'25 CA QB Madden Iamaleava

Man his ability to lead his wrs and then his ball placement is impeccable...Especially with this being his first full year as a starter..The balls usually out 10 yards before his receiver hits there spot.S/O to the wrs both have to do there jobs for that to look so pretty.Look i like GMac but im not as blown away with him as some of u all are and believe Madden has the higher upside.Heupel knows his qbz if anythjng so ill defer to his judgement on this one for now.

So to confirm, some of y’all have talked yourselves into wanting Madden - whose best offer besides UT is AUB or maybe Washington and currently ranked 230th best prospect over GMac who is a top 15 ranked player in the country from the Volunteer State that arguably the greatest coach college football has ever seen has made his #1 target.

I’m not even saying anyone is wrong for this take. But these are wild times.
Can you say Ty Simpson-----------recruiting is sometimes a crap shoot.

Look no further than our star BB player that no one offered out of high school. Some players develop, some don't

Are we sure GM is the one we want?? Don't get me wrong, MacIntyre makes elite throws, but...dang, little Iamaleava making big time throws look easy there. That first one!!!
Getting GMac helps us more with instate kids (and some from surrounding states). But otherwise, I agree...Madden looks really good.

I say take both. Neither will play as a freshman anyways. So take them with the opportunity to learn under Huepel and then let them battle it out and one will transfer eventually.
My concern is that, even if we only take one of them, he'll eventually transfer because he won't want to sit behind Merklinger after Nico leaves. So there's a part of me that says if we're going to lose our 2025 QB signee anyway, he might as well be GMac, so we can get the instate recruits he draws with him.

Hopefully, that concern is unfounded and whoever it is will be willing to wait his turn.

Reactions: KingPeazy1978
I say take both. Neither will play as a freshman anyways. So take them with the opportunity to learn under Huepel and then let them battle it out and one will transfer eventually.

They would take them both I’m sure . Both won’t come tho

Reactions: Gandalf
Man his ability to lead his wrs and then his ball placement is impeccable...Especially with this being his first full year as a starter..The balls usually out 10 yards before his receiver hits there spot.S/O to the wrs both have to do there jobs for that to look so pretty.Look i like GMac but im not as blown away with him as some of u all are and believe Madden has the higher upside.Heupel knows his qbz if anythjng so ill defer to his judgement on this one for now.

I'm in the same boat with you.

To my untrained eyes, Madden seems better than GMac. An outsider would assume the intangibles that Nico possesses are probably also found with Madden as they share similar genes and raised by the same family.

However, Heupel certainly gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to QB evaluation, recruiting, and development. I'd love to pick his brain as to what he sees with GMac vs Madden. This assumes both actually want to play at UT.

No we don’t. Nico is guaranteed to be here 2 more years minimum.

the days of teams keeping 4 blue chip qbs are done with the advent of the portal.

16 out of the last 19 years we’ve had 2 or more QBs start because of injury or poor performance. If we can get Madden then having an arbitrary number about only taking one QB is absurd.

They would take them both I’m sure . Both won’t come tho
How do you know that?

😉

I could see how we might not have the NIL to get both. I could also see if Nico does really well here that Madden would forgo a big NIL deal to be here, knowing the coaching combined with the prospects of a large NIL deal in the future should he win the starting job would make this place as good an opportunity as any other being pitched to him.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
16 out of the last 19 years we’ve had 2 or more QBs start because of injury or poor performance. If we can get Madden then having an arbitrary number about only taking one QB is absurd.
I sat on pins and needles all year with only two legit QB’s on the roster. I’ve watched this game too long to see QB’s go down for a season early and it causes big problems. Imagine if we had lost Milton like Colquitt and back then we had Helton Then manning. Here we would’ve had one left.

So yea I’d like three good QBs for sure…

How do you know that?

😉

I could see how we might not have the NIL to get both. I could also see if Nico does really well here that Madden would forgo a big NIL deal to be here, knowing the coaching combined with the prospects of a large NIL deal in the future should he win the starting job would make this place as good an opportunity as any other being pitched to him.

The same reason GMac and Duece Knight were never going to the same school.

Remember when that was a thing?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I sat on pins and needles all year with only two legit QB’s on the roster. I’ve watched this game too long to see QB’s go down for a season early and it causes big problems. Imagine if we had lost Milton like Colquitt and back then we had Helton Then manning. Here we would’ve had one left.

So yea I’d like three good QBs for sure…
That old days having to sit a year kept LOYALTY in play and made it easier to stack guys up.

Reactions: BADGER_VOL
Heupel pulled out all the stops to land G-Mac.

Just shows how much he loves his potential.

Not to say Madden isn’t good too but there’s a reason why Heupel wasn’t going to let him go out of state.

Also, there’s no way we were going to land both.

QBs this day & time, aren’t going to want to sit on the bench and wait their turn.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Heupel pulled out all the stops to land G-Mac.

Just shows how much he loves his potential.

Not to say Madden isn’t good too but there’s a reason why Heupel wasn’t going to let him go out of state.

Also, there’s no way we were going to land both.

QBs this day & time, aren’t going to want to sit on the bench and wait their turn.
I've got news for you: GMac is going to be sitting on the bench and waiting for his turn as well.

VN Store

Back