Butch Jones press conference tomorrow at noon

This press conference is officially late. It could be bad. It could be good. It could be another fashion show.

2004 was a dual QB system out of necessity (after the first game) because of injuries. I don't recall Ainge and Schaeffer splitting time when both were healthy except for the UNLV game.

Shaeffer was actually the starter ahead of Ainge. When Ainge had that great second half against Florida, Fulmer quickly named him the starter for game 3 and he looked lost.

Still in my mind, one of the great mistakes in Fulmer's career that carried over into 2005

Did anyone catch the reporter who asked if Kirkland Jr was out for this game right after Butch finished saying DKJr just had surgery today? Lol

Reactions: 1 person
DIfVl8qWAAAFcGU.jpg

Need 3d glasses IMO.

Last edited:
That line up is world beaters yo! Feeling so hyped! Whip GT, win a dogfight with Florida and the whole season is up for grabs at that point.

why is the place kicker an OR? I just always thought Medley was there despite some issues because of the experience and National stage....has the other outperformed in camp? I just don't remember seeing anything...do you think its real that it wont be Medley Monday night?

What question, SJT?

The only person I see not answering a question is this: you said that you remember "less than 20" cases of a 2-QB system being used in college football. So...what are those "less than 20" cases, and how'd they do? If you truly do remember them, you shouldn't need any research. Just blurt them out.

Now, I'm happy to answer any question you like, if I know the answer. What's your question?

Are you intentionally being obtuse or did I give you more credit that you deserve?

WHY... if it is a DESIRABLE THING... do coaches avoid using 2 QB's? You keep pointing to exceptions as proof that it works. If it worked as a way of doing things then someone would do it.

You do this as if you are supporting that it be used now. Is it not your bias that motivates you to support this idea?

Pointing to the exceptions does NOTHING to support the notion that both of UT's QB's should play. One should be the starter. One should be the back up. I'm fine with either guy. It would be foolish to play two guys with similar games if one guy has won the job.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back