Buying a Beach Condo - Tips?

Oli does a great job at Red Bar....I am looking to buy the Destin Diner from him. He also owns Louis Louis in SRB.
Let play golf next time you are down AR.

Update for anyone interesting. We are under contract and all is in order. Well, except for some title problems. Doubtful the problems will be resolved to our satisfaction in the short term so looks like we'll be back to the drawing board. Fortunately there are other units that are essentially the same. Need to wait out some efforts to rectify but I'm doubtful the current deal will go through.

Make sure you get a good title company people - we got lucky.

Update for anyone interesting. We are under contract and all is in order. Well, except for some title problems. Doubtful the problems will be resolved to our satisfaction in the short term so looks like we'll be back to the drawing board. Fortunately there are other units that are essentially the same. Need to wait out some efforts to rectify but I'm doubtful the current deal will go through.

Make sure you get a good title company people - we got lucky.

are yall financing or paying cash? cant remember which you said but I do remember someone said its a big cash business. Maybe that's for using it as rental property

Yeah that's something else I learned. In FL in particular looks like about 80% of condo buys are cash purchases. It wasn't hard to get a mortgage but most regular lenders won't touch condos that have what they call hotel services (check in). Most high rises fit this category. Most of this is due to FHA rules on conventional mortgages and Fannie/Freddie charge a premium to buy up these mortgages. We are looking at about a quarter point premium over standard conventional loans.

BHAM- you ever considered a cheap time share? Just saying, there are some awesome deals out there.

Good for them!
Let me know when you head this way again. We are learning the best places for each type of food down here. First one is on me.

I will be down in June, care to tell me the best seafood joints in the area? I haven't been to Destin in about 15 years.

I will be down in June, care to tell me the best seafood joints in the area? I haven't been to Destin in about 15 years.

Boshamps for fresh catch, no one beats their snapper.....Dewey Destins(original location) for fried very casual "dive".....Back Porch for view and atmosphere......
Harbor Docks has great fresh catch also

Reactions: 1 person
Boshamps for fresh catch, no one beats their snapper.....Dewey Destins(original location) for fried very casual "dive".....Back Porch for view and atmosphere......
Harbor Docks has great fresh catch also

the only thing, I would add is Pampano's Joes..I actually think it's better than the back porch....

get the smoked tuna dip has an app..

have fun

Surf Hut is very good - it's a new restaurant on the beach down the road from Pompano Joes. Beautiful views and great food. If you're on Okaloosa Island, check out Rockin' Taco! I live here and have helped many folks find their vacation getaway, let me know if you have questions!

I forgot about Pompano Joe's AR.....good call

I have been meaning to get to Surf Hut, just have not made it yet.....

are you waiting to charter for 1/2 day-Full day for 6-7 people, or go on a "head" boat..where there's 50-60 people on the boat fishing over the sides...

The first option is expensive. The second is like $40 dollars a person

Destin Deep Sea Fishing, Destin Charter Fishing Florida

here's a link that will get you started...I'd also recommend walking thru the marina around lunch time, early afternoon when they come in to see who is catching fish

are you waiting to charter for 1/2 day-Full day for 6-7 people, or go on a "head" boat..where there's 50-60 people on the boat fishing over the sides...

The first option is expensive. The second is like $40 dollars a person

Destin Deep Sea Fishing, Destin Charter Fishing Florida

here's a link that will get you started...I'd also recommend walking thru the marina around lunch time, early afternoon when they come in to see who is catching fish
Yeah, we will be looking for something like the first option. Thanks for the info.

Update: We closed on Friday. All the title issues were cleared up. Folks have been down there since. I'm heading down in a couple weeks.

Reactions: 2 people
Update: We closed on Friday. All the title issues were cleared up. Folks have been down there since. I'm heading down in a couple weeks.

Awesome.....I'll be down there first week in June. Have a beer ready for me and we will discuss the pains of being a Vol in the state of Alabama

VN Store

Back