor)...

Coach T, young coach back in them days...again, ahead of his time.

Won it all in 96 and 98.
They had real battles with Whitehouse(middle TN) and Dunbar(out of Atl, wonder what what happened to them?). Coach T definitely were ahead of time, rumor has it he sold plays to KY around the Dewayne Robertson signing. Part of what got him fired supposedly, along with fake addresses, pay to sign etc.. Imagine being 8 year old me after Ced signed and Peyton being the QB, then Tee Martin win a championship. Jamal Lewis and Travis Henry at RB. My cousin attended UT and got me a signed jersey from Henry(knowing how many kids he has I only imagine how she scored that). I still til this day remember watching NFL Europe just to watch Tee play meaningful snaps lol

Some things:
Strong hands

I’m not sure I’d call Elijah Brown a mediocre QB. He was a 4 star that went to Stanford

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I’m not sure I’d call Elijah Brown a mediocre QB. He was a 4 star that went to Stanford
I've watched him play for 3 years.

He's surrounded by the best collection of HS talent in America.
His back up RB signed with Georgia this past cycle 🙄.

Mater Dei has had some good QBs.
Never once did Elijah "wow' me.

Good kid. Very average talent

VN Store

Back