Butch steps up to steal Saban's thunder!!!!!

Are you an ass in real life, or do you just play one on Volnation?

600? Listening to all the false bravado on volnation, you would have thought at least 600 computer packing vol fans on social media would have been turned away at the gate, do to the overwhelming response that there leader was taking matters into his hands at their insistence. I think he should sue for non support.

600? Listening to all the false bravado on volnation, you would have thought at least 600 computer packing vol fans on social media would have been turned away at the gate, do to the overwhelming response that there leader was taking matters into his hands at their insistence. I think he should sue for non support.

Yeah, at least 600 bammers would've shown up to watch Updyke poison Toomer's trees if he woulda told them in advance.

Tusk is spinning the numbers a bit. The report I saw said 800 fans.

Tusk's spun numbers (and douchey delivery) aside, how is it that 800 Vols showed up for Jones in Cleveland at $25 a pop, while 1500 are showing up for Saban in Athens at twice the price? Are the venues different sizes?

Tusk is spinning the numbers a bit. The report I saw said 800 fans.

Tusk's spun numbers (and douchey delivery) aside, how is it that 800 Vols showed up for Jones in Cleveland at $25 a pop, while 1500 are showing up for Saban in Athens at twice the price? Are the venues different sizes?

The News Sentinel suggested, "near 600." Of course if you were there, I concede.

Whatever. Even at 800, the numbers tell an interesting story.

No, they really don't. You've got no idea what size the venue was, what came with admission, how many were fans and how many were just there to hear a coach speak or were just there because they bought a ticket to support something etc. same thing goes for Saban's appearance. It's meaningless.

Let's see, Saban's visit planned months in advance and advertised with billboards across a wide area. Current coach of the nat'l championship team. Gobs of success in recent years.

Coach Jones hasn't coached a game yet. Not widely as widely advertised. Happened on the same night as Riverbend opening night.

Gosh, it's just so hard to understand.

Reactions: 2 people
The whole debate is ridiculous. I've personally driven and introduced half the coaches in the SEC and ACC to large crowds in a town 90 miles from Athens, GA. It meant nothing as far as support for UGA. It just indicated people were interested to hear a big time coach speak.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey volley!!! Amazing huh?

carlton-dance.gif

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE ... :rock:

No, they really don't. You've got no idea what size the venue was, what came with admission, how many were fans and how many were just there to hear a coach speak or were just there because they bought a ticket to support something etc. same thing goes for Saban's appearance. It's meaningless.

I asked about the size of the venues. And your other points are good as well. The raw numbers are interesting.

Out of curiosity, did the money for the Jones event go to a charity or something? $25 seems steep for a pep rally.

Let's see, Saban's visit planned months in advance and advertised with billboards across a wide area. Current coach of the nat'l championship team. Gobs of success in recent years.

Coach Jones hasn't coached a game yet. Not widely as widely advertised. Happened on the same night as Riverbend opening night.

Gosh, it's just so hard to understand.

You just posted on: "Butch steps up to steal Saban's thunder."

If tennessee was going for the sonic boom, doesn't sound like you guys are up to speed.

If tennessee was going for the sonic boom, doesn't sound like you guys are up to speed.

Look farther up than that, at those big letters that spell VOLNATION. It's a place to talk about all things Vols. Various opinions here, as you would expect with any fan forum. I'm assuming you can comprehend that?

Reactions: 3 people

The comedy here is that as much as some people come off as ignoramuses for wiggling out over an appearance, you're pegging out the Doucheometer pretending that it matters in the other direction.

Look farther up than that, at those big letters that spell VOLNATION. It's a place to talk about all things Vols. Various opinions here, as you would expect with any fan forum. I'm assuming you can comprehend that?

Don't confuse the subject matter with a different point of view. It happens in the best of neighborhoods.

Yo brah, you just got Butch Slapped by Vollygirl!

Last edited:
I really will be glad when we start winning again, because claiming stuff like this as victories is pathetic. Yeah I know, you have to find a silver lining but geez.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back