Butch says no grey uniforms for Florida, undecided if we'll wear them at all in 2014

Tennessee.jpg

Really? I see some color in there. :crazy:

The point isn't that gray came first. It's that they didn't pull a color out of their butts when they came up with the alternates. It really doesn't seem like a big deal

The point is, it was a joke. Lighten up!

The bigger point is ask anyone what UT's official colors are and you could count the number on 1 finger (you) that would include grey as one of UT's colors.

The rest of the world would say orange and white.

Reactions: 1 person
The point is, it was a joke. Lighten up!

The bigger point is ask anyone what UT's official colors are and you could count the number on 1 finger (you) that would include grey as one of UT's colors.

The rest of the world would say orange and white.

And that's why it's an alternate uniform. Tough concept to understand, I suppose.

And that's why it's an alternate uniform. Tough concept to understand, I suppose.
Not really, not everybody needs alternate uniforms. Where did the alternate uniform idea come from anyways? I'll tell you where, the uniform and apparel manufacturers trying to fatten their own bottom line. That's not a tough concept either.

Not really, not everybody needs alternate uniforms. Where did the alternate uniform idea come from anyways? I'll tell you where, the uniform and apparel manufacturers trying to fatten their own bottom line. That's not a tough concept either.

Maybe we should remind the AD to consult the armchair coaches and keyboard administrators before making any decisions that have zero impact on what happens on the field.

Where did the idea for more seating come from?

Do you really think it was about home field advantage? Please tell me you aren't that naive. The idea came from administrators wanting to make more money.

You guys are so dumb fighting something that bothers nobody but crusty "traditionalists."

UT could have as many jerseys as Oregon and that would be just fine.

Get more people buying Ut gear. Get more people taking about UT. Get more recruits eyes on UT.

Do you really think it was about home field advantage? Please tell me you aren't that naive. The idea came from administrators wanting to make more money.

You guys are so dumb fighting something that bothers nobody but crusty "traditionalists."

Get more people buying Ut gear. Get more people taking about UT. Get more recruits eyes on UT.
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to throw in university administrators into the group wanting to fatten the bottom line. Recruits will cast their eye upon a winning program that can get their asses into the NFL. Oh wait, throw the recruits into the group that wants to fatten their bottom line.

We won tons of games and a NC without alternate uniforms

Orange and White is all we need

Lets stop trying to copy cat everyone else and just be UT

Aren't we just copying BAMA with that approach? :dunno:

Aren't we just copying BAMA with that approach? :dunno:

Some people confuse their opinion with what UT's identity should be. The truth is that the team should do whatever it feels represents our university well, regardless of who else does what. We have went from having our players arrested for armed robbery and bar brawling to huge academic, image, and talent improvements. I think they have earned enough trust that if they feel good about doing an alternate uniform, then we should too, even if we don't care for them as individuals.

Reactions: 5 people
Some people confuse their opinion with what UT's identity should be. The truth is that the team should do whatever it feels represents our university well, regardless of who else does what. We have went from having our players arrested for armed robbery and bar brawling to huge academic, image, and talent improvements. I think they have earned enough trust that if they feel good about doing an alternate uniform, then we should too, even if we don't care for them as individuals.

VERY reasonable and well thought out post!...almost refreshing!

Last edited:
They Wore golden pants also in the 30s . Not a school color either. Look it up.

Khaki pants with an orange helmet with a white cross across the top. Talk about throw back, that would be throw back. I believe that was our uniform in 1938, 1939, and 1940. Go look up the record for those 3 years. And one of those teams was never scored on during the regular season.

Khaki pants with an orange helmet with a white cross across the top. Talk about throw back, that would be throw back. I believe that was our uniform in 1938, 1939, and 1940. Go look up the record for those 3 years. And one of those teams was never scored on during the regular season.

So they were " cursed"? :)

My son bought the new smokey grey this morning. It looks better on than I thought it would. It's still a stretch, but it's not as hideous as I thought it would be...

Problem is it's so disingeneous to go back 100 years for a grey, get the administrative marketing department involved to develop that pansey "palette" and then push that as if "it's always been" comes across as our University just flat out telling a lie and claiming it's truth.

Why not just tell it like it is?

Modern recruits want modern uniforms with an alternate thrown in now and then. Here at UT we choose this dark grey because it was once used along time ago, and we like our tradition here at UT. Some of you might say that is what they did. Myself and others will disagree.

Last edited:
Problem is it's so disingeneous to go back 100 years for a grey, get the administrative marketing department involved to develop that pansey "palette" and then push that as if "it's always been" comes across as our University just flat out telling a lie and claiming it's truth.

Modern recruits want modern uniforms with an alternate thrown in now and then. Here at UT we choose this dark grey because it was once used along time ago, and we like our tradition here at UT. Some of you might say that is what they did. Myself and others will disagree.

How many times you watch JFK? Bet you a conspiracy theory, it's more than eight! :victory:

It's disingenuous to go back 100 years to look at history, but it's not to only go back 70? Not sure what exactly makes colors "pansey". Besides, why do you give a ****?

You're naming a lot of things that the University did and what we "here at UT" did, etc. as if they don't have the right. Why is it a big deal? They didn't go full Oregon with 1000 different uniforms. It's smokey gray. Simple and still features the orange. AND it was voted one of the best alternate uniforms last year across the country by a few places. Sooooo, once again, who cares?

It's a uniform that gets used maybe twice a year and you're *****ing as if the university a) owes you an explanation and b) should have consulted you first.

Reactions: 2 people
It's disingenuous to go back 100 years to look at history, but it's not to only go back 70? Not sure what exactly makes colors "pansey". Besides, why do you give a ****?

You're naming a lot of things that the University did and what we "here at UT" did, etc. as if they don't have the right. Why is it a big deal? They didn't go full Oregon with 1000 different uniforms. It's smokey gray. Simple and still features the orange. AND it was voted one of the best alternate uniforms last year across the country by a few places. Sooooo, once again, who cares?

It's a uniform that gets used maybe twice a year and you're *****ing as if the university a) owes you an explanation and b) should have consulted you first.

And you act like you're entitled to see an alternate uniform. What's the difference? Nothing. The point is, these alternates started a long time ago at this school as an only on Halloween at home thing, to a once a year thing, to now a couple times a year. Read the children's book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and tell me what you learn. If you can understand the meaning of it.

And you act like you're entitled to see an alternate uniform. What's the difference? Nothing. The point is, these alternates started a long time ago at this school as an only on Halloween at home thing, to a once a year thing, to now a couple times a year. Read the children's book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and tell me what you learn. If you can understand the meaning of it.

It's not about what I want. The team wants it... the ones who actually go out and play the game and the university supports it. So, it shouldn't be a big deal

Reactions: 2 people
It's not about what I want. The team wants it... the ones who actually go out and play the game and the university supports it. So, it shouldn't be a big deal[/QUOTopposed E]

If the team wanted to wear blue and orange, you'd be ok with that? Did you support the coach that showed non-stop highlights of USC because it was his team? I sure as hell didn't because this is Tennessee, and the program and the tradition of this school are greater than these 85 current kids. I'm sorry you're a part of the instant gratification and spoiled generation, but sometimes no needs to be the answer.

Last edited:
Anyway, this argument is played out and stale. They're going to do whatever they want and like last year, it won't be ridiculous.

VN Store

Back