‘23 CA QB Nicholaus Iamaleava (Tennessee)

Joe Milton played great tonight. We couldnt run the ball with any consistenty and he still managed the offense well against the 3rd best team we have played this year. Nico will be good when we call his name.

Wright almost had 95 on 13 carries i think.
We ran well enough, but yeah....Joe looked like he could lead us next season.

Wright almost had 95 on 13 carries i think.
We ran well enough, but yeah....Joe looked like he could lead us next season.
He had a long one and then like 2 ten yarders. I am not saying wright had a bad game. But he had a lot of 0-2 yard rushes and so did small. I think we lost the line of scrimmage on offense. We were behind the chains all night.

Last edited:
Cade K proving why we don’t want to see Nico next season.
Truth. Always hard for a kid right out of HS. Having conceded that point, Nico will have bowl practice, spring ball, summer workouts and a fall camp plus hopefully some patsies to get his feet wet with before things get serious next season. How much of the offense can he absorb and how quickly can he adjust to the speed of the game at this level? Tough ask, but it's not impossible. Still hope Milton can be the man and we can ease Nico into the role slowly.

Reactions: ERvolsfan
Unless absolutely necessary, Nico needs to sit and learn the ins and outs of the offense, so when he does get his turn, he will be better prepared. Better for the program long term.

Based on last night think Joe will be ready. I trust this staff with a full summer and training camp to get him there.

Unless absolutely necessary, Nico needs to sit and learn the ins and outs of the offense, so when he does get his turn, he will be better prepared. Better for the program long term.

Based on last night think Joe will be ready. I trust this staff with a full summer and training camp to get him there.
I agree. I was down on Milton being the starter, but definitely changing my tune after last night. We probably wont be as dominant but Milton is fully capable of winning 10 games for us.

We need Nico to be ready, but hopefully not have to play. A good season would mean he gets to sit a year and learn. Then he can take over the next year and have two good years with him as QB.
If he's staying 3 years anyway then there's no need to RS him

He's not going to RS.

If Joe can continue what he did last night, then expect Nico to have the numbers Joe Milton had this season.

VN Store

Back