Butch and the energy bus

... I suppose you could argue that not every program is as forthcoming with what their slogans and mottos are. But I can assure you that every program, even Alabama, uses the same motivational tactics.
Yeah, I imagine theirs is something like; "We may not build Brick by Brick, own it, or be Champions of Life, but; everybody wishes they could be as good and win as much as us".

A little snippet of some one-on-one coaching from spring camp:

"Where's the end zone?

"Yeah.

"Then why you running that way?

"Right? We like touchdowns here. Checkerboard endzones. Six points, right? A hundred and two thousand, four hundred and fifty five cheering your name."

Last edited:
This energy bus was a thing like two years ago or something. Butch was talking about energy vampires. :) This was long before 5 star hearts.

But those slogans and catchphrases are what today's generation of kids, both players and recruits, respond to. The fans may not like them, but it's how coaches in every program get their kids' attention and keep it.

I suppose you could argue that not every program is as forthcoming with what their slogans and mottos are. But I can assure you that every program, even Alabama, uses the same motivational tactics.

It might work, but I question sharing it with the world. For all we know, half the D1 programs in the country might use the same type catchy program, or another one. But how many make it public?

After you win some meaningful titles, tell the world. But until you win, raving about it is not exactly an endorsement they should want.

VN Store

Back